Laughing City
icurate
Lost at Forum

My wife went, hesitantly, to the Troubadour show.
She was very impressed with the drummer and bassist.
She had heard the EPs but it took a live show (and different mix)
to appreciate them more. The songwriting is amazing.
I think the producing needs to be stronger and more in touch.
Other than that though, I am a total failure at my duties
to spread the word of Eisley and deserve to be banished. Embarassed

courtney-lynn
Sea Post King

i have had a mixture of both responses i think. some people fall in love from the start, some mock them right away. ive also gotten , "they have talent, but it's not my kind of music" i think i have gotten a pretty good response in general. i introduce eisley to anyone that will listen to me talk about them. most of the people around here my age are obsessed with the whole emo/hardcore image and are afraid to try different things. i think it depends on who the person is. i just think that eisley has a special sound for special people.
HayesUT
Sea Post King

I played the EPs for some people whose musical opinions I respect and they loved them. I think the exact words were, "This is good music." Which has more meaning than it sounds......
blacklistfront
Sea Post King

Very frequent so to speak. I've introduced Eisley and their wonderful music to just about everyone I know and everyone I get to know. The most recent person I've introduced Eisley to was an employee at best buys here in Los Angeles. She absolutely adores it now. I gave her my copy of the Ep's. The majority of my friends' musical tastes differ vastly from mine. I played a couple songs for them and they seem to really enjoy it regardless of their musical preference. My family loves Eisley as well. My Mum was really into it while i played it for her driving in the car. Also, I'm a damn metalhead...and I like Eisley...ALOT. That means much. Mr. Green Overall, The reaction has been VERY positive. Forget the "upper peeps", you have ALL our support Exclamation

_BLF
Joined: 08 May 2004 | Posts: 130 | Location: City of Angels
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
brit*zoe
Sea Post King

i generally have a t-shirt on thats been transferred so it has eisley lyrics or what not on,
cue person 'oh, that's really interesting, is it lyrics?'
me: 'oh why yes, its eisley'
person: 'i dont think i've heard of them'
me: 'what a coincidence i have the cd in my walkman, listen'
person: 'wow, this is really different. mucho props to eisley'

same with badges (buttons) etc
sweet_marie
Sea Post King

How do your friends react when you introduce them to EISLEY's music?, and how often do you introduce them to someone new?

most of my friends know about eisley cause i talk about them all the time. but not all my friends like them. for some, when i show them a song or two, they ask if they have anything faster. and i say yes! but its not on cd yet. and im not sure where to direct them to find other songs. [these are usually my friends who are super ska fans]

for my other friends, they love eisley. they ask me all sorts of questions and i answer them best i can. and now they wait for the new album to hit stores. or they ask me when eisley will hit california again.

[btw all of them think stacy is cute]

i think the cd needs to come out and have eisley head a tour.
this may be californian of me to say but get california to love you and you can take the rest of the states.

ptah
Sea Post King

OK,
Being part of the "older" fans of Eisley, I'm sure i don't fit into the demographic that the labels look at, but I'll answer these questions.
I work in a photo studio, and I'm lucky enough to have a set up in my shooting area where I have a tv w/ a vcr. When music comes up I always ask if people have heard of Eisley. Some have and some haven't. If they haven't, I direct their eyes to one of my walls, where I have put up framed pictures I've taken of local bands. I tell them the story of the band (where they are from, how old they all are, who they've toured with, etc.). I also keep a copy of the Marvelous Things video, which I taped off MTV2 when they first aired it, in my vcr - ready to go. If they seem interested I turn on the tv and show the video. After that I'll pop the cds into my stereo (if they aren't already playing) and let them run. Everyone has said they are quite impressed. Some say they are going to run out and buy the eps. I also keep the magazine articles around if they want to read more.
I'd say I've told dozens about Eisley over the past two years, and all have had favorable reactions to them. We have a lot of freelance workers at the studio, and some of them are local musicians - some well-known, some not. For the most part they all have heard of Eisley, but appreciate it when I show them pictures and videos.
Eisley will not blow away. Too many here care too much to let that happen. This band, family, and site are unique. These fans...I've never seen anything like them. They are so open and friendly and giving. This community is strong and will support the band/family/site through whatever happens. These are not fly-by-night fans.
You have us for life...

P.

www.myspace.com/ptah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CanadianAlias
Sea Post King

I went with my two brothers and my cousin to the show in Calgary back in May of 2003. They were *iffy* at the time, as I think at the time they were so pumped up to see Coldplay. They have grown to like the music, as fans of RadioHead, and such. Some songs they just don't get, but that's the same with all music in general. I grew up on Roy Orbison, Patsy Kline, CCR, the Beattle... the timeless music. That's where I'd put Eisley, timeless.

To this day I probably tell someone new about them once a week and try to spread the word as much as possible (as spare time permits) through EisleyOnline. Some are instantly hooked, others take more time, some are turned off right away... I don't talk to those people anymore. jk. I've found it really depends on what mood they're in when I introduce them to Eisley. If the person has been hyped up on trance or the latest Christina whatsherface music, probably not the best time.

I've even started playing Eisley tunes in my bass lessons... my teacher, a Pink Floyd super-fan, was hooked at the started of Blackened Crown. Haven't played much more for him yet so we'll have to see how it grows on him.

Some bands take to success instantly. Some take more time, some may die out and then come back stronger.

The thing is, success takes hard work - putting in the time, dealing with the pressures, the success, the failures, the pain - all of it is worth it. It's what makes you the people that you are, it's what gives you the voices you have, the drive, the desire, and the imagination that you bring to the people who have forgotten how to imagine.

Do I see Eisley as being an band you hear on the radio every 2 seconds, I honestly don't know... but that seems to be the sign of death for any artist now-a-days. There will always be those who don't like your music. You can change that.

I see them as a band that will constantly grow over time, they want to, you can see it, the devotion to their music, their family, their fans. People will listen to them decades from now, remembering where they were when they heard a particular song. Whose hearts will ache when they put on Blackened Crown, whose eyes will open wide with Marvelous Things.

This is just the beginning... the love for Eisley and their music is forever.

Vintage Newbie

i telll all my friends about eisley, and a lot of them like them a lot. But i mean, lets face it, people need full length albums, they dont want to get 9 songs, and then DL a ton, they want an album they can put in their car and listen to for a few days straight wherever they go. The full lenghth will help A TON. And u guys are already big for only hvaing 2 EPs officially released. I mean you toured w/ coldplay. You can tell just about anyone that, and they will want to check this band out, because coldplay is one off the, if not THE hottest bands out there...

-ben

PS maybe u guys should act british, because yeah, then u guys would be part of the new british invasion

EDIT: i can also just show them picture of any of the girls/guys in the group and be like "if u listen to these guys and hangg out at the forums, u might get the chance to talk to them" and then everyone is like "oh snaps!"

Lost at Forum

The_Sympt0m wrote:

PS maybe u guys should act british, because yeah, then u guys would be part of the new british invasion

lol....thatd be good....really wouldnt be too hard either for them....they could pull it off

brady swan
Sea Post King

Last edited by brady swan on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
ideal
Sea Post King

ok all you guys with discmans/walkmans really need to can them and pick up an ipod. and while you're at it throw away that VCR and get a DVD player!! Rolling Eyes Laughing
berlies_
Lost at Forum

i agree....ipods all the way. I love mine!
newbracelet
Sea Post King

i have introduced them to the majority of my friends and, considering they are mostly beyoncé and eminem fanatics, they have been extremely welcoming to eisley's music. perhaps if the band had a little more exposure here in the UK my job would be easier, hint hint Wink
Gavman
Sea Post King

yar I say send me lots o' free stuff so I can give it out to unsuspecting members of the british public and keep for my self whatever is left over Wink

but as for the question I have to admit I havnt really introduced Eisley's music to anybody although usually whenever we are discussing music I always tell my friends they need to go and check out some of your stuff because as others have already said i really do think Eisley's music is that good