Laughing City
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

It's so different for them now, but I will NEVER get tired of or stop wanting a good studio release for Blackened Crown. It needs to make a live comeback ...

And since you mentioned Lady of the Wood, both versions of it need to surface officially, too.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:

And since you mentioned Lady of the Wood, both versions of it need to surface officially, too.

Are you saying it has been recorded in studio twice during studio sessions for two different albums?

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

bigideas wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

Are you saying it has been recorded in studio twice during studio sessions for two different albums?

It has been recorded for one album, and I am unsure if the rough mix of one version was leaked or not. I am going to hold off saying anything else. Laughing

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

TheAntrider wrote:
bigideas wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

It has been recorded for one album, and I am unsure if the rough mix of one version was leaked or not. I am going to hold off saying anything else. Laughing

WHAAAAAAAT??? this is news to me.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
fragileaswelie
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
It's so different for them now, but I will NEVER get tired of or stop wanting a good studio release for Blackened Crown. It needs to make a live comeback ...

I agree! I've been jamming to Blackened Crown a lot lately.

Back in the day Eisley commented on my myspace with the following:
'Somebody is sure you love
"the cat's pajama's".

thanks for everything no
matter what that means Smile'

@fragileaswelie
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

fragileaswelie wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

I agree! I've been jamming to Blackened Crown a lot lately.

that and dream for me have been on my playlists. i feel like they could really rework those two songs. in one of the pre-pro videos boyd did for room noises, isn't someone playing the riff to dream for me?

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Speaking of redoing old songs, why did I miss that they had a studio release of "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea"?!? (It was with the kickstarted campaign...and now on SYP).

I remember someone mentioned that being a download maybe...? But I just assumed it was the radio show one.

It's cool they redid it...but I really like the 2007 radio show version! It sounded *really* good, rich, and vocally they were on point.

I'd love to see them redo old songs...but I wonder if fans would be open to hearing new versions! Even when it comes to hearing songs being debuted live before hearing the actual recording, it's funny, but it's the natural inclination of people to like the original/first heard version better...even poor quality live versions.

(That question just popped in my head, as I kinda just did it with this 2013 version of their cover!)

That being said, if I had to pick one, I'd love to hear Blacken Crown rerecorded (though I consider the one live version that's available---it's just guitar and Rhodes---an updated version).