Laughing City
juan
Lost at Forum

but thats what we've been told. all texans are totally cowboys, ride horse, or cows or goats in Boyds case and shoot things with a thing that shoots things. chew straw or tobacco as well.

is this really so far from the truth Wink

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
Firestarter17
Sea Post King

I wouldn't consider myself a cowgirl but I do own and raise 20+ head-o-cattle and ride horses *English not Western style but a horse is a horse, right?* so I guess I do kinda fit that "Texas hick" protype. But I don't mind. I've gotten used to it. In fact, I have been asked if us Texas folks actually ride our horses to school and if we wear shoes...sheesh. And my beloved Dubya *sigh* is as cowboy as they come! He owns a ranch out in Crawford wear he can play Cowboys and Indians all day when he takes his breaks from roundin' up them evil doers and O-sam-a Ben Lad-in *pronounced as he would say it*. Oh Texas, beloved Texas...the perfect place to be. So much country mixed with just enough of city life to make the world go 'round. Smile

My brand spankin' new xanga! http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=matchbox17

~Madi
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Sterotyping happens ... it just bugs me sometimes when it seems like the only sterotype that is condoned is the "Texans are mindless hicks" thing. I know that's not correct, it just gets old from time to time. Even hicks aren't mindless. I've met some pretty smart "hicks." And I hope we all get to visit our respecitve states/nations at some point. The more we travel and learn, the more we understand what makes us tick . I really, really want to hop across the pond and see what it's really like over there ... some day...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ali
since 1979

it's so funny. i met these mancurian (sp? i think that means they're from manchester, uk) girls in spain a few years ago, and all they wanted me to do was "talk texan" to them. i had been hanging out with my english cousin for months, and by that time i was being mistaken for a brit. so i was like "umm.. howdy, y'all?" they giggled and thought it was great. and they asked me (in all seriousness) do we all ride horses to school. and they were singing the theme song from 'dallas'.

being from texas is great.

tmdrums17
Sea Post King

Mr Kuz wrote:
I'd like to apologize to anyone who took offence to my remakes about "the cowboy" a.k.a Bush jr. Its just in Britain thats what we see him as. Again SORRY. Not all people from Texas are cowboys, or girls. And it just shows my ignorance. Err im sorry, only i can make enemies on a forum within 2 days of joining it...

When i was in Ireland chatting it up with an irish lass a few years ago at some amazing outdoor mall, i recieved this query:

[Beautiful Irish Female Accent]"Arizona? I thought it was just cowboys and indians out there?"[/Beautiful Irish Female Accent]"

She was serious too. I laughed my face off. I would have married her on the spot.

I think she wanted me too. I kissed the Blarney Stone the day before.

kelly
Golly, Poster

tmdrums17 wrote:
When i was in Ireland chatting it up with an irish lass a few years ago at some amazing outdoor mall, i recieved this query:

[Beautiful Irish Female Accent]"Arizona? I thought it was just cowboys and indians out there?"[/Beautiful Irish Female Accent]"

She was serious too. I laughed my face off. I would have married her on the spot.

I think she wanted me too. I kissed the Blarney Stone the day before.

that is one of the greatest stories. Razz

iLivejournal

VirbAGE
sometimes i make things to look at
Joined: 31 Oct 2003 | Posts: 860 | Location: orlando, florida
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mr Kuz
Golly, Poster

5 Things I like about Texas:

1: The way u guys talk.
2: Dallas (the tv progamme)
3: The theme tune to Dallas.
4: The fact that u can wear a cowboys outfit
and not be mistaken for someone out of the
village people.
5: Bush Jr, he might be carzy, but funny as hell.
Joined: 31 Oct 2003 | Posts: 945 | Location: West Bromwichshire, Englandshire.
dmont01
Golly, Poster

5 things I like about texas:

1. horses
2. tumbleweed
3. cowboys and indians
4. snowless winters
5. eisley
Mr Kuz
Golly, Poster

The sixth I like about texas is:

6. Eisley
Joined: 31 Oct 2003 | Posts: 945 | Location: West Bromwichshire, Englandshire.
dpwrchick
Sea Post King

hah , this is a funny post. it makes me laugh when people think evrything in texas is about cowboys. although there is some truth to it I guess. i mean I do have quite the southern accent. i get made fun of for it, on a daily basis, by other people here in Texas, so it's probably pretty bad!
and i do have to say that I do enjoy a good country song , now and then. Esp the older stuff. it's in my roots, i think. But i don't have any horses or cows, and i have never owned a pair of boots in my life. I did wear rockies some in middle school, becasue i had some "roper " friends, who wanted me to dress up for a picture withthem. back when Garth Brooks, was the coolest guy on the radio... haha fun stuff!
but i do love Texas, and am glad that I call it home!

dmont01
Golly, Poster

i think some of us texans should extend an open invitation to our british friends on the board, juan and mr. kuz, and the various others that lurk around. if you're ever in town, come visit us. we'd be glad to take you on a tour of texas, a four day tour that is, to cover all the corners. we promise you a good time.
now, who's with me?
ali
since 1979

i got the austin part of the tour covered Smile
dmont01
Golly, Poster

well, i've got houston and college station. and nasa area.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I can handle the East Texas leg. Including the celebrity tour-esque drive by of Eisleyland. Very Happy

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
juan
Lost at Forum

well if i'm ever in town (texas sure is a big town though Wink) then i'll be sure to drop y'all a line.

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north