Laughing City
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

https://www.amazon.com/Marsh-Kings-Daughter-Karen-Dionne/dp/0735213003

Not too long ago I was looking through the Entertainment section of the paper and my eye caught a familiar phrase. It was a book review for a book called, Marsh King's Daughter.

My basic Google search has not found the author saying the title comes from the Eisley song. I'm not sure where Eisley got the title. I haven't seen any DuPrees mention this book, but I don't see everything they do.

Thoughts?

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

bigideas wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/Marsh-Kings-Daughter-Karen-Dionne/dp/073 5213003

Not too long ago I was looking through the Entertainment section of the paper and my eye caught a familiar phrase. It was a book review for a book called, Marsh King's Daughter.

My basic Google search has not found the author saying the title comes from the Eisley song. I'm not sure where Eisley got the title. I haven't seen any DuPrees mention this book, but I don't see everything they do.

Thoughts?

Not sure if you've moved further since this post (it was a while ago), but I would definitely alert someone (you probably have better intuition than I would about who best to contact). IANAL, but it seems like there may be infringement of some kind or other, and if so and if the book is selling, the girls should be getting paid (or would it be Warner who would get paid)?
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

I don't think you can really copyright a song title. I would also think Equal Vision and/or if the band has some kind of legal council, that they would have already been alerted or looked into it. It is a pretty unique phrase, so if the author did get it from the Eisley song, I'm sure they would have looked into it before printing etc.
Shadow Mouse
Sea Post King

The Marsh King's Daughter is one of Hans Christian Anderson's fairy tales. I have a collection of his stories and I couldn't help but smile when I came to this page: