Laughing City
tata1987
Sea Post King

Not sure whether it is suitable to post my question here...

I bought Room Noises from online shop (like ebay in your place) several days before. But when I started listening to it yesterday, I found 3 typo in the lyrics of Memories...

"How small seeds gracefully do grow": do should be to
"With their beautiful names and beautiful sounds": beautiful should be musical

Shopkeeper says that it is 100% legitimate USA version, but I'm stilling doubting...

I don't have any idea about what a legitimate USA version CD should be. Can some one tell me whether the lyric problem really exists or tell me how to distinguish whether the CD is legitimate?
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Some of the songs lyrics are posted on this site on this thread in Eisley 101 http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=13817

They come directly from the band. I would have to look at my copy of the cd to verify the lyrics being printed correctly but since Boyd Dupree does their artwork (their father) I would imagine he would also have a hand in the lyrics being printed in the artwork and be able to make sure they were correct, same as was done with this site.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
tata1987
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
Some of the songs lyrics are posted on this site on this thread in Eisley 101 http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=13817

They come directly from the band. I would have to look at my copy of the cd to verify the lyrics being printed correctly but since Boyd Dupree does their artwork (their father) I would imagine he would also have a hand in the lyrics being printed in the artwork and be able to make sure they were correct, same as was done with this site.

The lyrics from the link you posted is also a little bit different from mine.
Just want to figure this out...

Anyway, thank you very much for your help!
^_^
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I am going to take pictures of my cd and art, which is the domestic US Cd release, and you can compare yours to that. I can only assume there were international versions released, but I doubt that there were changes made to the liner notes.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

The lyric actually is "Small seeds gracefully do grow."
The beautiful is probably just a typo.
I doubt you got some bootlegged version.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

So here's a very unprofessional nonchalant scan of my cd, which, after all these years I'd forgotten was a BMG Music Club edition. Just means it didn't have the conventional bar code is all.

The lyrics as printed in the liner are:

He was throwing grain to the ground below, ground below
with dreary circles of his arm going slow, very slow
his cap pulled down 'round his ears
to hide the smile and watery tears
My loving wife is so wonderful
How small seeds gracefully do grow
into beautiful things that spring from these rows
with their beautiful names and beautiful sounds
dreary birds parade across the dreary sky but down below
the woman absentmindedly begins to sow
how she sows her seeds her husband loved so much
bu he's no longer here with us
but her life is so beautiful
as memories continue to grow
into beautiful things that spring from these rows
with their beautiful names and beautiful sounds
distant though I am
orange gold and green
firing flaming colors surround me
i'm always wondering where you are
darling shouldn't i be the one wondering
after all i'm the one who is gone
darling shouldn't i be the one wondering
after all i'm the one who is gone
who is gone

So, since those are the lyrics that were turned in to Reprise for Printing with the release, so I'm wondering if they changed the lyrics from the Marvelous Things EP to this one, because I agree with you that it sounds like she sings "To" but you can hear the "Duh" that makes it "Do" if you listen close, and she definitely sings "Musical" not beautiful. I checked the Marvelous Things EP version and "Do" is more pronounced, and "Musical" replaces beautiful, so it was an out and out oversight.

Your version is legit. Congratulations Very Happy

norad
Vintage Newbie

Will...everything you needed was on www.strangeyellowpatterns.com already. Wink
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I know, but it's blocked at my job. Our filters block, saying it's likely to install malware on your machine Confused

So I didn't have that at my disposal initially.

Then when I got home that was the first place I looked, but under album covers I didn't find any pics of the inner sleeve so tata1987 could compare. So rather than search I just got uncharacteristically 20th century and scanned my stuff and typed the lyrics to be definitive.

Otherwise I'd've hotlinked the crap out of those pictures from somewhere, if only to get screaming sherried Laughing and pasted the url to the #1 eisley fansite in the known universe so tata1987 could surf on over and check it out.

Better? Razz

BTW, what took you so long??? You're slacking Norad.

norad
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
Then when I got home that was the first place I looked, but under album covers I didn't find any pics of the inner sleeve so tata1987 could compare. So rather than search I just got uncharacteristically 20th century and scanned my stuff and typed the lyrics to be definitive.

BTW, what took you so long??? You're slacking Norad.

It's actually the vinyl instert but I don't think it's too different from the CD.

Aaand, I'd say playing Mass Effect has taking up my time.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

For some reason, it seems like Eisley fans should be all over Bioshock as far as games go, but maybe the new one isn't out yet? Cool

and I figured the Vinyl insert was close, but if I was trying to sniff out if my cd was bootleggedy I'd want to see another legit cd. Buuuuuttt I will concede that sometimes the BMG and Columbia House cds in the 90s weren't exactly carbon copies of the actual releases for a while. Not until they started shipping out the overstocks from the distributors. Before then, you were NEVER going to get a Digipak release, 100% jewel cases or bust, with the occasional low res scan of the liner notes, or lackluster paint job on the disc. But by the time Room Noises hit the Product was legit.

norad
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
For some reason, it seems like Eisley fans should be all over Bioshock as far as games go, but maybe the new one isn't out yet? Cool

It is but I only played about 2 hours worth. I just really, really like playing Mass Effect.
tata1987
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:

So, since those are the lyrics that were turned in to Reprise for Printing with the release, so I'm wondering if they changed the lyrics from the Marvelous Things EP to this one, because I agree with you that it sounds like she sings "To" but you can hear the "Duh" that makes it "Do" if you listen close, and she definitely sings "Musical" not beautiful. I checked the Marvelous Things EP version and "Do" is more pronounced, and "Musical" replaces beautiful, so it was an out and out oversight.

Your version is legit. Congratulations Very Happy

Oh thank you very much!
You're soooo nice! >.<
I can rest my heart now. Very Happy