Laughing City

I heard rumors they were signing with some big label. A friend of mine from Illinois said he saw them at Cornerstone and really liked them but they werent signed. Why sign? I have friends who went that route and they didn't really make it. One year later they broke up after getting dumped. Just be an indie band. I like your music.

just curious.
 |  | 
johnnyactionfinger
Sea Post King

Yeah, this guy here....he's right. You know what's cool about major labels? I don't either.

xoxo
-captain
FakePlasticPerson
Sea Post King

Indie rock is great, but don't get upset about them getting offered label options. With a label you have national distribution (meaning people like me can purchase their music, which I would SO do). They've already got their "indie" connection with me. They started out on a smaller scale, and if they get huge, good for them. If they don't, so what. But the thing about MossEisley is that I think it would take a lot for them NOT to be a success. I mean...cornerstone is an excellent example of that. Their saturday night encore performance at the Impromptu stage is proof. They put more people in that tent than I had seen all week, and ya know why? CUZ THEY ROCKED! They get the coveted Paul Kruta's "Best Band at Cornerstone Without National Distribution, and Better Than Most of the Bands WITH National Distribution" Award (I was receiving bribes all week, let me tell ya). I didn't here anyone say anything bad about them (of course if they did I would've killed them, but that's beside the point). I only see MossEisley going up, up, and not away. I bet they get big, keep the close connection with the fans, and not sell out.
Thank you. I'm Paul Kruta

johnnyactionfinger
Sea Post King

Paul, I like you, you're a good guy. You and I both enjoy MC Pee Pants. But am I wrong for feeling the burning desire to decentralize the music industry and give it back to the artists? Although, I have no say in what MossEisley does, and support them either way, sometimes you just wish other people shared your views. And maybe they do. I just want someone to love me.

-r
FakePlasticPerson
Sea Post King

I don't think the music industry is this great wonderful thing like it could be. It's a big ugly corporate machine grabbing at the all the money it can. But it's not like they're selling out to go be big pop stars on mtv. Not ALL labels want to screw over the artists...I think...
maybe I just don't know as much as I'd like to think I do....I dunno
maybe I'm just a dumb kid Sad

johnnyactionfinger
Sea Post King

Smartest person I've met in here so far. (with the exception of Boyd and the Moss, i think.)

-razmataz
FakePlasticPerson
Sea Post King

yeah...boyd is the man...although I don't know him too well...I met him at cornerstone though
kris
Ubernerd Moderator

i think indie is the way to go.
ibekimbo
Sea Post King

Where will they be in a year?
Where will any of us be in a year?
Only God knows.
I wish them all the best though,,,,,they are a great band and a really nice group of people. Smile

iRa
Sea Post King

Ditto! Only God knows...the rest of us will have to wait and see...but I pray for all the best!!! Cool
spheric1
Sea Post King

Yeah, getting signed can be a bad thing if you don't know what you're doing. It sounds like MossE has an idea what to watch out for. Hopefully everyone here won't start whining if they do sign to a label and get popular though.

"Whoso knoweth himself well, is lowly in his own sight and
delighteth not in the praises of men." Thomas A' Kempis
Sea Post King

i'm thankful that we have fans that care about our future so much.
you guys are really great.
i do hope too, like the last "poster" said...that you guys won't snub us if we do someday, get signed to a label...we are very aware of the dangers of signing to a label and the risks, but we are trusting God to take care of us and having faith that He knows best...we appreciate all of you guys' prayers and concerns very much...we'll see what happens...either way, you guys are awesome.
love
sherri

My dumb photos for fun.
http://flickr.com/photos/photostoshare1/
A bit of the art...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sherrisink/
Older art...
http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v68/slitgizzard/ArtWork/
jeremyb
Sea Post King

sherri wrote:
trusting God to take care of us and having faith that He knows best...

it's awesome when bands aren't so intent on "making it" that they lose focus of God's will for them...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
- Jeremiah 29:11

philippians 4:13
FakePlasticPerson
Sea Post King

I totally agree. I'm glad that you guys know what's up. Don't worry, even if everyone else "snubs you," (which i'm sure they won't) I'll stay a fan forever. YAY!
markymark106
Golly, Poster

God is amazing. He makes better choices than u do, so u have to give it up to him and let your choices be made through him.

Just my 10 cents.