Laughing City
shiny311
Sea Post King

ok guys, i really like the song PRETENDER by the "EISLEY". it sounds cool, like a older different side of EISLEY. i wonder if BOYD lieks it. Some one in the CHAT room said its just not a good song. I want more :0) !!!

Well, i dont know what u guys bene smokin, but i think its cool haha so there, take that... :0\ you got serve. OK, people who like the song post your thoughts & fraustration. lets unite & ... do something about it shall we. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sendoutSOScalls
Laughing Citizen

i havn't heard it...do you have a link to an mp3?

http://www.last.fm/user/Untitled_9/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/86438423@N00/
Joined: 13 Jun 2004 | Posts: 1749 | Location: In the courtyard waiting on the breeze to float after me
Gavman
Sea Post King

omg i love pretender but its soo short Sad

I would love it to be longer or hear more songs like it,

chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

copies of that song are few and far between. i don't think the band really likes it so its gone underground. There's a small clip around a minute and a half floating around but the full version of the song is longer and harder to find. You'd have to find someone with a copy of the *real* ep1, not the 2nd ep1, to get it. good luck.
Vegetable
Vintage Newbie

I have a pretender mp3, and I really like that song!
I think the band doesn´t like it...

actually, it´s TOTALLY FORBIDDEN to talk about pretender in this board, FORBIDDEN!!
Laughing just kidding Laughing

hey Julie, I can mail you the mp3 if you want it
I don´t know if it´s the one from the first EP1, it´s a really short clip (1:25 min)

Visit my Pic Album!
Joined: 17 Jul 2003 | Posts: 3973 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

you guys really don't want to open up this can Rolling Eyes
twinstar
Sea Post King

I have the real ep1 version, but I'm totally keeping it to myself. It seems to be a sore spot for some reason.
" If we had done as the kings told us five hundred years ago, we should all have been slaves. If we had done as the priest told us, we should all have been idiots. If we had done as the doctors told us, we should all have been dead. We have been saved by disobedience. We have been saved by the splendid thing called independence, and I want to see more of it. I want to see children raised so that they have it." Robert Ingersoll

www.xanga.com/elephantheart
Joined: 11 Jan 2003 | Posts: 267 | Location: Arlington, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Eh, everyone has something they don't like that other people do. It's probably pretty easy to call it the worst Eisley song in circulation, then again, it's still better than a lot of other crap out there. It's like people will gang up on because the band hates it. But honestly, there are good and bad things about it. If it floats your boat, that's cool. I wouldn't call it my favorite anything, but I rarely skip it. Maybe I have bad taste in music, or maybe I can appreciate the good points in things. I know I hate anything I do/make that doesn't live up to my current standard. I'm sure the band is the same.
... Moral of the story, like if if you like it, don't if you don't. Very Happy

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pzy
Wookie Luke

shiny311 wrote:
ok guys, i really like the song PRETENDER by the "EISLEY". it sounds cool, like a older different side of EISLEY. i wonder if BOYD lieks it. Some one in the CHAT room said its just not a good song. I want more :0) !!!

Well, i dont know what u guys bene smokin, but i think its cool haha so there, take that... :0\ you got serve. OK, people who like the song post your thoughts & fraustration. lets unite & ... do something about it shall we. Very Happy

Haha were you the person at one of the california shows shouting out to Chauntelle to play Pretender? Laughing

shiny311
Sea Post King

hahah nah, i wish. did they get mad when she heard that?
The_Sympt0m
Vintage Newbie

shiny311 wrote:

i was just wondering, why do you capitalize words like that?

-ben

PS™ do you put lotsa emphasis on them when you say them?

Golly, Poster

Ummmmm, Pretender sounds too much like earlier Bush stuff. It's not really Eisley sounding, and it almost sounds like another group. It is low quality. View Boyd's early recording post.

Early Recordings

FrozenEye
Golly, Poster

God forgive me for what I am about to do.

Pretender

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I thought more Cranberries than Bush ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
Vegetable
Vintage Newbie

FrozenEye wrote:
God forgive me for what I am about to do.

Pretender

OMG! what have you done!!!
now, the APM (Anti-Pretender Militia) is on their way to your house to arrest you!!

edit:
BTW, THANKS A LOT for that mp3!!! I had the other clip, the really short one with the fade in and out. Very Happy

Visit my Pic Album!
Joined: 17 Jul 2003 | Posts: 3973 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger