Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Oh my! Listening on my porch right now. I think save my soul is deff neutral milk hotel inspired. Fits in a bit with in an aeroplane concept.

Edit-

That bridge!!!

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

Right?! I'm through it now & listened to shelter 4 or 5 times before starting the whole thing. Save My Soul and Find Me Here (unexpectedly) are meh for me and The Night Comes is kind of baffling. It's got a weird invasive-listener vibe. Maybe in a good way, though? Overall I'm enamored!
Last edited by princesstripandfall on Thu May 23, 2013 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
boone
Vintage Newbie

Gotta admit I'm a little frustrated that my order hasn't shipped yet. I have a feeling that it's going to be another late arrival.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

wow, what a beautiful album! just got done listening and it's a lot to take in. it feels a little shorter than room noises despite the fact it's longer. shelter was definitely not what i expected at all. i think the only song i'm not completely sold on is wonder english. i'm gonna have to listen to this more, but i'm pretty sure this is my favorite eisley album.

drinkthewater
Sea Post King

boone wrote:
Gotta admit I'm a little frustrated that my order hasn't shipped yet. I have a feeling that it's going to be another late arrival.

Did you order the bundle? Cause those are shipping late. :\
boone
Vintage Newbie

drinkthewater wrote:
boone wrote:

No, I got the CD and the vinyl.

drinkthewater
Sea Post King

boone wrote:
drinkthewater wrote:
boone wrote:

No, I got the CD and the vinyl.

Ah, okay, I don't know then Sad
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

I got my preorder today as well!!

Question: Anyone who bought the vinyl, is the download *just* for Drink the Water? The card makes it seem like it's for the whole album???

Eitherway, I haven't listened yet, but I'm excited to start! I think someone should make a new thread for album reactions as they start to come in! (This one is good, but pretty long!)
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Mystic210 wrote:

Question: Anyone who bought the vinyl, is the download *just* for Drink the Water? The card makes it seem like it's for the whole album???

Eitherway, I haven't listened yet, but I'm excited to start! I think someone should make a new thread for album reactions as they start to come in! (This one is good, but pretty long!)

i have the same issue... i'm thinking it's like that because we got it before release date. regardless i think we're still getting a digital download from merchnow.

also, listening on earbuds now, i hear max's voice in the bridge of save of soul.

drinkthewater
Sea Post King

The Man In The Moon wrote:
Mystic210 wrote:

i have the same issue... i'm thinking it's like that because we got it before release date. regardless i think we're still getting a digital download from merchnow.

also, listening on earbuds now, i hear max's voice in the bridge of save of soul.

The download cards in the vinyl are supposed to be for the entire album in .wav files and then you're supposed to get the digital download on Tuesday from what the description says.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

drinkthewater wrote:
The Man In The Moon wrote:
Mystic210 wrote:

The download cards in the vinyl are supposed to be for the entire album in .wav files and then you're supposed to get the digital download on Tuesday from what the description says.

Yeah, Drink the Water is the only thing (in WAV) that's downloading. Oh well.

I'm on Find Me Here...So far, it's wonderful. I have to say my favorite collection of songs by them. I will comment a bit more when I'm done.

PS: Yes, I hear Max's voice as well. It fits for that song, I'm glad it blended well, I wasn't sure what to expect with the different styles of singing.
norad
Vintage Newbie

Listening to all of Millstone makes me super excited for Chauntelle's solo music.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

WAIT is that christie singing the bridge of wicked child? i forgot about the ft. merriment tag for a sec, and i couldn't figure if it was chauntelle or stacy singing.

oathmeal
Sea Post King

Haha. I'm definitely jealous now that everyone is getting their copies.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Just one listen through and oh my gosh, what an amazing record! I can't wait to get the mp3s so I can listen in my car.

Each song has so many layers and parts, but somehow they fit. It's not "messy" at all...I love that it's not monotonous and they do some very interesting things musically. Lyrically, it's not exactly straight forward, yet I find the most songs that I can relate to...I love how (I'm assuming Sherri's) lyrics always paint a story: For much of the record with the musical movements and lyrics combined, I felt like I was listening to a soundtrack/musical...or a music filled audio book! Wink

Even though my first love was their dream-pop era, this may be my favorite Eisley collection. There's only one song that I would even think about skipping (Real World), and it is still good. Great job producing/recording/mixing as well. I like how this record sounds.

Quick comments on a few songs. I'll try not to ruin any surprises, but musical "spoilers" my ensue!

Blue Fish - I love the description princesstripandfall used of a "rollercoaster vocal party" That surprised me as well.

Millstone -- I felt like saying "I hear ya, girl!" (in other words, love the relate-able lyrics). And gosh, I really do love Chauntelle's voice. Even if there was no shyness about her singing, I would say that.

Wicked Child -- Eisley's version of Dante's Inferno??? Ha, seriously though, I wasn't sure how it would turn out based on the clips, but once you start at the beginning, the competing layers just...work! I love it. I was singing along by the end.

Find Me Here--it got intense towards the end!

Wonder English -- I like the lyrics and the bridge is awesome.

Lost Enemies -- I'm glad they officially recorded this one. It's interesting. This doesn't seem to be the only one that seems faith-based.

The Night Comes -- I just wrote down "DRAMATIC" Laughing

Shelter -- Great closer.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>