11%  [ 12 ]
I have tried them once.
9%
 9%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 109

jdstories
Vintage Newbie

-Samara- wrote:

well...kids might assume that thats what pot taste like. so they dont hesitate to try the real thing, assuming its tasty as the lolly.
maybe not a ban, but rather an over 18 purchase etc.

Most humorous! I have never heard of anyone having a crisis of conscience over the taste of pot before! Laughing Good one!

JD

kung fu
Lost at Forum

I drink quite a bit...students do that and I'm english and female which according to the papers make me a statistic...I smoke now and again and have dabbled in herble drugs, such as weed and mushrooms, but wont do them again, they are pointless.

MY SPACE
Joined: 13 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1236 | Location: England/Canada
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

kung fu wrote:
they are pointless.

Says you.

JD

avalon5
Sea Post King

ive eaten shrooms, smoke pot from time to time, among a few others. nothing serious. and i like them a lot. and it doesnt make me a bad or silly person either.
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

avalon5 wrote:
ive eaten shrooms, smoke pot from time to time, among a few others. nothing serious. and i like them a lot. and it doesnt make me a bad or silly person either.

Around here, I think that depends on who you ask. But hey, you're alright by me.

JD

breader
Sea Post King

never, notta, no thanks
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

[quote="jdstories"]
avalon5 wrote:
Around here, I think that depends on who you ask. But hey, you're alright by me.

JD

I hope he is fine by everyone. People may disagree with his actions, but the fact is, he could probably find something they have done that he disagrees with, or sees as wrong. So, really, I hope no one would look down at or judge him for this. That would be bad and silly.
Paranoid Android v2.0
Vintage Newbie

Quote:

Not a bad person necessarily, though your choice of recrestional habits is wretched.

This is MYSPACE
Gee, Blog
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 | Posts: 4250 | Location: Up here in Connecticut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Paranoid Android v2.0 wrote:
though your choice of recrestional habits is wretched.

Says you.

JD

avalon5
Sea Post King

see, this is what i dont understand. if you have a problem with them, dont do them. and if you dont have a problem with them, then do it. i think its presumptious to reserve judgement on anyone for this kind of decision, because its their personal choice on the matter. i dont think i have to justify all of my actions, because if im ok with them, that is good enough for me. which is why i dont poke into other people about thier decisions because i dont think everything a person does has to be my business.

and they arent my only recreational activities. i would never be able to afford that.

lostjeremy
Sea Post King

It is personal choice but it DOES affect others and society as a whole. If you read my previous post then you know Im not just someone talking out their ass. Ive been thru it all.
After going thru choke rehabs and a few overnighters I can tell you I have learned a lot.
Drug use effects the economy and everyones pocketbooks.
When someone calls in sick to work cause there hung over or strung out, who pays?
When a baby is born with drugs in its system and CPS has to find foster family, who pays?
Who pays for the jails?
Who pays for the treatment centers.
You pay, I pay, we all pay.

So you use and you say Im not an addict and I dont have to do the drugs then why do you do them? That no make sense to me. I was an addict and depended on them physically and mentally. Ive lost almost 1/4 of my brain due to ice use. If you see my brain in a scan there are portions where blood isnt flowing where it should be.
I did drugs for well over a decade and for about 9 years was almost daily and this time a couple years ago Id guarantee Id be dead by now, no doubt.
Its all who you hang out with and your personality. All I hung out with were tweakers. I am an introverted unconfident person so the ice made me an extrovert w/ 100% self confidence.
People are saying all I do is smoke the dank and go picking out in the cow fields. Heard that story a million times in rehabs and they moved on up to harder things when just 1 of their friends started then all of the group of friends got into it. Then people say yeah yeah thats not me brah I can handle. All I say is bull $#@!. Thats what my dad said then couple years later now hes in jail for manufacturing and distribution.
Now I been drug free going close to 2 years. Making good money legally, about to buy a new house out on the lake, going to grad college in a year or 2. My new addiction is wakeboarding.
Find something else to get addicted to. And I dont mean the damn internet. That crap makes you even more introverted even thopugh you may "chat" w/ folks online its not personal contact. I use to be on internet plenty. Now just a few hours a day - a couple to run my businesses and a little time for my online classes. I print all that stuff and go outside and do my homework. Amazing how good the sun makes you feel even if it is 110 and humid. Buy a kiddie pool. I sit in mine and read outside sometimes.
Go outside. Get a mountain bike. Go start running. Go to a church that has activities.
Well enough rambling but anyway my point is F|_|CK DRUGS!
Joined: 09 Aug 2004 | Posts: 189 | Location: Tyler, TX & Mililani, HI
unclearlies
Vintage Newbie

that's a very moving example....I agree with your last statement...
ijustpeedalittle
Sea Post King

jdstories wrote:
kung fu wrote:
they are pointless.

Says you.

JD

i would like someone to be able to post their opinion without a reply like this....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

lostjeremy wrote:

So you use and you say Im not an addict and I dont have to do the drugs then why do you do them? That no make sense to me. I was an addict and depended on them physically and mentally.

I appreciate the fact that you had problems with drugs, and I can see why you no longer partake. If I were you I would have quit also. However, most of us are not you. Anything that is potentially psychosomatically addictive requires that people have a certain amount of self-control before they partake, and physiologically addictive drugs should not be used by anyone. However, I do not believe the latter is what most people are talking about when they speak of their own drug use. People that can handle drugs do them for recreation. People do lots of things for recreation that aren't necessary. People that can't handle drugs get addicted. What people don't understand is that we regularly avoid that sort of addiction from other sources, such as sugar and caffeine. Don't think for a minute that caffeine doesn't alter your body chemistry the same way other drugs do, but it will never gets persecuted quite like drug use does, even though it is physiologically addictive.

JD

jdstories
Vintage Newbie

ijustpeedalittle wrote:
jdstories wrote:
kung fu wrote:
they are pointless.

Says you.

JD

i would like someone to be able to post their opinion without a reply like this....

Interesting sentiment. Lots of opinions have been posted in this thread that have not been replied to in such a manner. However, they were all presented as opinions, and not as facts.

JD

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>