Laughing City
normal person
Sea Post King

Woohoo, 1 more week from just about right now and I'll be on my way down to the 9:30 club! Very Happy I can't wait. Should be a lot more fun than the last 9:30 show.

Oh, and guys, if you see someone nodding off, it's probably just me. Give me a nudge, ok? I'll be at the 9:30 club Sat. night, Iota on Sun. night, then here on Mon. I may be dragging a bit. I'm definetely going to need Tuesday off from work.

See you all then!
Igaveflowerstostacy
Golly, Poster

my first time to go to dc, I'm excited, i've been to almost every major city in the us except for d.c., I'm leaving in a couple of days to stay with my brother, and i have a tour of the city.
eeek! I can't wait.

"I was on tour in the United States back in '89 and we did a show in Cincinnati. During that show I shouted out, 'It's great to be in Cincinnati!' That was a lie."
-David Bowie
Joined: 17 Mar 2005 | Posts: 649 | Location: Gotham City, Tennessee
ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

Igaveflowerstostacy wrote:
my first time to go to dc, I'm excited, i've been to almost every major city in the us except for d.c.,

i see that you've saved the best for last!

i'm definitely stoked for this show. i'd like to head up to the cambridge show on saturday, but that depends totally on granpa turtle, that jerk. either way, i'll be seeing sleepytime gorilla museum on friday and medications on sunday at the black cat, then pilotdrift will be on wmuc monday, so it should be a long weekend of cool music.
ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

oh and i should add that it will be a weekend of plenty of jumbo slices too
livewirerach
Sea Post King

ryan fisher wrote:
Igaveflowerstostacy wrote:
my first time to go to dc, I'm excited, i've been to almost every major city in the us except for d.c.,

i see that you've saved the best for last!

i'm definitely stoked for this show. i'd like to head up to the cambridge show on saturday, but that depends totally on granpa turtle, that jerk. either way, i'll be seeing sleepytime gorilla museum on friday and medications on sunday at the black cat, then pilotdrift will be on wmuc monday, so it should be a long weekend of cool music.

do you like medications a lot? i've heard good things about them, but really just from one dude who is persistent, but have never seen them (surprisingly). i just wanted a little more feedback on them.

i'll be working at 9:30 thursday and sunday, and going to the shows saturday and monday....sheesh. at least i'm not working all of them...

ladiosadice
Lost at Forum

livewirerach wrote:

i'll be working at 9:30 thursday and sunday, and going to the shows saturday and monday....sheesh. at least i'm not working all of them...

You're working on Thursday? I will be at the Ted Leo show Thursday! If I knew what you looked like, I would come say hi. Very Happy
And I really want to go to the Sleater-Kinney show Saturday. Have fun!

And I swear in that moment we were infinite
BLOG l FLICKR
normal person
Sea Post King

livewirerach wrote:

Just curious, regarding the Sat. show. Have you ever seen Sleater-Kinney before? This will be my 1st show of theirs. I'm actually looking forward to seeing Dead Meadow. They're one of my friends on MySpace, and they sound great. Takes me back a few years. Very Happy

Sorry for going off topic here guys. Don't get mad.
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

I just realized that I miss granpaturtle. Sad

Come back and show us more photos of Boyd in your cell phone address book

livewirerach
Sea Post King

normal person wrote:
livewirerach wrote:

Just curious, regarding the Sat. show. Have you ever seen Sleater-Kinney before? This will be my 1st show of theirs. I'm actually looking forward to seeing Dead Meadow. They're one of my friends on MySpace, and they sound great. Takes me back a few years. Very Happy

Sorry for going off topic here guys. Don't get mad.

I've never seen Sleater-Kinney before, a friend of mine really wanted to go and asked me if I would go with her. BUT to both you and ladiosadice - i heard SK is almost sold out, so if you haven't gotten tickets yet, get them soon! Eisley is not doing bad presale-wise for a band that has never headlined DC before, but you could definitely get tickets for them at the door if need be.

And for the Ted Leo show I'll be in the parking lot out back...just come by and ask for Rachel =).

ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

livewirerach wrote:
do you like medications a lot? i've heard good things about them, but really just from one dude who is persistent, but have never seen them (surprisingly). i just wanted a little more feedback on them.

yeah, i'm really into them. my first exposure was seeing them opening for hoover and they really impressed me. i missed seeing them headline at warehouse next door awhile back because i had already bought tickets for trail of dead at the black cat the same night, so i definitely don't want to miss them this time.
Igaveflowerstostacy
Golly, Poster

Hey folks, I'm not going to be able to make it to the D.C. show this monday.
ya'll have a fun time

"I was on tour in the United States back in '89 and we did a show in Cincinnati. During that show I shouted out, 'It's great to be in Cincinnati!' That was a lie."
-David Bowie
Joined: 17 Mar 2005 | Posts: 649 | Location: Gotham City, Tennessee
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

EisleyForever wrote:
I just realized that I miss granpaturtle. Sad

Come back and show us more photos of Boyd in your cell phone address book

he's second on the list now, Becca Scott claims top slot

ooh la la

The Ryan
Sea Post King

Does anyone know if you can bring digital cameras to the 9:30 club? I hope so. Also, is it worth it bringing an LP to get signed? Since they are headlining I wasnt sure if they will be signing a lot of autographs. that and i would have to hold it during the concert.

Can't wait for monday night...

livewirerach
Sea Post King

The Ryan wrote:
Does anyone know if you can bring digital cameras to the 9:30 club? I hope so. Also, is it worth it bringing an LP to get signed? Since they are headlining I wasnt sure if they will be signing a lot of autographs. that and i would have to hold it during the concert.

Can't wait for monday night...

depends on the band - and boyd said it's alright - so it should be alright. if nothing else, they'll hold on to it for the night if it's not allowed.

<< prev | goto page