Laughing City
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

Why do the Wikipedia pages for the band Quiet Company and Eisley both credit Taylor Muse as being Eiley's original bassist and being instrumental in the writing of Room Noises?

As far as I can tell, this is not an alter-ego of Jonathan Wilson, the actual bassist on Room Noises.

I know Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, but I found this small little thing over multiple pages very odd.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I always confuse him with the guy in (Simon) Dawes

He's achieved a little notoriety with his band...

http://www.npr.org/2013/12/05/247338182/for-an-ex-christian-rocker-fai th-lost-is-a-following-gained

All the fans with the rumorific dirt can tell you more about what they have heard about his role as a songwriter in the band early on. I know nothing regarding the facts of that matter.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Kit
Sea Post King

He was in MossEisley briefly. I'm pretty sure this pre-dates when I saw Moss back in 2002. And yeah, Quiet Company is pretty well known in Austin, although I didn't hear as much hype surrounding their last album Transgressor.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Someone finally put it in there. That is good.
It is true that he was part of some early incarnation of Eisley.
Don't know about any songwriting.
That would have to be answered by those involved.
I don't know that he actually played on any Eisley recordings, or it would have at least been Moss Eisley, if not one of the earlier names. You could probably ask Boyd directly if you wanted to know that badly.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I forget if he ever played on recordings, but he was part of the band for a while. I really won't really get in their personal biz, but they go way back and they're still at least friendly (as far as I know). I've known of Taylor for ages, and have known him for a good while, though we really don't talk anymore (for no reason other than the usual drift). I highly recommend catching Quiet Company live, even if you aren't impressed by the albums.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

I will! He's Sherri's ex, right?
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:

All the fans with the rumorific dirt can tell you more about what they have heard about his role as a songwriter in the band early on.

This is an odd thing for Will to say, and the thread title's harshness confuses me.
Why is such a big deal, if not big then negative, being made about it?

What's next the Who the Hell is Pete Best thread on a Beatles forum?

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

It was my way of acknowledging my passing awareness of what Tahruh said outright.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
wilsmith wrote:

All the fans with the rumorific dirt can tell you more about what they have heard about his role as a songwriter in the band early on.

This is an odd thing for Will to say, and the thread title's harshness confuses me.
Why is such a big deal, if not big then negative, being made about it?

What's next the Who the Hell is Pete Best thread on a Beatles forum?

Harsh? I wouldn't say I was being harsh. I've just followed the band for 15 years or so and never heard of this guy. Add to the fact that it said he was instrumental in Room Noises, which as far as I can tell he is not credited on, and the confusion deepened.

Who he hell is bigideas?

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

After all this time, I actually went back to look at their wikipedia.org since I've had no reason to for years. Its just flat-out wrong.

eisleywiki wrote:
2004–2006: Room Noises[edit]

Eisley performing at Austin City Limits festival in 2005
During the majority of 2004 the band spent most of their time recording their debut album. During the first part of 2005, the band toured extensively with New Found Glory.

In June 2005, Eisley embarked on their first headlining tour, The Summer Scenic Tour, to support their debut Room Noises with Lovedrug and Pilotdrift as opening acts. On June 10, they performed a sold out show at The Troubadour in California. The recording of The Troubadour show was to be released as a live DVD, however, the band was not pleased with the footage or audio so nothing ever came of it.[6][7]

The band went on to tour with Hot Hot Heat in July. During this tour Eisley's then bassist, Taylor Muse who admittedly was never 100% invested in the band (despite contributing their namesake), announced he was leaving to pursue his own Christian rock band Quiet Company (named after a song by The National). Taylor remains a good friend of the band and lives in Austin, Texas but felt Eisley's lyrics "were way too surreal for my taste." He was replaced as bassist by Garron DuPree, the DuPrees' then fifteen-year-old cousin in 2005.[8]

So yeah, JBaker you're right, whoever edited this entry did not know their facts or chose to ignore them. Jonathan Wilson replaced Taylor Muse, before the Laughing City EP at the latest, so this whole section has the timeline wrong, and for some reason has completely omitted Jonathan Wilson. I would have never assumed the wiki was this messed up, but it is.

In our defense, if you had posted the actual text initially, we would have been all over it and totally got where you were coming from. Laughing

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

JBaker wrote:

Who he hell is bigideas?

I was just thinking from the perspective if I visited a messageboard and someone had my actual name in a Post Title it would feel very weird.

I don't really care. I've never edited anything on Wikipedia and have no desire to.

Kit
Sea Post King

I saw Eisley twice in 2002 and don't remember Taylor Muse playing with them at either gig. I think his involvement might even date back before the MossEisley EPs but that's pure speculation on my part.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Laughing Laughing I think that Wikipedia person was trying to troll Taylor. He is a vocal atheist, and left the band way before for that tour. That's some strange amalgamation of Jon Wilson, Taylor Muse and Pure Fantasy. I can't remember when Taylor's involvement with the band ended, but it was well before I knew them (mid-2003). I was friends with one of Taylor's good friends, which is how I heard about Eisley in the first place ... But I'm pretty sure that was already past his time with the group, and that was early 2003.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address