20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
i'm one of those losers who needs the neither option
50%
 50%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 20

BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

i got into a music fight with a friend earlier and it made me wonder who you guys like or prefer...saves the day or the get up kids? they aren't talked about much on this forum too so i wanted to open them up to a little discussion as well

for me? std. Smile
gRegor
the gEek

I'm one of those "losers" who likes better music. Wink
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I love the Get up Kids. Their new album is awesome. But I don't pick favorites, usually. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
I love the Get up Kids. Their new album is awesome. But I don't pick favorites, usually. Smile

o man, that album was surprisingly good! there were some really good songs on that one.

gRegor wrote:
I'm one of those "losers" who likes better music. Wink

darn you super gregor! Wink
gRegor
the gEek

I actually haven't heard a whole lot of either of them. I saw Saves The Day once, with The Anniversary. STD was good, but I liked the Anniversary a lot better. GUK and STD both are music I don't mind listening to, just probably wouldn't buy the CDs since I'm not a huge fan.
alkylyou
Sea Post King

the only reason i voted saves the day is because i can remember when they were really good. i mean through being cool lifetime ripoff good. the get up kids' four minute mile was really good but man lifetime was amazing. so this really isn't a vote for saves the day so much as lifetime.
your hands are my beginning
when my failing eyes fall upon my healing scars
i'm overcome with ease
i'll cherish these signs of your undying love.
theenvycorps
Vintage Newbie

first of all both suck musically.

second of all both suck lyrically.

third of all the get up kids suck worse because when we brought them to school (begrudgingly enough to me) they broke a tv, which cost $400 which was skimmed from our budget.

tarts.
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

i don't know if you insulted me or the bands more. you know, if you wrote "in my opinion", it could've saved your whole post. instead, you act like a complete ass. just hit the damn neither button and be on your way. you know i don't like more than half of the bands people post about on here. i keep it to my damn self. i could tell gregor was just kidding in his post but i've seen this kind of insultive post out of you before. did i ask if you like them or not? i asked who you prefer...

sorry everyone i just hate people who need to insult every band that doesn't fit into their tiny picky tastes.

oh yea and btw std's lyrics are the best in the world. IN MY OPINION. the get up kids have the greatest musical flows in their songs. IN MY OPINION.
theenvycorps
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:
i don't know if you insulted me or the bands more. you know, if you wrote "in my opinion", it could've saved your whole post. instead, you act like a complete ass. just hit the damn neither button and be on your way. you know i don't like more than half of the bands people post about on here. i keep it to my damn self. i could tell gregor was just kidding in his post but i've seen this kind of insultive post out of you before. did i ask if you like them or not? i asked who you prefer...

sorry everyone i just hate people who need to insult every band that doesn't fit into their tiny picky tastes.

oh yea and btw std's lyrics are the best in the world. IN MY OPINION. the get up kids have the greatest musical flows in their songs. IN MY OPINION.

all I can say is LIGHTEN UP. every post about the greatness or suckiness of music is an opinion. that's because art is subjective.

I happen to think both bands are vile. Considering your screen name (I doubt Barnes & Noble "rocks"), I also really don't like your favorite band. It's not like I'm phoning you telling you how bad they are. Cause it'd be my opinion and not of much use to you, eh? This is an open forum for stating of opinions and just like I'm respecting yours, you should respect mine, no matter how much it makes you irrelevantly angry.

Considering your ire filled reply I wonder what would happen if I insulted you personally! Which I won't. Please keep in perspective that this is the internet...I'm not 2 inches in front of you calling your girlfriend fat.
Squirly
Vintage Newbie

i kinda lean to the 'both suck' option that isnt quite up there Very Happy
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 | Posts: 5464 | Location: Galt, California
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

theenvycorps wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:

all I can say is LIGHTEN UP. every post about the greatness or suckiness of music is an opinion. that's because art is subjective.

I happen to think both bands are vile. Considering your screen name (I doubt Barnes & Noble "rocks"), I also really don't like your favorite band. It's not like I'm phoning you telling you how bad they are. Cause it'd be my opinion and not of much use to you, eh? This is an open forum for stating of opinions and just like I'm respecting yours, you should respect mine, no matter how much it makes you irrelevantly angry.

Considering your ire filled reply I wonder what would happen if I insulted you personally! Which I won't. Please keep in perspective that this is the internet...I'm not calling your girlfriend fat.

this is pretty much what i expected from a response. again, i asked who you prefered. i did that purposely to avoid posts stating if you like them or not. you didn't even give a reason of why you don't like them, besides something that happened at a school concert. i could say that one of your bands lyrics or music sucks, but that wouldn't explain why they do or don't! you say that this is the internet, which i know, but if you havn't noticed this isn't the usual forum. we're a bit more personal on here and you've been around long enough to know what kind of person i am, i don't get upset easily. you should know too that on an internet forum if you are going to present an arguement you should give reasons to how you stand or feel on something. when you outright say that two of my favourite bands lyrics and music sucks without stating a reason to why you feel that way, you are pretty much stating it like it's a fact. that... i'm not going to take.

but i will apologize. i shouldn't have posted in the mood i did. i really get upset when my music is insulted because i get it almost every day. whether it be something like you said or one of my friends telling me to turn off my "homo fairy music", that's what they think of eisley btw. almost every day. it's no excuse for my post but i need to get it off my chest.

i still stand with my first paragraph though.
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

Squirly wrote:
i kinda lean to the 'both suck' option that isnt quite up there Very Happy

theenvycorps
Vintage Newbie

whatever dude. because of your screen name and my utter dislike for that band I've ended up basically ignoring you on the forum. i have no idea what you're about or what you like, other than brand new.

don't take it personal. we'll probably never like the same stuff, let's just agree to disagree, k?

when I said they sucked, it was more for comic effect and not to take you on personally. that's my apology. good day.
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

so i thought that something to write home about was the get up kids best album. 4 minute mile was a little scratchy for me, and i don't think on a wire was produced very well. the guilt show was great and is up their with stwha but i get tired of it fast. it's good to listen to every once in a while though. with stwha, i could listen to the album all day. the flow of the songs are just great. close to home is probably my favourite song on the album because of the energy of the ending.

lately with saves the day, i've been listening to can't slow down non-stop. i hadn't listened to it in the longest time for some reason. it's almost like it's all new to me. for saves the day, through being cool and stay what you are are pretty much tied for me on being favourites. swya really showed great musical progression for the band. it changed some in lyrical style form tbc. tbc had a lot of angry lyrics on it so it was and always will be a great cd for when i'm feelin pissed at someone. my favourite song on tbc would have to be my sweet fracture and on swya it would be without question, this is not an exit. that song is probably my favourite song ever. the ending is so sweet and the lyrics are so metaphoric (word?) i've loved the song ever since i got the cd in 2001. in reverie i actually liked but i got tired of it real fast. it was another jump musically for the band which i liked and it really makes me look forward to what's coming next.

chris is the kind of musician that makes you jealous that you didn't write his songs.

that's my basic two cents on the bands
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I like them both, but I think I like Saves The Day better. Depends on my mood.

theenvycorps... just curious, what kind of music do you like? I'm not looking for an argument or something to say, "I think that sucks" to, I was just wondering.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
Last edited by hisownshot on Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

goto page
 | next >>