Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

wilsmith wrote:
Truth be told, my ideal mix renders having to pay attention moot, like in Sunfeet or Marvelous Things. Love those two. Rhodes plus thick bass lines can work miracles atmospherically.

I get the feeling the "aquatic" vibe will permeate the record, lots of tremelo and vibrato, rolling bass lines, lots of ride. Some cello woud be a nice touch...

QFT. Rhodes and bass. Rhodes and bass.

And really, I'm just very excited for the so-called "aquatic" vibes, because that is definitely how I would describe the sound that initially got me hooked on Eisley. If we can get anything even vaguely resembling "Sea King," "Over the Mountains," or "Laugh It Off," I will be very, very happy.

bearvsbrittany wrote:
Wasn't there a rumor that "aristacats" was going to be on this album? Could "lost enemies" be "aristicats"? If I'm remembering correctly, one of the lyrics from "aristicats" mentions "lost enemies"...

I listened to the opening lines about 6 times in a row just now to see if Stacy sings "lost enemies," and I'm convinced.

Spontaneously drops dead at mention of the Baby.

http://inconnumag.com
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

so i have seen this picture twice now on my email blast and on the equal vision site.

anyone know of a bigger size?

it needs to be a facebook cover photo

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

I'm so excited for this! I just hope I actually have the money to buy it when it comes out. Confused
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I just had this feeling about Eisley last night, and I should have known it was this announcement. The world just feels so right when Eisley has an album coming out.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I was out in my front yard and a Brown Barn Owl took off out of the tree above me as I was knocking snow off of the Bushes. They were smushed under the weight of the 12.5 inches we got Sunday.

I thought of how I was knocking the snow off the Shrubbery, and got a kick out the Mermaid on the cover art, intentional or not, being a reference to Marvelous Things, the EP that really broke the band, which came out 10 years ago. Mr. Green

Last week I had a super surreal dream with Navy-Blueish-Green Horses with Orange-ish Yellow Vertical diamond stripes, not unlike Battle Cat

The lawn was dried out and yellow, with these strange trees that were straw colored, but blanched out, looking like they were paper mache, with roots that extended out of the ground beneath them like table legs, elevating the drunks so that the trees appeared Squid-like. It was a trippy dream. I woke up and thought about it, and realized the Eisley connection, sort of, as the horse were in the lawn, but not growing out of it. The fact that they were "Eisley-colored" (closer to the Valley colors I guess, sans the red) was what really tipped me off.

Another fun thought about the title is that Valleys are carved into the landscape by Currents. Water beats Rock?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Jared x
Lost at Forum

boone wrote:
Christian wrote:
Since it's only two months away, I think I might refrain from actually listening to any previews this time around. I thought about doing that last time, but then the wait became too long and I caved.

I didn't listen to anything from The Valley until my preorder came. Which was tough because it was, like, a week late.

Not even "Ambulance" or "The Valley"?! Shocked Or "Smarter"?

MacRVA
Sea Post King

So excited for Currents. Also really excited it'll be out before the tour. I wanna know the new songs before I hear em live.

I really hope this tour will be heavy on east coast dates. I wanna be at at least three shows.
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

MacRVA wrote:
So excited for Currents. Also really excited it'll be out before the tour. I wanna know the new songs before I hear em live.

I really hope this tour will be heavy on east coast dates. I wanna be at at least three shows.

Hoping they'll at least play DC and Richmond. Last tour I saw on the East Coast, I had to drive all the way up to Baltimore. Blech.

http://inconnumag.com
boone
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
I get the feeling the "aquatic" vibe will permeate the record, lots of tremelo and vibrato, rolling bass lines, lots of ride. Some cello woud be a nice touch...

And reverb. Chauntelle's guitar lately has been soaked.

Jared x wrote:
boone wrote:
Christian wrote:
Since it's only two months away, I think I might refrain from actually listening to any previews this time around. I thought about doing that last time, but then the wait became too long and I caved.

I didn't listen to anything from The Valley until my preorder came. Which was tough because it was, like, a week late.

Not even "Ambulance" or "The Valley"?! Shocked Or "Smarter"?

I'd heard "Ambulance" and "The Valley," but it was quite a while before, because I wasn't able to get the Fire Kites CD and never got around to buying it online. Somebody lent me the CD for a day or two, but I had forgotten when they sounded like. Other than that, I purposely avoided listening until I put the record on. I'm considering whether I should do that again or not.

MacRVA
Sea Post King

marshkingsdaughter wrote:
Hoping they'll at least play DC and Richmond. Last tour I saw on the East Coast, I had to drive all the way up to Baltimore. Blech.

Last tour I saw them in NYC and then Philly the next night. I can't ever just see Eisley once a tour, gotta hit at least two shows. I'm hoping they'll do NYC, Philly, DC, and maybe Carrboro NC. Those are pretty easy via bus so I could hit them all in a row. A Richmond date would be amazing since that's where I live but I don't think Eisley has played Richmond since I've been listening to them.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

now... it's time for us to wait for previews, hahaha

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
MacRVA
Sea Post King

The Man In The Moon wrote:
now... it's time for us to wait for previews, hahaha

I'm with Boone and Christian, I think I might not listen to any previews either. I feel like it'll just drive me crazy not having the full album yet haha.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Obligatory Live Clips from Brewtones repost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot0KjjZ5Nlc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elkMjdwm_L8

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

i love those videos! but i wanna hear how they full sound completely produced.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
just_jennifer_
Sea Post King

I'm so stoked for this! The cover art is probably my favourite eisley cover, it's so detailed, I love sherri's artwork and all the colours Smile I really wish I could see eisley on this tour but I can't see them hitting europe anytime soon, let alone playing in Ireland. Oh well!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>