25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
I don't know
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Badly Drawn Boy apparently slept in his knit cap though. That Son of Sam video is like The Red Balloon, purposely I'm sure. They used to show us The Red Balloon in grade school but it must have been a shortened version. An hour and a half seems a bit much.

I don't know if I should be posting this one. I like it, it's a good video, I love the ending. I think the images are symbolic of how the girl perceives what is happening and how she's feeling in this situation. What is seen can never be unseen and the loss of innocence and the such and so forth and the etc. It was used in a lot of those reaction videos with people looking overly shocked and horrified. You have been warned. Besides, I think I've posted this before anyway.
DyE - Fantasy
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Yup, same here on the Red Balloon. There was a modern take on the film that I slept through just shy of a decade ago. It was winter and I was particularly tired so maybe the movie was better than it seemed based on my lethargy?

I am going to take your word for it and wait a bit before giving the DyE video a look see, if at all. But I've seen so much questionable anime & film, and season 4 of GoT, so what's to lose???

I'm going to make a hard left turn and not explain who Kanye West got me here, but indeed my train of thought took me from Anime to Kanye, and then to Fiona, by way of a mutual muse. Anyway, here you go https://youtu.be/u09s0uz0tEU

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Hah, that's a good one. I know so little Fiona.
That DyE isn't thaat bad, it's not something that will scar you for life like an anti-fur or isis beheading video.

I don't know why this video is no longer on Youtube. Maybe WMG gave themselves a copyright strike by accident.
Bat For Lashes - What's A Girl To Do
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ Love that video. It's a Halloween song to me, at least that's my annual excuse to post it. Glad you posted it.

Don't think I've ever seen an anti-fur add and I refuse to watch Isis be-headings. In high school I humored a friend and watched some faces of death videos. Thankfully they weren't terribly graphic, but still, I decided to never willingly desensitize myself to things of that nature. Just a little self-care, given the trauma that i've dealt with otherwise from the happenstances of life.

Meanwhile picking which PJ Harvey video/ song I want to post has been tricky. This one here, I thought was Tori Amos when I first heard it on an episodes of the X-Files during a cold open. https://youtu.be/D3tD9EPOEik A Perfect Day Elise.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, I've never watched a full beheading video either and I was tricked into watching an anti-fur video by a nudie womens thumbnail. I wasn't for fur in the first place.

Anyway, I really like PJ Harvey's song The Letter.

Garbage - You Look So Fine
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:

Anyway, I really like PJ Harvey's song The Letter.

So does youtube make my favorites and liked videos Public (?!?!?!?) Embarassed , cause that was the one I was gonna post, but given the video's more of a sped up video diary of the making of the record I decided to go with another song that I feel has a more striking video. Plus The Letter is FIERCE, so I figured I'd go with something that bridges a little better to Eisley since this is their forum and a casual fan might surf over to this thread and be like, "hmmmm... lets see if their suggestions are any good?"

So, in an effort to get over my self-imposed restrictions, here's a video that basically breaks all the rules, but does so for all the right reasons, as far as implicit social norms of the LC from years gone by. https://youtu.be/G133kjKy91U

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

That's just the PJ Harvey song that I remembered liking a lot. I watched the video for it but it's not something I've watched before. I saw her perform it on Letterman or Leno way back when. There's videos of those performances on yt too.

Bjork - Possibly Maybe
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

The Letterman performance was on the episode where Bill Murray was the guest and showed up dressed as a clown, in the full get-up. PJ did her set wearing the yellow clown gloves he had on if I remember right. I actually watched that one live. It is indeed on youtube. I remember seeing the video on her website when it was initially released and I recall there being a different version than what is on youtube. One that was mostly in a dilapidated location of some sort. Maybe there was a European version different than the US one? That's fairly common actually.

I was tempted to post an Epic Queens of the Stone Age video (there are actually quite a few good ones), but that got me wanting to connect the dots...

https://youtu.be/pab8gea5YWY

Also back on my old radio show I would transition from my hip hop specialty show to the underground music show (art rock, indie, alt-alternative) that followed by playing one of the remixes of Possibly Maybe from the Telegram EP. Still love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWDHTy-SfS4

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

She sang on a good Sparklehorse song Eyepennies too.
That channel's user pic is good. Tom Yorda.

Veruca Salt - Shutterbug
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Oh wow. I'm a sucker for a waltz, and I never got around to listening to Veruca Salt past a couple of singles. I really liked the Seether and Volcano Girls, but they were always a little under my radar. When Nina Gordon went solo and the first single sounded like a rewrite of Building A Mystery I lost interest. I should go back & give them another chance. Cool 90s videos are cool.

Yorkda looks like something I might have seen in one of my Anthropology textbooks back in the day.

Meanwhile, I'm going with Sleater-Kinney as a follow up. https://youtu.be/vZA_7FtttRY

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

I'm just gonna put this one here.
Veruca Salt - Volcano Girls
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

That was such a fun video and catch song.

I knew what song I wanted to post ahead of time since yesterday, which isn't the norm, that said, here's one I caught on the Cooltv when it was airing here on broadcast, only to find out it was a few years old already. Love this song tons and the video fits it well. Entrance - Lookout https://youtu.be/L5cGp2iXywc

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Jem - They
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I only knew of the Black and White video for that one, which fit the song's melancholy hip hop style production vibe. This is a pleasant surprise.

I almost posted the video that introduced me to this artist, but instead I'll post one of her solo videos that sold me on her apart from the world shattering duet that put her and her partner in song on the international map...

Settle Down

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Do you think the 1,007 Views for this thread is legit?
Even if both of you looked at this 100 a piece and me 20, that's only 220.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>