Laughing City
juan
Lost at Forum

having stumbled across eisley last week i decided to try find out more about the band via yahoo. i came across a review from the sxsw show. it was a local media page from where ever that gig was. anyway the band was compared to a 'female' hanson, even though there are 2 guys in it.

just wondering if this comparison has been made regularly, if it has its a shame cos to anyone with an eye for talent i think this band is far from a hanson type band, for one hanson were crap and an obvious pop band, eisley may well be classed as pop (i dont know) but the music is nothing like hanson.

i hope the band attempt to dispell such talk, although when people hear the music i think they'll make their own mind up!

mmm bop Wink j/k
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Juan,
I was livid when I saw that comparison. It's ridiculous and shows the writer's lack of skill and descernment. Actually, he had never even heard the band when he wrote that.
Unfortunately, we are sure that this will happen again. It will just take time to dispell these kind of mindless comparisons. It's been said that, "any press is good press", and I guess it just goes with the territory. We've already seen that, sometimes it seems like the person doing a review is just in a hurry to get it to print, and doesn't even research anything but instead, just makes up whatever he/she feels like will make the story interesting.
We hope that as their music begins to really get out there, people will draw their own conclusions on this band.
Being a large family with a band, we have respect for the hard work that the Hanson family band put into what they were doing, but Eisley's music is nothing like Hanson, obviously.
Thank you for your comments. Wow!...all the way from England?
kd Smile
exploding jack
Sea Post King

i thought hanson were girls when i first saw them...
Joined: 17 Jan 2003 | Posts: 29 | Location: originally from tyler, now in austin
selfsame singer
Golly, Poster

MMMMMM Boop MMMMM MMMM Boop MMMMMMM Boop Do Woop MMMM MMMM Boop yeahe yeah.

Oh the great days of Jr. High. Embarassed

Quote:
i thought hanson were girls when i first saw them...

I think transvestint is the word.

Joined: 23 Dec 2002 | Posts: 719 | Location: Somewhere over the rainbow closest to Dallas...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
keyboardplayer
Golly, Poster

selfsame singer wrote:

I think transvestint is the word.

i don't think THAT is a word....
how about "tranvestite"?

Joined: 06 Nov 2002 | Posts: 743 | Location: there are places i remember.....
sc0tt
Golly, Poster

Han....solo.
Hey Hansel... wheres gretel?
Hey eisley... wheres the wookies?

keyboardplayer
Golly, Poster

huh?
uh.
ok

Joined: 06 Nov 2002 | Posts: 743 | Location: there are places i remember.....
juan
Lost at Forum

Quote:
Actually, he had never even heard the band when he wrote that

yeah but lets face it, thats not really a valid excuse, i'd never heard the band till next week, but i didnt make immediate comparisons with hanson, maybe its the hair! long, blonde.... quality journalism, maybe i can come over there and get a job, people get paid for writing this rubbish, or maybe thats why i aint a journalist - no abstact imagination.

Quote:
Wow!...all the way from England?

yeah thats right, i explained somewhere else i stumbled here whilst looking for info the the british (mos) eisley, and decided i may as well check out the music, and i'm gald i did. not really what i'd usually listen to, then again i listen to anything (within reason).

keep the music flowing

steven Smile
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
kris
Ubernerd Moderator

sc0tt wrote:
Han....solo.
Hey Hansel... wheres gretel?
Hey eisley... wheres the wookies?

boo...lander.

Andrew
Lost at Forum

hey put that hansel and gretel thing in you article I want people to know how funny I can be..
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
boyd
Eisleyoid

sxsw was great; there were tons of press who contacted WB about the band. I can't remember all, but...Entertainment Weekly (coming this week) Esquire, Vanity Fair, Seventeen, Teen People, Time Out, Rolling Stone and others..where else can you go and have that many press people at your show..crazy...BUT the lamest thing they did was that bio about the band in the main newspaper. sheesh. (thus this thread...hansen) If you want to be elevated to another stereotype, see this forum - Rolling Stone pics. You can read their editor's comments - comparing them to Flaming Lips. But a little more accurate critique can be found here:

http://www.dallasmusicguide.com/live/eisley.htm

Ask these cool people on the board about what they sound like. (nothing in the genre of hanson....only that there are siblings) It's an injustice. I won't atttempt to define their sound. The moderator knows all.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
juan
Lost at Forum

i'd alreay seen the rolling stone article, read that review sounds cool. as i say the mp3's i have heard already are really good though i realise i havent heard any of the unrecorded songs, doesnt no-one have an md recorder they can record a live show on? or is that not accpted by the band?

that review was good doesnt big them up so much as if to suggest he's been paid by the band to do so, but at the same time makes you realise that he has actually heard the band live and appears to know what he's talking about....... or maybe he just hasnt heard of hansen Laughing no i'm joking.

ah well i'd love to say i'm gonna see them at v2003, but it doesnt look like i am cos none of my fiends are keen will go Sad why is it that i always seem to miss a goood oportunity? does the band need any help at V? Wink
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Hey Juan,
send me your mailing address to: dupree@tyler.net, and I'll send you a copy of their EP that they have right now. The new EP will be coming out soon, and be available in stores, on line, and at their shows.

Thanks!
Kim D.
gRegor
the gEek

Andrew, I almost posted that line, except I was gonna say "put that on the forum" instead. Heh heh.
daniel t hall
Sea Post King

when i had long hair i looked like i could be a hanson