Laughing City
StuartBuck
Sea Post King

Looks like it will be without Stacy. Also looks like Sherri is writing the whole of their fifth album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9wZ1-Aw7zw&feature=youtu.be
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

I'm guessing Chauntelle is focusing more on family and rising fawn. Personally I'm looking forward to seeing this new direction for everyone.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

yeah saw the video. i am not sure what to think.

I know it was obvious as time went on that stacy and sherri were moving in different directions artistically.
And it was apparent that Sherri was always the "front" person.

still...eisley benefited from those extremes.
i wonder now if it will be a full album of Sherri rock tunes?
Which might not be bad, but just different.

i asked her to clarify on twitter but i doubt she will respond

should be interesting times to say the least.

I mean it would be ok with me if eisley just stopped and tehy all concentrated on the solo projects. but still, its cool we are still getting music

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

she did reply to me

Bill Gallentine ‏@MrPine 3h3 hours ago

@SDuPreeBemis so does this mean Stacy is basically no longer in @Eisley ? Will she be on the new record at all? Still can't wait for it

Sherri DuPree Bemis ‏@SDuPreeBemis 37m37 minutes ago

@MrPine Stacy's pouring her heart into Sucré and we couldn't be happier. More music, more better 😋

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

mr pine wrote:
she did reply to me

Bill Gallentine ‏@MrPine 3h3 hours ago

@SDuPreeBemis so does this mean Stacy is basically no longer in @Eisley ? Will she be on the new record at all? Still can't wait for it

Sherri DuPree Bemis ‏@SDuPreeBemis 37m37 minutes ago

@MrPine Stacy's pouring her heart into Sucré and we couldn't be happier. More music, more better 😋

to be honest, i prefer sherri's songs over stacy's. both are great, but i gravitate towards her guitar driven compositions, and i feel like her songs take a little more risks.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

The sound of Eisley:

We'll see what comes of it, but Sherri has written all kinds of songs over the years, and though she tends to write the rocking songs, she's written many of the genre vamps and ballads that were the furthest thing from rock.

Listening to Perma sort of reaffirms that she has a lot of approaches to writing songs. I can imagine she's having an exciting time considering what an Eisley album can sound like. She has it within her ability to write in any of the styles Eisley has done before.

From the video, she mainly confirmed that Christie and Remington will be in the touring line-up for this next tour, which is fine. Remington is a great drummer. I've seen him with Merriment twice and he was ace. Of course Christie is pitch perfect and her confidence on stage (and sharp whit) only grows each time I've seen them. She's been singing on stage with Eisley for years and years now, so it only seemed natural. She played a lot more guitar when I saw Merriment in July than I can remember when I saw them last september in springfield.

I like that they are treating Eisley like a brand more than a band, and I think the move to Rory cements the cottage industry that is the Dupree family & its affiliate's music.

I'm curious to see who they are touring with more than I am worried about their albums. I have every confidence it will be great.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

oh yea the band they've always wanted to tour with... curious. sunny day real estate (lol, i wish)? mineral?

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Considering Chauntelle wrote the best song on the last album, I'd say the rest of them have much more opportunity to bring something to the table now. It will be interesting to see what emerges!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

The Man In The Moon wrote:
oh yea the band they've always wanted to tour with... curious. sunny day real estate (lol, i wish)? mineral?

Curious about that myself ... and it's kind of fun to actually not know.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Weston is not touring either? Only Sherri and Garren of the previous lineup?
tungsten
Sea Post King

I got the vibe that Christie might be filling in vocally for Stacy. I doubt they will do Stacy songs; rather just Christie doing Stacys parts on Sherri songs
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

yeah wil and i were talking about it on twitter last night

i wondered if christie and or sherri played the keys and if they would this tour.

i assumed christie would take over the stacy role as well.
but if there is no keys it will be a different dynamic for sure.
even more so if no chauntelle.
between her and stacy they played the "solo" parts on guitar/piano. So it will be interesting to see sherri and christie take over that part.

either way i hope the tour is my way so i can check it out

i guess i am just curious to see how this all plays out

wilsmith wrote:

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Collin got to be a wicked guitar player himself, and they managed to replace him with a friend who worked at the Foundry for this last tour where Merriment opened up for Dustin Kensrue. He was solid. So was the guy playing bass.

It's entirely possible you could see garron switch to guitar even. He tracked guitar for the band before right?

As far as the tour goes, Tegan & Sarah are finishing up an album, Enigk is working on his (due in december according to pledgemusic).

They're playing that festival in september with a lot of bands, the Polyphonic spree being one act on the bill I imagine they dig. That's the same show that has Mineral and a "Special Surprise Guest".

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

So yeah, we know it's Copeland, which is awesome, and that they line-up includes the sisters from the group Poema.

And this is what they sound like live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxDWG4vMkgo

I think they sound really good on these songs, given the length of the clips. I'm assuming the compilation was to get a bit of every song in the set. That being the case there's a little bit of everything in the mix. Definitely leaning towards more upbeat songs and rocking it. That said, there are a few songs I would like to see included in the set that were omitted, tops being Lights Out if they're gonna rock out. Letting Christie have a crack at The Valley and Marvelous Things would be nice. And many many more of course.

Last edited by wilsmith on Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Someone with a Racquet & Jog Tyler, Tx shirt.
I swear, I can never go to Longview or Tyler and not see someone wearing one of their shirts. I thought maybe they gave them free if you bought 'x' amount of clothes or something, but I went in one not too long ago and they had them for sale. Don't really understand how they are so popular, and popular enough to make people want to buy shirts and advertise them for free.

goto page
 | next >>