29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Rhodes
70%
 70%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 17

Brady
Sea Post King

So, I just bought a Wurli and I like it a lot better than my Rhodes... Hmmm, I guess this means I'm gonna have to sell the Rhodes. Kind of a bummer after all the work I put into it. So, if anyone is looking for a rhodes in the Nashville area, let me know!
Joined: 26 Aug 2003 | Posts: 193 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN
manchilds
Lost at Forum

I have a wurli, and I haven't played a rhodes too much...so I have to say its better...though I've always wanted a rhodes. brady, how much are you gonna sell your rhodes for? I live in texas, but I would be willing to pay for shipping.
Brady
Sea Post King

I'm looking to get around $500 for it... I don't know if that's reasonable or not. I'll see if I can find some pics of it though...
theenvycorps
Vintage Newbie

why not keep them both?
Brady
Sea Post King

Here's some pics. It's in pretty good shape now (you should have seen it when I bought it!). The action is pretty good and it is in tune (as far as I can tell anyway). The tolex has some tears in it as you can see and one of the higher keys doesn't work (high "f" and i think it just needs a new rubber tip for the beater). But besides that it's a sweet instrument!

and here's some more...

http://home.comcast.net/~swankguitr/Rhodes2.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~swankguitr/Rhodes3.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~swankguitr/Rhodes4.JPG

Oh, unfortunately I don't have a sus. pedal
Brady
Sea Post King

theenvycorps wrote:
why not keep them both?

Ha, I would love to keep them both! But unfortunately I made a deal with myself that if I bought the wurli, I would sell the rhodes... maybe i will... I don't know...I think you're a bad influence on me! Twisted Evil
theenvycorps
Vintage Newbie

nothing beats a good electronic piano. Also, demand is rising like crazy for these things, if you ever want to get another one, I can assure you you'll pay way more than they're going for now.

To think, I bought my perfect condition Mark II 73 2 years ago for 300 bucks. I could probably get over double that now.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Ohh ... I'm terribly interested ... must think ... and resist. Neutral

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
theenvycorps
Vintage Newbie

let's see a pic of the Wurli...come on
manchilds
Lost at Forum

I bought my wurli on ebay for $275. shipping was a killer though which cost me 150. for some reason its gotten out of tune (in some places rather horribly). does anybody know how to tune those suckers? I know the basic concept, like saudering and filing...but thats it.

brady I'll tell you what. you send me the rhodes, I'll cover the shipping, and we'll call it even eh? come on dude, thats a sweet deal.

if only you were that stupid Wink

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

what type of Wurlitzer did you get?
i have a Rhodes but it needs some major work. i can't believe all of you found a Rhodes for those prices. i paid a lot more for mine, but it seems i was quite misled Crying or Very sad

anywho, you live in Murfreesboro? i went to MTSU from 2000-02. i used to have fun playing those student Wurlies, the grand pianos and the Hammond B-3 that were in the two studios.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I'm drooling over that Rhodes.

Nashville isn't that far from my town, so shipping should be relatively low...?

Unfortunately, my first almost-a-thousand-dollars-paycheck doesn't arrive until the beginning of October. Stupid monthly pay.

But if you've still got that puppy by then, let me know...

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brady
Sea Post King

bigideas wrote:
what type of Wurlitzer did you get?
i have a Rhodes but it needs some major work. i can't believe all of you found a Rhodes for those prices. i paid a lot more for mine, but it seems i was quite misled Crying or Very sad

anywho, you live in Murfreesboro? i went to MTSU from 2000-02. i used to have fun playing those student Wurlies, the grand pianos and the Hammond B-3 that were in the two studios.

Actually, it's the same model as the ones they have at school (206A). You can get them way cheaper than the standard 200a and they have the exact same electronics. I'd post a pic but unfortunately I don't have a digital camera.
Did you get a RIM degree here at MTSU? If you did, has it done you any good?

Hey Saellys, how far from Nashville do you live? I'll definately let you know if I still have it by then. I'm not in a huge hurry to sell it so there's a pertty good chance I'll still have it...
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Brady wrote:
Hey Saellys, how far from Nashville do you live? I'll definately let you know if I still have it by then. I'm not in a huge hurry to sell it so there's a pertty good chance I'll still have it...

According to Mapquest, I'm 527 miles away. Confused So it's a slightly longer trip than I'd hoped... but I might be able to convince my friend (who would do most of the actual playing of the Rhodes) to cover shipping, and it would all be copacetic. I'll drop you a PM in a couple of months to see if you still have it. Very Happy

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...