Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
Marina
Sea Post King

Oh my god, I really like the two songs! Sounds too much interesting! I can't wait to hear the album version! As said above, the new album seems to be better than The Valley. I'm so excited especialy for Aristicats, now more than ever!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I might be wrong but I think the uploader might be Princesstripandfall cause she had the hook-up on the other Brewtones shows way back when... but I might be wrong about that. I am probably definitely wrong about that. I think it's an lcer though. I can't remember the other Lcer who was money on the vids from brewtones. There were always two posters that would come through.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Wow, so I haven't been following what was going on (besides on Twitter, slightly) for the past few weeks so quick reply to everything I've been processing the past hour.

1) Oh my gosh...Aristicats is going to be on the new album?! I LOVED that demo, even as it is. I hope they keep the atmosphere of it (though, of course, expanded). I wouldn't be upset if it got a name change, though.

2) I love the new songs! I wasn't sure until they got started, but both songs have a very majestic, beautiful feel to them. The Wicked Child is driving and like a continuous rhythm (which makes it upbeat), but the chord changes and harmonies give it movement. Plus those cymbal crashes/rolls...! The other untitled one is similar that the drums make it upbeat (I only heard it once, can't wait until I can wrap my head around the rhythm), but I really love the vocal interplay in that one.

3) All the other information is very interesting (with the instruments).

4) I forget, was there a semi time frame for when the songs would see the light of day? I know 2013, but like...spring? Next Summer? Or was it never really said yet?
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

wilsmith wrote:
I might be wrong but I think the uploader might be Princesstripandfall cause she had the hook-up on the other Brewtones shows way back when... but I might be wrong about that. I am probably definitely wrong about that. I think it's an lcer though. I can't remember the other Lcer who was money on the vids from brewtones. There were always two posters that would come through.

'Twas not me, last DuPree I saw was Sucre in April.
The uploader has been at all the Brewtones shows I've been to though!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I was right! (About not being right) Confused

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
Also, does anyone recall all the songs that they've mentioned that they're tracking for LP4? I know there's:

Blue Fish
Wicked Child
Aristicats
No Name New Song

I feel like they've mentioned one or two more but I don't remember. Just with those three alone, I'm curious what this album will be like cause I've now heard three out of those four, Aristicats only being a demo at 2 and a half minutes, but I feel like this could be a fantastic album.

Side note: Lady Get Away, The Mainframe and Before really should see the light of day. Just saying. Also, My Cup of Tea could use it, too. I would love to see what they would do with them now, so many years later.

WHOA WHOA WHOA. Hold on. Aristicats? How long have I been gone? Tell me this isn't a joke.

If we ever get studio versions of "Lady Get Away" or (Lord help me) "Lady of the Wood" I will die happy.

http://inconnumag.com
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Several weeks now, hahaha. We speculated lady get away for a little bit, until garron posted a screen shot of it.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

marshkingsdaughter wrote:
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
Also, does anyone recall all the songs that they've mentioned that they're tracking for LP4? I know there's:

Blue Fish
Wicked Child
Aristicats
No Name New Song

I feel like they've mentioned one or two more but I don't remember. Just with those three alone, I'm curious what this album will be like cause I've now heard three out of those four, Aristicats only being a demo at 2 and a half minutes, but I feel like this could be a fantastic album.

Side note: Lady Get Away, The Mainframe and Before really should see the light of day. Just saying. Also, My Cup of Tea could use it, too. I would love to see what they would do with them now, so many years later.

WHOA WHOA WHOA. Hold on. Aristicats? How long have I been gone? Tell me this isn't a joke.

If we ever get studio versions of "Lady Get Away" or (Lord help me) "Lady of the Wood" I will die happy.

No joke at all. I almost peed my pants when Garron posted a screen shot of working on it. It was announced somewhere around a month ago. Maybe a little over. Yeah, I'm super stoked. Eisley said they really wanted to record it during the Combinations recording cycle but WB and Richard Gibbs didn't think it was radio friendly enough; surprise, surprise.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
tungsten
Sea Post King

In a more perfect world, 'Invasion', 'Go Away', 'Taking Control', 'Come Clean', and 'I Could be There for You' would have all been big hits on Adult Top 40 radio. Sad times. Perhaps in the '70s, when said format did not suck so.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

tungsten wrote:
In a more perfect world, 'Invasion', 'Go Away', 'Taking Control', 'Come Clean', and 'I Could be There for You' would have all been big hits on Adult Top 40 radio. Sad times. Perhaps in the '70s, when said format did not suck so.

They would've toured with fleetwood Mac too probably. -sigh-

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Gotta keep it real... Invasion is a deep album cut, but not a big radio hit for adult radio or pop. Maybe college radio, but even that for me was a stretch, cause the verse and bridges work, but the chorus was a curveball and didn't pay off as well as so many of their songs do.

It's a dark song, particularly in this day and age (or even against most post EP Eisley).

On the other hand Come Clean is one of their brighter arrangements, burdened by a very gutterable lyric. That lyrical revision was a good move.

This new album may very well take off where One Last Song lead us...from the sweet melodies, to the groove. Weston seems like he's going to be having a field day on this new record, and Garron playing with a bow, that's just plain classy.

Last edited by wilsmith on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mims
Golly, Poster

Ugh, I love the new songs so much already. Part of me wishes they wouldn't tease us with new songs because it makes me more impatient.
Joined: 03 Jun 2006 | Posts: 617 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

I really like the acoustic guitar and upright bass on Wicked Child. I hope it's not overly electrified on the album.
Lost at Forum

vivalaspopie wrote:
I really like the acoustic guitar and upright bass on Wicked Child. I hope it's not overly electrified on the album.

ahhh that would make me so happy though!

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

vivalaspopie wrote:

I agree, but Sherri already told me that it's full band. I am curious how different it will sound with the full band, however, I love it acoustic. It has a "Fleet Foxes" vibe to it. I can imagine those types of harmony in it, too. I think Eisley would thrive going that route, I won't lie.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>