Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
Author Message
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum


i hope they make a video or two to preview some songs
_________________
Oneironaut

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Joined: 06 Sep 2008 | Posts: 1156 | Location: Nashville
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster


eisleyfan14203 wrote:
I tweeted at Sherri, asking when LP4 would be out and she kindly and promptly responded that it would be out early next year so we should expect it then? I'd say feb. march release. I am SO excited!


haha I feel like eisley records ALWAYS get pushed back, so I think it's safter to assume more along the lines of may/june. and if it comes out earlier, hey, great news for everyone!

re^: preview videos, we usually get some snippets so I think that'll happen! but not for two months or so.
Joined: 06 Apr 2007 | Posts: 803 | Location: wherever
View user's profile Send private message
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie


Pretty sure 3 of the 4 heaviest promoted EPs/ LPs have been released in February or March

Laughing City May 20th
Marvelous Things
Room Noises Feb 8th
Combinations August 7th?
The Valley March 1st
Deep Space Feb 14th

I would say the odds favor a very late Winter Release. Also, it would be right in line with a 2 year Album cycle and a spring Tour, which they are pretty consistent about doing lately.

_________________
yup, that's my name.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9610 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum


i like the way this drum beat is going

http://www.twitvid.com/4Q2HP

_________________
Oneironaut

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Joined: 06 Sep 2008 | Posts: 1156 | Location: Nashville
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie


One thing I think everyone will appreciate is now that there are no producers to reel him into more pedestrian territory, we are really gonna hear Weston get busy.

I distinctly remember reading a Trolleywood where Boyd mentions Weston being asked to dumb down his syncopation for a song when they were recording Room Noises. I can't remember which song though. Could it have been one that didn't make the album like Treetops?

_________________
yup, that's my name.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9610 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ync
Golly, Poster


wilsmith wrote:


I distinctly remember reading a Trolleywood where Boyd mentions Weston being asked to dumb down his syncopation for a song when they were recording Room Noises. I can't remember which song though. Could it have been one that didn't make the album like Treetops?


the song was "marvelous things" http://strangeyellowpatterns.com/medias/play/308-studio-clip-11?tmpl=c omponent

_________________
Saellys wrote:

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
Joined: 06 Jul 2007 | Posts: 742 | Location: boston
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie


wow, I would have never guessed... Thanks for digging that up!
_________________
yup, that's my name.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9610 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum


the room noises version of marvelous things isn't that right? it's just the marvelous ep version with a different vocal take, would i be correct?
_________________
Oneironaut

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Joined: 06 Sep 2008 | Posts: 1156 | Location: Nashville
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
norad
Vintage Newbie


The Man In The Moon wrote:
the room noises version of marvelous things isn't that right? it's just the marvelous ep version with a different vocal take, would i be correct?

I think so.
Joined: 12 Jun 2005 | Posts: 20735 | 
View user's profile Send private message
Mims
Golly, Poster


ync wrote:
wilsmith wrote:


I distinctly remember reading a Trolleywood where Boyd mentions Weston being asked to dumb down his syncopation for a song when they were recording Room Noises. I can't remember which song though. Could it have been one that didn't make the album like Treetops?


the song was "marvelous things" http://strangeyellowpatterns.com/medias/play/308-studio-clip-11?tmpl=c omponent


I never noticed how condescending he (the producer?) sounded in that video.
Joined: 03 Jun 2006 | Posts: 617 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida
View user's profile Send private message
norad
Vintage Newbie


Mims wrote:
ync wrote:
wilsmith wrote:

I distinctly remember reading a Trolleywood where Boyd mentions Weston being asked to dumb down his syncopation for a song when they were recording Room Noises. I can't remember which song though. Could it have been one that didn't make the album like Treetops?

the song was "marvelous things" http://strangeyellowpatterns.com/medias/play/308-studio-clip-11?tmpl=c omponent

I never noticed how condescending he (the producer?) sounded in that video.

Yeaaaaa. I don't find it as funny as I used to. Confused
Joined: 12 Jun 2005 | Posts: 20735 | 
View user's profile Send private message
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie


Yeah it was harsh, but am I wrong in saying boyd encouraged him a little bit "tell him it's the difference between gold and platinum..."

Hearing a little bit of that mix I could definitely tell that was done by Rob Schnapf. The mixing sounded like an Elliott Smith track in a good way, not expecting such a prominent lead, which really highlighted when a note just cuts off in the middle of a lead line (guessing it was a scratch take). I want to hear that version if they ever completed it. Shame all that happened that pulled Schnapf off the project.

_________________
yup, that's my name.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9610 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
norad
Vintage Newbie


wilsmith wrote:
Yeah it was harsh, but am I wrong in saying boyd encouraged him a little bit "tell him it's the difference between gold and platinum..."

That wasn't Boyd. Boyd is behind the camera and the voice didn't come from behind the camera. (I think)
Joined: 12 Jun 2005 | Posts: 20735 | 
View user's profile Send private message
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie


Heh, I was thinking it came from behind the camera but there was also the guy with the long dark hair parted down the middle, who might have been an engineer or something?
_________________
yup, that's my name.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9610 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie


norad wrote:
Mims wrote:
ync wrote:
wilsmith wrote:

I distinctly remember reading a Trolleywood where Boyd mentions Weston being asked to dumb down his syncopation for a song when they were recording Room Noises. I can't remember which song though. Could it have been one that didn't make the album like Treetops?

the song was "marvelous things" http://strangeyellowpatterns.com/medias/play/308-studio-clip-11?tmpl=c omponent

I never noticed how condescending he (the producer?) sounded in that video.

Yeaaaaa. I don't find it as funny as I used to. Confused


_________________

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic

Display posts from previous:   

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB, coffee, and Eisley fans worldwide.
phpBB is © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group