Laughing City
Sheryl
Sea Post King

Hmm. I'm not sure. I'm 99% positive I saw them twice at Cornerstone, though. And I'm pretty sure I didn't go to the first show on Monday night, cuz we went to see Pillar. Unless we went after that? *shrug*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
abductee
Laughing Citizen

ok, well errrmm I wasn't going to post my "story" (if you could call it that) about how i heard about mosseisley because it is really boring, but I guess i will anyway..

ok, so, this summer I was hanging out at the official radiohead message board and someone said something about listening to a band, I can't remember what was said, but I asked which band, and where I could find their music. The person gave me a link to the mosseisley website, and I went straight to the music section, where I listened to a few songs. I have been hooked ever since, and it's all because i'm a dorky internet junkie.. heh.. which is kind of pathetic if you think about it, but.. errmm oh well I'll get a real life one of these days.. Smile

Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1640 | Location: California....
Iamthewalrus
Sea Post King

I happen to see them accidentally at MARS music in Plano
Andrew
Lost at Forum

I had met Boyd before I first saw the band. He probably dosent even remember I went to go see superchick but missed an interestingly named group known as Moss Eisley. Well I said hi to him gave him a shake and went on my way. Then a few months later I went to the spin 180 awards it seemed cool and then I saw Moss Eisley was going to play and said to Jim (these were my exact words) "Hey Jim that star wars band is playing lets go and watch" well we did and it was cool so we went to more shows and more and more untill we drilled our names and faces into there heads, except not since the last show we went to was at club 412 but the saga will continue.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
spheric1
Sea Post King

Yeah, I made it to the last one, after being talked into it by you guys, gRegor, and some guy name Michael Pritzl. I was standing just a bit in front of Tim Taber. Now I wish I had seen the New Band stage show, but I was watching Cool Hand Luke, which started like way later than it was supposed to.

"Whoso knoweth himself well, is lowly in his own sight and
delighteth not in the praises of men." Thomas A' Kempis
Sea Post King

Ooopps! I thought the last post was going to be right after Boyd's post about Cornerstone, in case you were wondering what the heck I was talking about.

"Whoso knoweth himself well, is lowly in his own sight and
delighteth not in the praises of men." Thomas A' Kempis
Sea Post King

aah it was the great summer of 2000(the dates don't matter for atleast the tale is true) er something i was in the prime of my life i was just a young las. Pig-tales swinging(yah right!) first day of my churchs youth confrence everyone was going crazy with their new found freedom from school and such.
then we heard that a band was playing outside so we said what the hay it's the first day! we gathered our friends round and listend as the
bassless band cracked out there moving melodies. i got their old ep and listened to it for hours over and over again
they say Cds don't wear out *yah right!* and since that fateful day i've been a quiet fan. Come back and see us soon!!! Chauntelle sang great too! Ya'll Rock it hard!
-gilgamesh's cat

Ubernerd Moderator

dan kraft told me about the moss back in october 2001. i saw them at southcliff baptist church on new year's eve 2001 with my friends marion and rachel. we love the moss.
Bartman
Golly, Poster

I was reading through the messages on Jammin' Jim's gig guide or Classy Adzz weekly e-mail thing, and saw a blurb about MossEisley looking to book gigs, so I contacted them, they sent me a demo (EP #1), and I was instantly hooked! I've booked them 3 times since then, and about to have a 4th when they'll play at Falls Creek this spring (2003).
CHRIS~!

I read about them in Origin.
 |  | 
guitarstrummingpunk
Sea Post King

THE TRUTH

So I really don't know who this BOYD person is and all! Nor, do I know anything about a cornerstone?!?!?? All I know is the real "Gally Gee spheal of the truth"
Back in the day....that mean a long, long time ago kid-ohs! Whelp, I was just sitting around chillin' with these peeps called Dupreez.....ya well they were really bored and stuff and needed something SPIFFY like to respark their creative minds. They had tired a bunch of random stuff like working on a farm, painting fences, milking cows, ya know the stuff a Texan does when they get really bored. They were all pretty good at it and all. I remember once while Weston was milking cows and cathering the daily supply of chicken eggs so that Chauntelle and Sherri could make everybody some breakfast, the rooster had plum escaped from the chicken coop and they all had to run all around the farm trying to get that silly rooster back into the coop. Ya those were the crazy days, I tell you what. No seriously they were some crazy days. After about 3 years of being in the farmin' biz I was out on the porch widdling pieces of wood with Boyd and said, "Ya know Boyd you guys aught to try getting into the entertainment bizz, I mean after all this farmin' stuff is for the birds(birds is an English term for women but I don't really mean to say that farmin' is only for women. I just mean it's a really lame thing)". He said, "yep". I then said, "start a band and call it Mosseisley". He said, "Yep". Razz

TRUE STORY Exclamation

MeanGreen
Sea Post King

They appeared to me in a vission begging me to go to there show at Andys in Denton. I pleaded with them and said I don't like to try new things, but then they began to play me a nice melody and my dream ended, and the next week I found myself grooving to the Moss in a little town called Denton.... Anyway gota go now, important meeting at 7:30 Evil or Very Mad
boyd
Eisleyoid

The farm story is true...only it was Gnu's. I was chopping off Gnu's legs and selling them for the skins and claws.....reattaching robotic legs on the Gnu's and grazing them as yard bird cattle. Sherri and Chauntelle would go out in the Gnu coupe and chop off their legs for me....and we'd bring em to market in our Farm to Market Tripod 620. THAT was when I came up with the master plan to be a rich fat cat instead of a starving artist. I heard a Creed song on the radio and said to myself, "atz uh gud song, but ah bet mah dauders cud do 'at beddr-n-'ey cud" And you can see...it's payed off. I do nothing all day but this kind of stuff....WHY? because i CAN. I'm wealthy beyond measure, you silly low lifes. NURSE...NURSE!! hand my my Bliffida. NURSE!!!

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists