Laughing City
Christian
Sea Post King

ks1990 wrote:
She sounds so much like Stacy!

I thought of both Stacy and Chauntelle when I heard it. She is quite amazing.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

I think she sounds like a cross between Sherri and Stacy. On this song, at least.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

She has her own way of forming words and notes that is uniquely hers. There's a bit of a vibrato to her singing, but only slight. Like Stacy and Sherri, her singing voice is an extension of her speaking voice, and they all seem really unique to me now, though related.

Sherri is a very throaty singer, lots of wind/ projection with clear notes. Stacy has a breathier delivery, and plays with her range, and will those crescendos and decrescendos of switch octaves and has a wavering vibrato.

Christie really does seem to fit in between those two to my ear. She projects with a bit of a vibrato, but sings in her upper register without having to use a lot of effort to do so. She manages to sound "warm" without lowering her register, which I think might remind folks of Stacy when she was younger and her voice hadn't deepened to it's current richness. It think if they can all probably sing like each other, but if I were a betting man, I would think that Chauntelle and Stacy hold down the Alto a little steadier than their sisters.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Caley
Lost at Forum

HOLY MOLY! It sounds so dang good!
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

wilsmith wrote:
She has her own way of forming words and notes that is uniquely hers. There's a bit of a vibrato to her singing, but only slight. Like Stacy and Sherri, her singing voice is an extension of her speaking voice, and they all seem really unique to me now, though related.

Sherri is a very throaty singer, lots of wind/ projection with clear notes. Stacy has a breathier delivery, and plays with her range, and will those crescendos and decrescendos of switch octaves and has a wavering vibrato.

Christie really does seem to fit in between those two to my ear. She projects with a bit of a vibrato, but sings in her upper register without having to use a lot of effort to do so. She manages to sound "warm" without lowering her register, which I think might remind folks of Stacy when she was younger and her voice hadn't deepened to it's current richness. It think if they can all probably sing like each other, but if I were a betting man, I would think that Chauntelle and Stacy hold down the Alto a little steadier than their sisters.

i wonder if stacy's range can reach down to contralto. if you listen to live versions of invasion and over the mountains her vocals can get deep and creepy.

over the mountains: pay attention to the ooohs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm3ZdkGNHX0

invasion: the choruses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8svOQUEL-Y

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Great examples! Also, good examples showcasing Sherri's vibrato when she opens up and sings from her diaphragm. I think it's actually more pronounced than Christie or Stacy's when she sings that way.

Also, hearing those songs again was a nice dose of awesome at this wee hour of the night. Man, Over The Mountains... just... YES!!!

I was never partial to Invasion, but the stripped down acoustic version is working for me right now. Always nice to be reminded of why you have ALWAYS enjoyed a band. It's a luxury nowadays, cause sustainability is fleeting.

Back to Christie, it can't hurt that she's had the chance to hear everyone else sing ahead of her, so it might be second nature for her to sing their passages like they do, and meanwhile do her own thing with her own material. I wouldn't be surprised if the differences in the sisters voices stood out more if they were singing newer songs they'd all written verses those earlier songs when they were all younger and their voices a bit more juvenile.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

olimario wrote:
iTunes as the ONLY place to get music is horrible.

Buying on Amazon means I get a high bit rate Mp3 download AND the song appears in my Cloud Drive. I love their service.

iTunes songs have the same bitrate as Amazon, plus they're a higher quality compression.
And they appear in your iCloud. And if you have Cloud Drive, you could just upload the album into it, no?
Aside from your personal preference, I'm not sure what the benefit is there.

Anyway, I like the sounds of this. She does sound a lot like Stacy.

olimario
Laughing Citizen

Well, it's ease for me.
iTunes turned me off to their service years ago and I don't want to go through the cumbersome setup process and have to give me CC# to them for a small download.

Amazon MP3 is a huge marketplace that basically has all of the digital music consumers that iTunes does not have.

I just hope there are options. It's weird that a CD is only being sold in one place.
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

olimario wrote:
Well, it's ease for me.
iTunes turned me off to their service years ago and I don't want to go through the cumbersome setup process and have to give me CC# to them for a small download.

Amazon MP3 is a huge marketplace that basically has all of the digital music consumers that iTunes does not have.

I just hope there are options. It's weird that a CD is only being sold in one place.

My guess is it will be elsewhere as well.
There isn't a really good reason for it not to be. It might just be that they have a relationship with some people at iTunes right now, and don't have one with anyone at Amazon. As an unsigned artist, that helps.

iTunes accounts for about 70% of digital downloads, whereas Amazon accounts for about 15%. If you're only getting in bed with one, it should be iTunes. But like we've both said, if there are no barriers to entry, ideally it's best to reach every platform you can.

olimario
Laughing Citizen

70%
Wow SMH
It took me a week of using iTunes back in 2007 to realize that it was cumbersome, intrusive, and limiting.

THey may have changed that in the years since, but not enough to win my business back from a savvy competitor like Amazon.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

You can attribute that to Apple's domination of the mobile music hardware and ready made distribution built into their devices. I'm surprised they haven't been hit with a suit like Microsoft was regarding having IE on the OS and everything slanted towards using it to browse the net.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft

That's been a big factor, cause it's simply easier to use Itunes out of the box on an Apple Device than any other service. If you're gonna hop on Safari on your brand new Ipad or Ipod to get to amazon, and download their app etc, why bother when you can just open the itunes store?

Now, I buy from Amazon every chance I get, just so I have full portability of my files, since I have an old phone that I use as a stunt MP3 player and a sansa Clip that don't support AAC, plus I don't have to re-download the album art to each Itunes account on my varying machines, a few of which are offline anyway.

One thing I also noticed was that Eisley releases have promoted their release on Itunes, but usually come out on Amazon too, but you might have to dig for links to the deluxe versions etc. It (the mp3s) may be available there, just not something they're promoting.

This is her first Itunes release, makes me think they may have a little label situation going on?

Last edited by wilsmith on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

I have been wondering if they'd be signed under Max's umbrella on EVR. As soon as I heard about Tallhart and his little subdivision, I've been guessing it'll happen soon.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

olimario wrote:
70%
Wow SMH
It took me a week of using iTunes back in 2007 to realize that it was cumbersome, intrusive, and limiting.

THey may have changed that in the years since, but not enough to win my business back from a savvy competitor like Amazon.

It's still pretty bloated on Windows as far as I know. And due to differences in the way Windows and Mac innately handle files and directories, you can end up with weird things in Windows where it says the location of your file is moved or something like that.

It's always worked well on Mac though.
And due to the proliferation of iPhones, iPads, and iPods, I'm guessing a pretty nice chunk of that 70% is people just buying and downloading directly onto their iDevice.

With Apple's shift to iCloud, I wouldn't be surprised if iTunes becomes a bit leaner in the next few years, as it shifts from a "media hub" app to an audio and video player and organizer.

olimario
Laughing Citizen

No news all week.
What's the deal with the release?
norad
Vintage Newbie

olimario wrote:
No news all week. What's the deal with the release?

It's releasing March 6th.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>