Laughing City
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

So I had a couple of new friends I made an Eisley mix CD for, in hopes of winning them over. This is the annotated track list I made for them. I gave up on having everything in the right place/sequence and I forget several tracks I love ... which is fine, since they should be buying this stuff anyway. Smile

(And yeah, I'm sure I got several years wrong ... I didn't care enough to check.)

1) I Wasn’t Prepared – From Laughing City 2003. Great Stacy/Sherri vocal play with beautiful imagery.

2) Mr. Pine (Live) – Never released from the studio beyond an ancient demo. It’s a crime. Classic super old school. 2002-ish.

3) Tree Tops – From Laughing City EP, 2003. This was the song that sold me on Eisley.

4) Marvelous Things – From the Marvelous Things EP and their first album, Room Noises. Their first major label single.

5) Over the Mountains – Laughing City EP rework of 2002 demo. One of my favorite songs ever.

6) Memories – Another beautiful stunner with Stacy and Sherri singing characters. 2003.

7) Brightly Wound – Imaginative dual vocal play. Yes, they’re singing about a dragon.

8 ) One Day I Slowly Floated Away – So out there it’s hard to know what it means. And who cares? It’s just good.

9) Laughing City – Another beautiful vocal display.

10) Head Against the Sky – Super old school Eisley. Rerecorded in 2005 or so. Rocker. Amazing live.

11) Sun Feet – Candidate for my favorite song ever. 2002-2003 song recorded around 2004.

12) Just Like We Do – Stacy and an acoustic guitar … Can’t go wrong.

13) Many Funerals – Mid-era rocker.

14) Plenty of Paper – Uptempo and full of great imagery. 2004 Room Nosies staple.

15) Millstone – Chauntelle doesn’t get the spotlight often, but this shows why she deserves it. 2013.

16) Better Love – Valley-era rocker. I probably should have put Sad here, but you should just look it up. Smile

17) Ambulance – Stunner. Stacy’s voice is perfect. Think this was from 2009 or 2010.

18 ) Mr. Moon – 2009-ish throwback to the old days.

19) Vintage People – 2004-2005 era demo. Classic Eisley.

20) Lost Enemies – Stacy’s quirky side. Reworking of a classic leaked demo. I think I like this better. 2013.

21) Blackened Crown – 2001-2002 demo. If you ever go to a show and they ever dig this one out again, every old Eisley fan in the building will lose it. How could kids write such a good song? Stacy was like freaking 10.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Mr. Green

I'll take Better Love over Sad... both are good, but Better Love has an uplifting chorus. Good mix, and the beauty of it is it could have gone a completely different direction and still been wonderful.

Tree Tops was the deal maker for me too (and the Laughing City version of Telescope Eyes). I pretty much agree with all your sentiments but especially these:

3) Tree Tops – From Laughing City EP, 2003. This was the song that sold me on Eisley.

4) Marvelous Things – From the Marvelous Things EP and their first album, Room Noises. Their first major label single.

5) Over the Mountains – Laughing City EP rework of 2002 demo. One of my favorite songs ever.

6) Memories – Another beautiful stunner with Stacy and Sherri singing characters. 2003.

8 ) One Day I Slowly Floated Away – So out there it’s hard to know what it means. And who cares? It’s just good.

9) Laughing City – Another beautiful vocal display.

10) Head Against the Sky – Super old school Eisley. Rerecorded in 2005 or so. Rocker. Amazing live.

11) Sun Feet – Candidate for my favorite song ever. 2002-2003 song recorded around 2004.

12) Just Like We Do – Stacy and an acoustic guitar … Can’t go wrong.

13) Many Funerals – Mid-era rocker.

15) Millstone – Chauntelle doesn’t get the spotlight often, but this shows why she deserves it. 2013.

16) Better Love – Valley-era rocker. I probably should have put Sad here, but you should just look it up. Smile

17) Ambulance – Stunner. Stacy’s voice is perfect. Think this was from 2009 or 2010.

18 ) Mr. Moon – 2009-ish throwback to the old days.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Adam the Human
Sea Post King

Pretty good list except not including ICBTFY is like making a list of the all-time great Yankees for a non-baseball fan, and leaving out Babe Ruth...but at least you got Gehrig, Dimaggio, Mantle, Jeter, etc...
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

some of the christmas songs would be nice. SPEAKING OF WHICH, there seems to be no hint of those this year =(. but i get it, everyone's busy.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Congratulations
Sea Post King

I think this is a great list! I'd definitely include Brightly Wound, Treetops, and Head Against the Sky. Hearing HATS live at the Satellite Ballroom in Charlottesville, VA back in 2007 is one of my all-time favorite Eisley moments. I met them for the first time that night, too. Man, where does the time go?
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
tungsten
Sea Post King

Hmm, if I was Eisley 'Greatest Hits'ing:

1. Marvelous Things
2. Golly Sandra
3. I Wasn't Prepared
4. Memories
5. Invasion
6. Many Funerals
7. Go Away
8. ICBT4U
9. Come Clean
10. Smarter
11. Watch it Die
12. Sad
13. I Wish
14. Ambulance
15. Currents
16. Drink the Water
17. Real World
18. Blue Fish

Bonus tracks (deluxe edition lol)
Kind (live) - Like the Actors - ODISFA - Sea King - Mr. Pine - Laugh it Off - Deep Space
tungsten
Sea Post King

forgot Mr. Moon and Ten Cent Blues. That won't do.
Christian
Sea Post King

The last Eisley mix I made someone to try and get them to go to see them with me was very Deep Space, Currents, and The Valley heavy. I had some of the older stuff on there too, but the band doesn't sound like that anymore – especially Sherri.