Laughing City
mojo shivers
Golly, Poster

From a recent conversation with a friend of mine...

Quote:
M------13 [9:44 PM]: that's cool... i never really thought about what i would sing at my wedding if i wanted to... i always thought it would depend on the person...

Mojo Shivers [9:45 PM]: Only two things I want for my wedding... a chocolate groom's cake that only I'm allowed to eat... and to sing to my wife acapella a song that tells her how I feel about her... if someone sang "My Lovely" to me I'd know it was meant to be...

M------13 [9:47 PM]: you mean if the person sang it to you before marrying then you would know it was meant to be? or do you mean you both planned it and found out at the wedding?

Mojo Shivers [9:49 PM]: I'd know if someone could sing that song to me with a straight face and looking me in the eye she'd have to love me... because if any part of her were disgenious in her affections for me you can't sing that song with a straight face...

They lyrics are way too bold and straightforward... no imagery, no metaphor... it's just naked love for another human being put to words...

M------13 [9:50 PM]: well, i guess if you really meant it you wouldn't laugh unless the person you were singing to was making funny faces or something like that...

Mojo Shivers [9:52 PM]: I wouldn't and I don't think any seriously in love person would... the only situation you'd even laugh if someone tried to sing it at the beginning of a relationship... It would only feel "right" if the two people already had a history and were both committed to the relationship... hence, a marriage is both the perfect occasion and the perfect metaphor for the song and not vice-versa...

M------13 [9:53 PM]: true.

Mojo Shivers [9:55 PM]: I mean--I like the other Eisley songs and there are plenty of other bands I like better than Eisley... but they really hit the mark when they wrote this song... it is the perfect romantic song for people who don't like all the mushy stuff and just want to be told they are loved and wanted for all their life...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
boyd
Eisleyoid

that's nice mojo.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
mojo shivers
Golly, Poster

I thought so. Apparently, I'm surrounded by people who don't share my romanticism. Oh 'twell!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Schizorage
Lost at Forum

I'll know someone is in love with me when i sing that song to them and they dont get mad because i cant sing... so yeah, i get that.
phoenixdown
Vintage Newbie

What are the lyrics? (I'm terrible at picking them out.)
mojo shivers
Golly, Poster

It's lucky for you in my "main" forum we have a thread that is nothing but 183 posts of lyrics... LOL

Quote:
My Lovely - Eisley

Why do you wait on me?
And how do you wait on me?
I'm feeling alone without you here in my arms
I'm lost and alone without you here by my side oh...
Here's a song for you lovely
Remember that it is for you only for you only
Why do you wait on me?
And how do you wait on me?
I'm feeling alone without you here in my arms
I'm lost and alone without you here by my side oh...
Here's a song for you lovely
My heart is caught in a landslide and now it feels for you only for you only yeah oh...
Here's a song for you my lovely
My heart is caught in a landslide and now it feels for you only for you only yeah