Laughing City
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

When I saw the free Flaming Lips/Midlake show there, I was told about Babe's in Sanger. We really enjoyed it.

I visited a bookstore in downtown Denton that had vinyl.

Never been to a Five Guys, but just read that one will open in Longview.

Apparently there was a Flaming Lips/St. Vincent show somewhere around there recently. I would have liked to have seen that if I had known ahead of time.

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

bigideas wrote:
Apparently there was a Flaming Lips/St. Vincent show somewhere around there recently. I would have liked to have seen that if I had known ahead of time.

That was in fair park, in Dallas, last Friday (didn't make it)
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

JBaker wrote:
Why would you stay in Denton for a few days?
Don't you live in Plano? It's 20 minutes away. You can just go there for several days consecutively.

But seriously, Denton is not a cool place. It has a few bars that are really cheap, but it's not a place to go vacation at.

I don't drive. Basically i have been ridding my bike to the train station and then ridding my bike around Denton. I found the Cupboard Natural Food store i found Bulls Eye Bike Shop, Jupiter coffee shop, the comic book store, Recycled Book Store. In Plano i have to explain things like who is Rilo Kyle, Elliott Smith,Nobody knows about Fleet Foxes and in Denton people know what bands i like so i think if i go there i could find some local bands that i would like. Cause i like the popular indies but the underground is where it's at. It reminds me of everything i like in my old town in Riverside Jacksonville and it seems to have none of what i don't like about it. I like art, music, and theater. If it has those things then it's not a dump it's some place that i can have fun.

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

SamuraiPunk wrote:
JBaker wrote:
Why would you stay in Denton for a few days?
Don't you live in Plano? It's 20 minutes away. You can just go there for several days consecutively.

But seriously, Denton is not a cool place. It has a few bars that are really cheap, but it's not a place to go vacation at.

I don't drive. Basically i have been ridding my bike to the train station and then ridding my bike around Denton. I found the Cupboard Natural Food store i found Bulls Eye Bike Shop, Jupiter coffee shop, the comic book store, Recycled Book Store. In Plano i have to explain things like who is Rilo Kyle, Elliott Smith,Nobody knows about Fleet Foxes and in Denton people know what bands i like so i think if i go there i could find some local bands that i would like. Cause i like the popular indies but the underground is where it's at. It reminds me of everything i like in my old town in Riverside Jacksonville and it seems to have none of what i don't like about it. I like art, music, and theater. If it has those things then it's not a dump it's some place that i can have fun.

How does that work? Do you have to go into Dallas from Plano on red line and then all the way back out on green to pick up the A-train in Carolton? (and if so, I'd imagine you could fly to Aruba or somewhere in less time.)
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

I have a nice road bike. I've taken the Redline,then the BlueLine and ATrain but with my phone i can find Trinity Mills and take the train. I ride my bike to Campbell in Richardson the i take Campbell all the way to Carrollton It's a long bike ride and i get to get a tan. I take the ATrain to Denton and i just ride around and look at things. It's a nicer music culture then Deep Ellum.
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

The first night is the most important cause when i am done seeing Eisley i may not be about to take the train home. I don't want to be stuck in a strange town over night.
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Forget the music scene; all of that pales into irrelevance in the face of this new and irrefutable evidence that Denton has truly arrived! Doubters, bathe in your shame.

Get your Denton Eisley show tickets now before the inevitable price run-up. As for me, I'm off to look at some real estate yonder up I35...
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Laughing She is very good at conveying insanity.

Well, I think Denton, TX has just cast Kristen Wiigs SNL replacement. Well done.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

I'm so excited about going out there. Can't wait to see Eisley.
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

I've got three night planed in Denton. I'm trying to find out how to get there on my Bicycle from the A-Train station. This Tuesday i'm going try to scout out Denton to plan my bike ride. I found Texas Women's University.
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

you do like to plan ahead, don't you?
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

If it's away from home yes. and i do plan my days out.
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

Seriously dude, it's 20 miles down the road. I wouldn't call that away from home.
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

JBaker wrote:
Seriously dude, it's 20 miles down the road. I wouldn't call that away from home.

I don't drive.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

At one point, it looked like I was going to make it to like four shows on this tour. Sigh. Neutral At least the Denton one is still holding, and I'll even have company for this one. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>