Laughing City
Mr. Jones
Sea Post King

last night my band played at the Curtain Club in dallas and in the backroom amongst the stickers of a couple hundred bands that had performed there, i found an Eisley sticker, shining out from the back wall. i don't mean to sound star struck, but i think i was, as i imagined Eisley walking out of the backroom and up the stairs and onto the stage. it was a welcoming feeling that eased my nerves. so then we walked out to play our "headlining" slot. I use quotation marks because no one had heard of any of the bands playing that night save for their dallas friends (which didn't help us because we're from waco) and we were playing at 12.15 on a wednesday night for about 10 people. Oh the trials of a young band...

anyway, i thought i should post that. i was so excited to see that sticker. i payed hommage to it as well, and anyone reading this who ever plays at the curtain club from this day forth will note my handwriting beneath the Eisley sticker there...
ptah
Sea Post King

hehe- I'll look for the writing under the sticker next time I'm back there.

Did Eisley ever headline there? I know they opened for a band (or two?) at Curtain Club, and they played at the Liquid Lounge (the club in the front part of the building that Curtain Club is in) - as documented by channel 33.
They should do a show at Curtain Club. Great sound & great lighting in that place...and they would pack that place.

P.

www.myspace.com/ptah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mere::surmise
Sea Post King

that's sweet dude!
{visuals}
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mr. Jones
Sea Post King

i know i saw something about them playing there at some point...i'm not sure when though
WeAreTheEggmen
Sea Post King

I remember a liquid lounge show.. the televisions were turned on some channel where someone was having surgery done as eisley played. it was really gross and creepy (the tv show, not the band)..hehe
Joined: 21 Dec 2002 | Posts: 116 | Location: lawrence, kansas | dallas, texas
truckpoetry
Golly, Poster

Next time you play feel free to drop me a line - cameron@bandmecca.com - because a) I am in Waco every weekend, b) I am in Dallas during the week, and c) I am always checking out new bands. Then you can play to 11 people.

wicked about eisley stickers in the back Smile

cheers.
cameron

If you are IN a band, visit http://www.bandmecca.com/ to sell indie music merch, etc.
If you are THAT bored, visit http://www.truckpoetry.net/
OK, and now I've got http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=truckpoetry

-- "If you all can return to Venus, are you going back?"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger