Laughing City
Christian
Sea Post King

I hate the helmets/faces they are all wearing, but other than that it's great! They all look wonderful.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
wilsmith wrote:
^ Well, the first thing I thought of was Michael Jackson's Black or White video, which I think was the first to digitally morph faces, though I know there was an earlier one that just did a fade.

Yeah, me too and this one? Cry by Godley and Creme.

I like the video. They all look great and the cgi things look Sherri inspired.

That's the earlier video I was thinking of! Good follow up.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

What an e-blast!

Personally, just on first watch, I liked it! I almost got confused by who was who during the video, Laughing but I get the concept.

I was definitely thinking how it was almost the opposite of Invasion, only they really were becoming free of the mind control or whatever illusions the helmets were making them see. I like the 2012 thrown in there as well.

Nice video!
Kirk
Sea Post King

Is the video available anywhere else besides YouTube? It would be perfectly fine if I were home in America, but YouTube (like most other video-sharing sites) is persona non grata in the PRC. My ideal scenario would be an H.264 download link, but I’ll take anything.
Joined: 05 Jul 2003 | Posts: 374 | Location: Seattle, Washington
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

Kirk wrote:
Is the video available anywhere else besides YouTube? It would be perfectly fine if I were home in America, but YouTube (like most other video-sharing sites) is persona non grata in the PRC. My ideal scenario would be an H.264 download link, but I’ll take anything.

www.strangeyellowpatterns.com/medias/play/347-the-valley-music-video

Smile
Kirk
Sea Post King

norad wrote:
Kirk wrote:

Smile

Thank you so much. The video is amazing (and a little bit steampunk).

One small thing: you can’t download the file. It streams OK, but if you try to download it, there’s an error (no MIME type). Not the end of the world, but just an FYI.
Joined: 05 Jul 2003 | Posts: 374 | Location: Seattle, Washington
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

Kirk wrote:
norad wrote:
Kirk wrote:

Smile

Thank you so much. The video is amazing (and a little bit steampunk).

One small thing: you can’t download the file. It streams OK, but if you try to download it, there’s an error (no MIME type). Not the end of the world, but just an FYI.

You're welcome!

Thanks for the heads up! I forgot to add the MP4 mime to the site. It should be fixed now. Smile
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

I really like the video, it's visually interesting and has high replayability, which are 2 key ingredients to music videos (especially from a commercial perspective.) I've watched this 5 times already, compare that to 'Smarter' which I probably have seen a total of 4 times.

I like Little Firefly's observation about the sequence in which they remove their helmets in age order, flip-flopping Garron & Stacy as a dramatic necessity since she's the one singing the song. I mean how can you beat that visage when she takes hers off?? That leads me to think that the 2012 symbolically means that Eisley are all grow'd up now, it's no longer 2005 when they were all kids. Still don't quite get the part where they are getting the helmets put on though, everyone is the same age which is a little contradictory. Maybe the message is simply "Don't let others tell you to see what they want you to see," i.e. think for yourself and follow your own dreams. You know, I can kinda see this video as a metaphor for their experience with WB (the corporate 'machine') too, but I don't believe that was the intention. Not directly anyway. Twisted Evil

Also, did anyone else get the sisters mixed up the first time? In 2-D, I could REALLY see their similarities! Chauntelle looks so much like both Sherri AND Stacy from 2:20-2:25 which is my favorite bit in the video, she makes some great faces. Smile But I kept getting her confused with S&S throughout and had to rely on her dress for identification.

And yes, olimario, I think the opening is cool too, simulating a kinetoscope to introduce the old-timey feel. Idea I think 'Memories' still my favorite vid but this runs a tight race with 'Invasion' for #2.

vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

I like the I Wasn't Prepared video better than this.
Lost at Forum

vivalaspopie wrote:

stop joking around!

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

BRILLIANT!! Very Happy
norad
Vintage Newbie

The Man In The Moon wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:

stop joking around!

Knowing Sophie, I doubt she is joking.
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

norad wrote:
The Man In The Moon wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:

stop joking around!

Knowing Sophie, I doubt she is joking.

Was about to say the same... Wink
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Wow! I thought it was really cool, despite some people's misgivings and criticisms. And I actually think it gets BETTER with each repeated viewing... but that's just ME, I guess Wink
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

grain thrower wrote:
I mean how can you beat that visage when she takes hers off??

I literally gasped. Congratulations on your face, Stacy.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...