Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
juan_diego
Sea Post King

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
http://www.hotelcafe.com/tickets/?s=events_view&id=1419

Gah! No video or photography.

That totally sucks, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was per Stacy and/or Jeremy's request. Stacy is so protective of her songs.

olimario
Laughing Citizen

Way to make a concert less enjoyable for the people who attend.
People love taking photos and videos when they attend something they love. It's basically free publicity.

HATE
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

You know what I love? Attending a concert and being able to see the stage without fifty cameras and phones in my way. People are losing the ability to be purely present in a moment without documenting it, and if Stacy wants to encourage respect for a unique experience by prohibiting videos and photos, I give her props.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
olimario
Laughing Citizen

As a photographer this would be make or break for me. I would hate attending a concert where I couldn't take photos.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

As a photographer I hate shooting live shows.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Before anyone gets bent out of shape, look at the other ticket pages for other bands and notice that they all say no video or cameras.

I haven't ever taken photos of a concert. As you may know, I too call myself a photographer. I know that I would miss a lot (and I don't mean photo ops) if i spent the whole evening trying for "the shot". I feel this way sometimes when I'm out birding. Sometimes it's nice to leave the camera or binoculars behind and take it all in.

Last edited by johnip on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

As a "journalist" I hate going to a show with the intention of writing about it ( &/ or shooting photos, which I used to do, mediocrely ) if I really wanted to go to the show as a fan. After the fact, if I really enjoyed the show, I'll want to share the experience in some capacity, but during, I just want to "be there" with no concern about remembering a set list, grabbing a shot or a particularly striking lighting arrangement or stage placement or the artist. I haven't written a show review in... jeez, it's been a few years I think, even though before had I was compelled to write about most all i've attended, most of which have been Epically good. I get in the venue, the music starts, and I'm like, "Screw all that, it's Zen time!"

As for the policy of the venue, in some cases venues record all their own shows and may make them available, so the agreement is a matter of exclusivity. In others, they do so as a courtesy to the artists who chose their venue and want a chance to just perform freely. There's a lot to lose if videos come out of a rough performance early in an artists tour schedule, let alone career (Lana Del Rey...).

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
thismirage
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
You know what I love? Attending a concert and being able to see the stage without fifty cameras and phones in my way. People are losing the ability to be purely present in a moment without documenting it, and if Stacy wants to encourage respect for a unique experience by prohibiting videos and photos, I give her props.

qft

Joined: 20 Dec 2003 | Posts: 380 | Location: San Francisco, Ca
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

I can definitely see banning flash photography at a show. It's not only intrusive to the performers, but also to the other concert goers! Of course, even if you go to Disney World or Universal, there's alway some bonehead that does it! Mad
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

juan_diego wrote:

That totally sucks, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was per Stacy and/or Jeremy's request. Stacy is so protective of her songs.

I'm thinking this is a VENUE policy and not any thing to do with the artists. Stacy and Eisley have always been very open about photography and videos at past concerts...

magicaljadestorm
Sea Post King

I can not wait to hear this album! I can't stop listening to When We Were Young. It is such a beautiful song.
Foolish boy. Don't you know anything about Fantasia? It's the world of human fantasy. Every part, every creature of it, is a piece of the dreams and hopes of mankind. Therefore, it has no boundaries. ~G'Mork
tungsten
Sea Post King

This song really is something special.
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

Dan and Sam wrote:
juan_diego wrote:

I'm thinking this is a VENUE policy and not any thing to do with the artists. Stacy and Eisley have always been very open about photography and videos at past concerts...

Yes it's a VENUE policy. Smile Says that on their website... "Hotel Cafe is 21+"

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Wowowowowowow. Yes, Sucre so far as good as I hoped - and I had BIG hopes. Love

Playing in LA gives a better chance somebody will record it and share it around. Not saying it's *likely* to happen, but there's a chance. I follow a couple live music trading sites and will keep a lookout. There are two guys in LA who seem to do nothing but attend & record shows, even obscure acts. One guy recorded some girl from the East coast called Helena who I tried & liked quite a bit, she doesn't even have an album out but is in the process of recording for (cue the irony) Warner Bros. I resisted passing along the obvious "Good luck - she'll need it" quip.

firekites82
Sea Post King

random question ....

is anyone from the san diego area going to this LA sucre show? i bought a ticket (since it was only like $6) in case i felt like driving up there on monday evening for the show (yes, i know i am a crazy die-hard fan), but it sure would be nice to split the cost of gas with someone ..

absolute worst-case scenario, i'm out $6.. haha.

feel free to pm me if you're in the san diego area and you're interested or planning on going! thanks!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>