21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Austin City Limits Festival
78%
 78%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 19

swtcatastr0phexx
Sea Post King

ok, so the Austin City Limits Festival is coming up. and I'm caught in between. Should I go to a cousin's wedding in California (a cousin I don't know but just happens to be a cousin) or should I go to the festival with some of my closest friends? have you ever been caught in one of these situations? I want to go to the wedding since it is my cousin, and I've never been to a wedding before, but then i want to go to the festival to see some of my favorite bands. if only i could be in two places at once.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Eis_Fan
Vintage Newbie

definitely the festival!

i just read something about it from a xanga...about the festival that is...and I would love to go... Sad I can't.

and you said so yourself
swtcatastr0phexx wrote:
a cousin I don't know but just happens to be a cousin....

AND
swtcatastr0phexx wrote:
go to the festival with some of my closest friends?

Very Happy festival dude....festival!

Gameboybob
Vintage Newbie

i say go to the festival. yeah, weddings only happen once if your lucky, but a music festival? they happen all the time. where i am going with this, im not sure, but go to the festival.

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=gameboybob

http://www.myspace.com/thegameboy
Joined: 01 Aug 2003 | Posts: 5453 | Location: Nagoya, Japan
Vegetable
Vintage Newbie

FESTIVAL FESTIVAL!!!

I don´t want to sound insensitive, but weddings are really buh-oring when you´re not the groom, the bride or one of the parents Laughing

yeah... the wedding party is pretty funneh... but a festival with close friends is even funnier!

Visit my Pic Album!
Joined: 17 Jul 2003 | Posts: 3973 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
chubbygumby

la fiesta! weddings are totally boring, they take too long, it gets hot in the chapel when you wear a suit, they just plain suck. besides you said you don't even know the cousin, why would they invite you if they don't know you? yea, you're cousins, but you don't even know each other! it's like showing up at a random stranger's wedding... or just walking in on someone's wedding. go to the festival and enjoy your ass!!
 |  | 
Vegetable
Vintage Newbie

actually, walking into a strangers wedding must be a pretty fun thing to do... Imagine yourself greeting the couple, giving them a big hug when they don´t even know you Laughing

Visit my Pic Album!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

yeah, screw you cousin, unless yous guys are really close, then you should go, but i wouldn't. and they would understand, cos i just don't attend weddings or funerals for various reasons...
Vegetable
Vintage Newbie

granpaturtle wrote:
yeah, screw you cousin

hahahaha quite a family guy Laughing

but you´re right

Visit my Pic Album!
jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

I said cousins wedding, because i've never been to California, and I've always wanted togo, but you probably have, so in that case festival
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

If it was a close cousin, or immediate family ... or if you have a vital wedding role, I'd go. BUT, you should go to Austin if it's not horribly rude. That's just my take, though. If your cousin is excited and set on you going, then go. Otherwise, send a card/gift and your well wishes.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shain
Vintage Newbie

depending on the part of cali, and if there wasnt a huge show involved I would go and party it up in cali. But you have this rad show coming up. seriously a stangers wedding, or a bomb dope show... thats an easy choise to me.
Sea Post King

thanks for the replys..... yea.... i'm definitely leaning towards austin Smile
The_Sympt0m
Vintage Newbie

swtcatastr0phexx wrote:
thanks for the replys..... yea.... i'm definitely leaning towards austin Smile

leaning?! i would be DIVING into it, that looks like a cool fest!

-ben

PS isnt wilco playing? thats worth it by itself!!

Lost at Forum

FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVALFESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FIESTA FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL!

~tApi
(tah-pee)

Vegetable wrote:
actually, walking into a strangers wedding must be a pretty fun thing to do... Imagine yourself greeting the couple, giving them a big hug when they don´t even know you Laughing

actually that would be funny! hahaha!
"so, how do you know the bride and groom?"
"um, we met at an AA meeting..."
lol, it'd be funny to see their faces when someone says that. Laughing
 |  |