Laughing City
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

why did the album get reposted? all the reviews and ratings are gone. random, and not that important, but i think possibly misleading to potential new fans.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
tungsten
Sea Post King

I noticed that as well . . . it makes it look like no ones even touched it.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

it's weird. i know they did that with room noises a while back too. least i think they did

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

maybe they did something with all that new Icloud stuff and possibly increasing the quality of the tracks from the previous lower res compressions? Who knows?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
maybe they did something with all that new Icloud stuff and possibly increasing the quality of the tracks from the previous lower res compressions? Who knows?

Wouldn't really make sense unless there was a remaster.
Every track on iTunes is a 256 kbps AAC file. That hasn't changed in 2 or 3 years. And iClloud hasn't changed anything.
Maybe they accidentally let it expire or something? Or the label switched how they get their tracks on iTunes?

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I didn't know if Apple updated their entire catalog when they added Itunes+ , that's what the higher bitrate files were called right??? Seems like ages ago. Room Noises is 6 years old going on 7, so those files they were selling, sans update might have been ancient, that was my thinking.

They could be imbedding so coding for all their new (gimmmicky) services, like the one that "legalizes" your digital music collection for a subscription fee. I forgot the name... In the past labels would rerelease old (catalog) material to coincide with an former artists new releases to take advantage of the marketing & publicity push from the new label & potential uptick in the artists profile/ popularity, but I don't see that working in the digital marketplace.

just generally odd, I checked a few other WB "Alums" on Itunes just to see what's up... and David Garza's This Euphoria, that came out in 1998 oldest rating is from 2009 and Tori Amos's Boys For Pele from 1996 has ratings dating back to 05'. Tori was definitely a bigger success for WB than Garza, so maybe the scope of the artist's success might be a factor Confused

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
David Garza's This Euphoria,

Love that album

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

The best thing to come out of Lubbock since Buddy Holly (and only, that I'm aware of). I'm a pretty big fan of his. I'll blab about him some other day...

JBaker
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:

They could be imbedding so coding for all their new (gimmmicky) services, like the one that "legalizes" your digital music collection for a subscription fee. I forgot the name...

iTunes Match. And it's not gimmicky. I have it, and it's actually really awesome.
For instance, I can have all my music on my home computer. Then, when I'm at work, it's all just automagically there on iTunes on my work computer. Pick up a new CD on my lunch break? Rip it to my work computer, and it's in my iTunes library on my home computer when I get home. Not to mention the space it saves on your iPhone and iPad without having to physically store all the media on them. I can upload a track to any of my computers, pull out my iPhone two seconds later, open up the music folder, and BAM, there's the song I JUST put on my computer,ready to be streamed.

So yes, it can be used to "legitimize" your less than legal tracks, but it also has a ton of really useful and practical aspects.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

JBaker wrote:
automagically

you better trademark that, there's money in that one:lol:
Match service is an extension of the icloud I take it? Good use of the tech, a step beyond Amazon's cloud player since it grabs your whole library (wonder if it does so for files it can't identify as in not in Gracenote etc? Ideally people who don't make their own media content wouldn't have a lot of these so actually pulling them up to a server wouldn't require much).

Meanwhile... Room Noises-the Valley, Amazon.com still has all their reviews, none of which I've ever read (cept the Valley reviews). I read some, the lowest ones. That's always what I do anytime I consider buying something from amazon. Kind of a trip 7 years later to read people's critiques who had a similar take on Room Noises that I did at that time. And they only have 9 new cds left in stock of Room Noise and Combinations respectively.

Itunes has the reviews of Room Noises and Combinations still, but the Room Noises reviews appear to be in no particular order... and those are listed as WEA releases.

I know the Valley is listed as released by Equal Vision exclusively, was it originally on itunes as being from WEA? The cds were/ are. Maybe their deal was that after the first run of cds the rights to the digital release would revert to Equal Vision after some period of time. This especially makes sense with a new release upcoming from the same label that signed them and then had to share 1st release with WB...

JBaker
Vintage Newbie

As for your tiny font note above, it uploads songs that it can't match to their server.
So for those songs, the process obviously takes a little bit longer the first time you set it up.
And yes, it's an extension of iCloud. But unlike the rest of the free stuff, it costs $25 a year. For me at least, with a Mac at home, Mac at work, iPad, iPhone, and iPod, the $2 a month is worth it.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Now if Match also functions as an offsite backup that would let you dl your files should you suffer a catastrophic failure or theft on whichever devices had the physical memory to store your library. If not that's probably in the works.

boone
Vintage Newbie

iCloud already does that. For free.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

boone wrote:
iCloud already does that. For free.

iCloud only does that for iTunes purchased tracks.
But yes, iTunes Match will backup all your songs for you to redownload in case of data failure.
And you don't have to stream. I can download the songs onto my other computers easily. I just usually choose not to as a space saver.

In theory, you could delete all your music off of all of your computers, saving you that 20+ GB of space, and just stream it all from iCloud. Just rip CDs than delete them seconds later once the Match processes.