Laughing City
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

https://vine.co/v/OpeOwlUIAwP

short clip from sherri of max playing one of her songs. i think i love it even though it's just a short riff. i love when eisley does more guitar driven things.

also, anyone notice the giant frozen dolls, haha.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Well, it's two parts patched together so I don't think that's the actually melody, so don't get too attached to that riff as is... Wink

The strummed part sounds like waltz time to my ear (6/Cool and waltzes are the best, and Eisley's done some cool things with waltzes, Tree Tops, the chorus of Many Funerals, Lights Out, and Blue Fish all jump out at me.

Funny aside: Maybe Max is playing cause Sherri literally can't play for EB6 (Eisley Baby 6/ or 7, I don't know who's due first between her and Jessie)?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

https://vine.co/v/O1erzAZl1dq

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

http://www.eisley.com/index.php

so we should check the website more often, ha.

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

they are breaking tradition aren't they? isn't it time for an ep instead?

heck, i am ready for ep 5. so bring it on

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

This vine loop sounds musical and would make an interesting sample. Actually it's kinda like the piano on Drink the Water.
https://vine.co/v/OtvnIUXgzHr

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Wow. The surreal thing is, they might have heard the piano parts in the womb and it's part of their neural pathways as a result, so the intonation of their natural cadences might, unbeknownst to these children, emulate the melodies their parents were playing and listening to while expect. Given the billions of pathways that form during those developmental years, those melodic patterns and the actual wave forms they manifest as in frequency form could possibly hard wire themselves into a child's brain development, the same way language is, and bonding with parents.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
tungsten
Sea Post King

Both Chauntelle and Sherri have posted about writing for the new record. I've seen Stacy say on instagram that she is writing for Sucre. So, I'm expecting the next album to be more Sherri/Chauntelle driven but that there will also be a full length Sucre album sometime soon as well.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

So, last album Chauntelle had 1 song, but was lasted to have as many as 3 at one point. There was also that Rising Fawn full length I was looking forward to that hasn't materialized yet.

I am wondering how they are going about stockpiling material. They sat on Sway for about 8 months after it was completed before they released it. Deep Space was maybe a 5 month wait for release, during that time they wrote for Currents.

I'm guessing they are further along with the writing that it seems to think they will be ready to release in the spring and tour in the summer. Touring will be easier if it's a Room Noises Anniversary tour where they play the album front to back, so long as they haven't forgotten those songs. Otherwise, sometimes touring the new material can be easier since it's been freshly rehearsed (IF they rehearsed for recording as a band and didn't just track parts independently).

It's also got me thinking that, since Garron recently posted about being available to record people in the studio now that he's back from the Say Anything tour, that Weston & Mark have been recording (or someone else).

Another thing I have thought about is, it's interesting that Sucre did an EP rather than a full album like last time. Schedules may not have permitted it, but on the other hand, maybe Stacy has already recorded her songs for Eisley, which is why there wasn't enough time to do a full album for Sucre? In theory, if she only wrote 4 songs for an LP it would be 1/3 of 12 of everyone was represented equally in the writing. Even if Chauntelle only wrote 2 songs that were included, that would just put a larger number of tracks in Sherri's hands, and she is at a point in her craft as a songwriter where she could tackle 5 or 6 songs for an album with time to spare.

We'll see. In a way I feel like Mr. Moon was the connecting song from The Valley to Deep Space, and Deep Space itself as a whole was the connection to Currents. So what is the connection between Currents and LP5. The album is pretty evenly split between modern sounds and embellishments, and more natural sounds with modern complexity in how they are arranged.

If Sway and Loner are any indication, their grasp of modern sounds and sophistication grows as they age and they have gotten great at making accessible songs that are still sophisticated enough musically, and youthfully mature emotionally, to appeal to young and old alike.

Last edited by wilsmith on Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

A snippet of a song she's working on.
https://vine.co/v/OTpQLqMwtJK

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

http://emptylighthouse.com/interview-garron-dupree-talks-crazy-wonderf ul-life-touring-say-anything-and-eisley-2083574731

Garron says they recorded and toured for 9 months last year, and are taking a little time off, and then they will record the album. He's touring with Say Anything and possibly Eisley come after that.

On Twitter Sherri replied to a questions as such " hey @sdupreebemis what's the word on new Eisley? Any tours in my near future?” // Give Birth, Track album, Tour 👍❤️ " - February 7th 2015

So they are writing and demoing tunes right now as best can be assumed. So that makes me wonder, what was being recorded over those 9 months last year??? Hebrews, Sway, and Loner were the only releases, and Sway was done well in advance of 2015. Well, they all were on Hebrews independent of one another, so maybe that's what he means?

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

so i noticed that on stacy's instagram that she refers to herself as a solo artist in her bio. just an observation.

-edit-

just now reading through the forum and seeing the discussion in the violents ep thread.