Laughing City
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

I figure I will start a new topic since the other one seems to be about the album it's self.

anyway I view my live receipt today and get this

now the vinyl wont ship till may 11th?

for those that didnt read my other post, CS said i wont get my cd till it ships with the vinyl stuff.

that's a long wait for a pre order.

should i call again them again and voice my disatisfaction at this?

you can also see my two download links below incase anyone wondered how that worked

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Yes: you should call. The customer is always right. Worst case scenario dispute it w/ your charge card etc. Company.

You should be able to have separate orders fulfilled separately. Their refusal to do so is unethical business practices. For a limeted edition custom item to be delayed is one thing, but to delay the shipping of other items not included in said package is poor form.

You should be able to have that order shipped, or cancel either or both orders, and place new ones in accordance with the new ship dates given the delay. Most reputable vendors notify the customer in the event of a delay and if it is abnormally long they will ask if the customer wants to continue to wait on the item or cancel? I've been on both sides of the ordering, dealing with vendors in music retail & mail ordering back order & special ordering things for 22 years ( 38" inseam, size 16 shoe, 39" sleeve, xxlxt 247365 kinda sucks ) & I've had to rely on/ fight for such courtesies cause a lot of business will take what ever you're willing to surrender. You have to assert your rights as a consumer. If you were to place an order for the cd now rather than preorder I'm assuming that, if on hand, it would ship sooner than the 11th. I would cancel my preorder & reorder the cd. If they refused to ship the original, that's the way i'd approach it.

If I were done like you were, i'd cancel the whole order (or refute the charge with my cc) and place seperate orders for the standalone vinyl & cd cause that's what you wanted from jumpstreet but were never given the option plus you were one of the folks who was overcharged shipping on the cd right? Yeah, I used to be passive about that stuff, then I worked customer service for a few catalog companies & Comcast & realized just how much they prosper off the meekness of people who give them the benefot of the doubt. Screw That! Take the to task!

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

yeah i sent a scathing email to CS, which marks 7 emails exchanged now according to gmail.

i did ask for the cd to be shipped. I did tell them I was upset. So we will see what happens.

Yes, I didn't think about refuting the charge with my CC. It might come to that based on their reply.

I was nice in my email and explained I was not upset of the situation out of thier control (the vinyl delay) but at the unwillingness to ship my cd.
i suggested escalating this to a manager. and i said that I hope I never have to do business with them in the future.
as this is not a case of, go get it elsewhere. this was my only option on how to purchase.

i am not ticked off or anything. i just think it's bull that i had to waste my time dealing with this.

i know they wont let me cancel as i asked that in the begining.
i just have never had this many problems with an online retailer before.

any other preorder people having problems?

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Now that they are touring, I'm hoping they will have cds on the road (I'm presuming yes) and I'm willing to bet they will sell them on the Eisley tour just as they did preorders on this last run.

Also, you'll have better luck getting the equivalent of a manager via phone, vs. email. Also, given the change in circumstances, it's won't hurt to again ask for the order to be cancelled given all the customer service shortcomings you've had to endure.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Mims
Golly, Poster

I finally got the download code.
Joined: 03 Jun 2006 | Posts: 617 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Still no download code but they did respond to my response with "My apologies for the delay here in response. The download was not delivered until the release of the album. You should have everything by now. We couldn't send it out before the release but hopefully you have it now!!"
I wasn't expecting it before the release. I wanted it on release day.

"Just to be safe, please keep this to yourself, but here is a private download link just for yourself to grab the record.
Album Download - http://xxx/xxx(pass: xxxxxxxx)"
Too late. My snail mail beat-up cd finally arrived.

"The vinyl is officially done on May 11th and should be able to ship on May 12th!!! It looks beautiful and we hope you enjoy it all!"
I didn't order the vinyl. I Don't know if that's a mistake or it's just a generic email they send out.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^I got that email to, and went ahead and let them know I appreciated the effort but the DL was unnecessary, since I too received my cd. I let them know about the Deluxe order+cd shenanigans Topspin is pulling though.

The business side of the music business is the worst.

Mims
Golly, Poster

Nowhere Man wrote:
Still no download code but they did respond to my response with "My apologies for the delay here in response. The download was not delivered until the release of the album. You should have everything by now. We couldn't send it out before the release but hopefully you have it now!!"
I wasn't expecting it before the release. I wanted it on release day.

"Just to be safe, please keep this to yourself, but here is a private download link just for yourself to grab the record.
Album Download - http://xxx/xxx(pass: xxxxxxxx)"
Too late. My snail mail beat-up cd finally arrived.

"The vinyl is officially done on May 11th and should be able to ship on May 12th!!! It looks beautiful and we hope you enjoy it all!"
I didn't order the vinyl. I Don't know if that's a mistake or it's just a generic email they send out.

Yeah, that's the download code I got. I just assumed it was as official as I was going to get. This pre-order is the worst I have seen.
Joined: 03 Jun 2006 | Posts: 617 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

I got that, too. I DL'd it anyway. They are AAC files?
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
^I got that email to, and went ahead and let them know I appreciated the effort but the DL was unnecessary, since I too received my cd. I let them know about the Deluxe order+cd shenanigans Topspin is pulling though.

The business side of the music business is the worst.

i got that email too (from info@sucremusic.com, which was suggested to me by jeremy).

once i explained what my situation actually was they said "hmm I didn't know that. I will check on monday."

so hopefully I will get somewhere now.

wilsmith wrote: