Laughing City
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

https://youtu.be/B7zfu4t2WLs

I love Sherri singing in her lower register on this. It's definitely the biggest surprise here. The track is nice, spacey and mellow for the most part. The bass line in the verses is definitely worth listening with some headphones/earbuds/speakers that will ensure you can hear it well. The guitar and keys are lush, and I'm wondering how much of that is Garron as well? He was in a lot of pictures tracking guitar. He and Weston have great chemistry.

The production, arrangement, and tempo of this Defeatist and Louder Than Lions really has me thinking this album will be sequenced without gaps to flow from song to song for at least part of it. Those three songs flow together. Lions is right before this song in the track listing at 7 & 8. Defeatist is track 2, which seems early for that one unless it sets up the subsequent song, which happens to ft. Max, so I'm guessing that one is going to be featured.

All that said, Lions ought to be a single.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
StuartBuck
Sea Post King

Agreed, although my favorite part is how the verse (low register) contrasts with the huge jump upwards as the chorus starts (nearly an octave).