Laughing City
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/09/red-velvet-lookboo k-video-autumn-2011.html

This makes me really happy and excited to hear the rest of her stuff for her solo album. I was lucky enough to go to Jeremy Larson's album release show and hear Stacy perform her solo stuff and what I've heard has blown me away. My brother was in utter amazement, too. It's gonna be so good.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

It's very She & Him, but I like it a lot.
Laughing Citizen

oh wow.
Amazing song.

Where do I download?
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

"Music by Jeremy Larson with guest vocal by Stacy Dupree-King."

It's not from her solo project. That's probably a good thing because I'm not a fan of the vocal doubling. I understand the sound they were going for in this instance with the quirky Old Navy feel, but I hope he doesn't make the rest of her songs (which were kind of Björkish at the Gillioz show and would be best served by leaving Stacy's voice relatively untouched) sound like this.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
juan_diego
Sea Post King

olimario wrote:
oh wow.
Amazing song.

Where do I download?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Love it!

sebas
Golly, Poster

I don't dislike it, but with Saelly's Old Navy comment in mind, I don't think I'd give it a second thought if I ever heard it unless I knew it was Stacy singing.

-Mahatma, Gandhi
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:

It's not from her solo project. That's probably a good thing because I'm not a fan of the vocal doubling. I understand the sound they were going for in this instance with the quirky Old Navy feel, but I hope he doesn't make the rest of her songs (which were kind of Björkish at the Gillioz show and would be best served by leaving Stacy's voice relatively untouched) sound like this.

I know it's not from her solo project. It just makes me excited for it. That's all I'm saying. I like it a lot, but it's personal opinion. I just think it's fun.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:

dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
Saellys wrote:

I know it's not from her solo project. It just makes me excited for it. That's all I'm saying. I like it a lot, but it's personal opinion. I just think it's fun.

Sorry, I didn't intend that to come off as trying to smack anybody down for thinking it was from Stacy's solo project, or for being excited about it. I think the song is fun and cute too. Smile

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Sorry, I didn't intend that to come off as trying to smack anybody down for thinking it was from Stacy's solo project, or for being excited about it. I think the song is fun and cute too. Smile

Oh, it's cool. I don't think it reflects anything we heard from the show and doesn't indicate what's to come, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it was a track on her album. Wasn't it "When We Were Young" that had a 70's vibe to it? I am really excited to hear the album version. Also, "Hiding Out" was so good with the harmonies. Okay, the entire setlist was great. The dvd of that show is coming out this fall. SO EXCITED!

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I just think it's incredible that sans major label etc. They got such a great vintage sound that sounds polished and professional. They are going to deliver a great production regardless of genre. But that sounds like a 45 waiting to happen Very Happy

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Cute video. They should make the song available. I wonder if there's a full song though.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
I just think it's incredible that sans major label etc. They got such a great vintage sound that sounds polished and professional. They are going to deliver a great production regardless of genre. But that sounds like a 45 waiting to happen Very Happy

Jeremy is a top-notch producer--I like what he does for other bands even more than his own work. He did an EP for my friend Autumn and her brother and it sounds as good as any major label producer's work.

Smokemonster
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Saellys wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Oh, it's cool. I don't think it reflects anything we heard from the show and doesn't indicate what's to come, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it was a track on her album. Wasn't it "When We Were Young" that had a 70's vibe to it? I am really excited to hear the album version. Also, "Hiding Out" was so good with the harmonies. Okay, the entire setlist was great. The dvd of that show is coming out this fall. SO EXCITED!

ugh, i wanna hear now!

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
superhits
Sea Post King

Reminds me of The Like's last effort.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

The Man In The Moon wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Saellys wrote:

ugh, i wanna hear now!

It'll be worth the wait. The dvd, but also her album from what we heard from the show.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote: