Laughing City
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

I hope they know a good babysitter. Razz
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I was thinking that if they handle maternity leave the same way my job does the soonest they toor will be nearabouts when the kiddos can crawl? So late next summer. Then it hit me... they can have even more kids if they want to! Shocked Embarassed Laughing

This could be the first of many stork runs. In multiples of 4 (for now, potentially 7 before long) we'll be talking about the Polyphonic Duprees! Razz

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
norad
Vintage Newbie

freakinalex wrote:
I hope they know a good babysitter. Razz

I think they are bringing the babies with them.

Chauntelle wrote:
Last @eisleyofficial tour of this year until babies are here! 2013 we'll release LP4 and hit the road again, babies and all!

http://instagram.com/p/NR20MoQbTX/
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

They already do family tours.
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

Touring with four babies? Looking forward to those pictures. I'm not sure they're prepared for how many extra trailers that is going to require. My sister has one baby and the house is more occupied with car seats, play seats, high chairs, bassinets, cribs, changing tables, play mats, pack and plays, walkers, strollers, and toys than anything she personally owns. Plus that's like 100 dirty baby diapers every day and no portable washing machine... so smelly.

Scratch pictures. I want an entire blog dedicated to touring with 4 babies.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

hisownshot wrote:
Touring with four babies? Looking forward to those pictures. I'm not sure they're prepared for how many extra trailers that is going to require. My sister has one baby and the house is more occupied with car seats, play seats, high chairs, bassinets, cribs, changing tables, play mats, pack and plays, walkers, strollers, and toys than anything she personally owns. Plus that's like 100 dirty baby diapers every day and no portable washing machine... so smelly.

Scratch pictures. I want an entire blog dedicated to touring with 4 babies.

Yeah, that seems really unrealistic, to be honest. Are they going to have several buses or something? Traveling from point A to B with little ones is difficult enough, but from point A to Z, and everything in-between?? Hopefully they have a back-up plan.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

If I had to field a guess, to make logistics work the next tour would need to be a 4 band bill with Merriment, Eisley, Mutemath, and Say Anything. As far as who played when, my money would be on Mutemath closing the show, but I could Say anything taking home the honors too. As far as flow from act to act, my first list would be a good flow.

I think the combined resources of the Hubby acts, and the potential collective childcare needs for their band mates could possibly justify and bankroll a separate Nursery Winnebago.

We'll see, it's a long way off, of that I'm sure. I'd like to see another EP (with exclusive tracks independent of any other release) come out in that time so they can tour in support of the Album when it comes out, but not go so long without releasing something new.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Made me think of this blog I used to read: http://tourtot.wordpress.com/

Jen,n who's married to Ace Enders (The Early November) toured with him while he did his side projects - pregnant an all, then after the babe was just born. Pretty cool blog! Shows the daily struggles of having a baby on tour with you but how it always pays off.

I think if the girls bring the babies on tour with them they'll figure out a good routine, and it'll be worth it in the end.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

...But it's not just one baby, with a bunch of free hands and space. It's going to be four. Wasn't their last tour in a van?

I work with young kids, but also babies of varying ages for a few hours each day, and they're a lot to deal with from room to room, without any other obligations. And when they get big enough to sit up and/or crawl, they're probably not going to tolerate being cradled, or left in a baby seat, or bouncer, or swing if there's space, for too long. And I can only assume the babies will be fed as nature intended, which will probably be an added hassle when factoring in travel and touring duties. It's also going to expose the infants to more germs, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but sick babies are obviously a bit harder to care for.

Just seems like a lot.

And I assume spouses will be accompanying them, which is why I mentioned there being several busses. Having that space would obviously be tremendously helpful, but I assume for that to happen, they'd need to all tour together, which I guess could happen, but who knows. I can't forsee it working with just Eisley, Merriment, and spouses, and that trailer thing though.

And I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I just wonder if they've thought this through.

I'm personally not counting on them hitting the road in any meaningful way too soon, to be honest.

But, we'll see, I suppose.

Last edited by tahruh on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Seems to me they've been pretty well orchestrated in their moves as a unit & coordinated since 2010 or so, from touring, label moves, release scheduling. Maybe it's all coinkidink & happenstance but things have worked pretty smoothly for the fantastic foursome (5some counting Sucre, 6some counting Marksmen this last year or so) re: maintaining and furthering their careers.

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Lots of variables with multiple babies though. Wink

Somedays my little cling-on and potential son of T.I., Christian, is an absolute angel, and I'm certain could accompany me absolutely anywhere, and somedays he's whiney and prone to beating up the other kids because he's possessive of me, and I think thinks he's been hired as my body guard. Every day, though, putting him down unless he's ready or being replaced with "Bb (he's 1.3)," results in a borderline insane tantrum.

And then there's Gianna, a.k.a. "Bb," who is 5 months old, and can't sit up yet, but wants to be held in every position except cradled, pretty much all of the time, including standing so she can dance around a little. And sometimes she will simply not tolerate you sitting down with her, so you have to stand. This once went on for close to 3 hours. And she didn't want anyone else to handle her but me. She felt like a 10 year old after 45 minutes.

It's very easy to romanticize these little beings, and working with them personally hasn't turned me off of wanting a couple of them, but I'm definitely going to take every precaution to be completely ready.

Needless to say, I want to get a good deal of traveling out of the way first, just in case.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Gianna = Bb aka B-flat? There's a story with that one eh?

Been taking care of infants since i was 12 thanks to my sisters, longest gap being the generation hop from youngest sister's last child to eldest neice's 1st 2000-2008. Reminds me, i should post some of the new pics of em'...

Anyways, by my best estimation, most bands actually work aout 4 hours a day on a good day inclusive of press, if they have a manager and "roadies", drive and sleep the rest. And bands don't often share the stage and soundcheck so those 2.5 hours there's a parent available between the two if said bands are touring together for said child.

todd tours with them (quasi road manager now if i remember right), jessica isn't in a band, and i'm thinking a cousin or two still rolls out with them. But mainly i'm thinking between 11 related adults as performers in the 4 bands juggling 4 kiddos isn't impossible. Nor is bringing along more fam to help. But it's a reach, i won't deny that. Thing is, if they wait till the kiddos are past teething & near walking, they could possibly have them locked into a routine where they are asleep by showtime. Wink

hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

That is just soooo many people on tour. Meaning sooo many buses, vans, trailers, and probably more nights spent in hotels and doing laundry than normal. Sounds like an expensive and extra exhausting tour to me.

All I'm sayin' is that I would understand if Eisley took a year (or more) off from doing any real touring. If there is anything I've learned from being an auntie, a camp counselor, and a teacher, it is that nothing with children can ever be "well orchestrated". Except my orchestra students, of course :]

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Lol, no story. He's 1 and says "b-b" instead of "baby." He understands she needs to be held and fed, so chooses not to beat her up. Everyone else is subject to his adorable rage though.

Speaking of pictures, while I probably shouldn't post this, he has totally become the light of my work life.

He looks nothin' like his daddy. I'm just saying. Laughing

Anyway, I obviously agree with Hisownshot (Carrie, I think?) here, but like I said, only time will tell. I actually do look forward to the pictures, whether they're from tours or home. They're definitely gonna be cute little b-bs. Very Happy

vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

tldr to all of the above but just came to say LOL to the picture sherri tweeted today trying to look pregnant. such a skinny!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>