Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

TRUE THANKS
Can I just say... (in a profound, emotional way - i wish)) that we're truly, truly thankful. You don't know how thankful we are that you guys continue to pour out your love, your limited dollars, your encouragement, etc. on us. I'm not a band member but I can say us in this context, because i think i am the recipient of as many kind words and encouragement as any of those Eisley's. I keep thinking... and possibly knowing that eventually, everyone will get bored with this thing... and stop supporting it. It may be 2 years or 5 or 10... I dunno.

Eventually, there has to be more than just you faithful or... it will drift out of the label's concern, tours will subside, records will trail off and eisley will be at a crossroads... That's not happening now, so it's not a concern. In a way, it's only the beginning; I don't know what I'm saying really.

On Change
I know things never stay the same. That's the one thing about life I am certain of... things change. Life changes people. People change music, trends rush in and suck the life out of yesterday's ideas...inspirations... People enter new realms, tastes, challenges... from high school to college to the workplace to marriage to family... ideas, values, likes, dislikes... change. Everything is in flux. That's life...

All that to say, as things change... as you change, as Eisley changes... I hope we can endure; keep our strange relationship entact... i don't know if it's possible... or how the future will change us all... but, I'm thanking you now for how wonderful you all have been to this band.

I might have more to say on this subject soon. Thanks. Gotta get on the road to Charlotte. boyd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Last edited by boyd on Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

Awe Boyd, you're just a big ol' softie. <3
It's not hard to give love, dollars and encouragment to a band we all know deserves it.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
PeterTimesTwo
Sea Post King

yes yes, we love you.
We're like one big happy family. Or, neighborhood.
wow, that just reminded me of Mr Rogers Smile

Peter is the Dolphin
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

whenever i see eisley live there's a vibe or feeling hanging in the air that there's more going on then just a band playing. maybe it's just the bond you feel with the other fans, i can't really put my finger on it, but the point is i've never felt that at any other show. the more eisley grows and explores and changes the stronger that vibe is going to be.

as for thanks, start counting the number of people that you know of who's lives have been deeply changed by eisley. Then, when you get tired of counting, multiply that by a 100 for everyone you don't know. Believe me, the thanks are due from our (the fan's) side of the table.

Silvestre
Golly, Poster

you are so welcome, Boyd! I'd like to thank all of you guys too for bringing THE music to us. You guys have been great!
Sea Post King

as i've said before... in PM's that you've prolly not had time to get to yet (can't blame ya)...

you guys have got something special...

no other band has elicited such a response from me... heck, this sunday, i'll be spending a lot of the time in my car so that i can pack in two eisley shows...

cleveland and chicago... nowhere in comparison to the 29 hours across three days last month...

but still, anyway... thank you for the thank you...

hopefully we can chat this weekend... i'll be there sunday and monday

Joined: 10 Apr 2005 | Posts: 341 | Location: Tinley Park, IL
ComePartMental
Sea Post King

aww. i must say, i've never seen a fan community quite like eisley's before and I think that has a lot to do with boyd.

livejournal\\

//deviantart
Joined: 11 Sep 2004 | Posts: 99 | Location: Bridgewater, Ma
crypticomnius
Golly, Poster

its all one of those you scratch my back i'll scrath yours things...only i this case its...you be amazing at what you do and i will suport you...but we all love this band and will go to extremes to suport it!!!

with much love....kole
<3<3<3<3
the_Tralalas
Sea Post King

awww....
i love eisley and boyd!!
and other eisley fans
they are all so nice!!!!

Clark
Vintage Newbie

There is no other band like Eisley. There will be no other band like Eisley. The kind of 'vibe' that they put out is something.... i'm not even sure... no other band has it. It's weird. But it's incredible. Everything we've given to the band cannot even be compared to what they've given to us. So no, thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
musicislove
Golly, Poster

Clark wrote:
There is no other band like Eisley. There will be no other band like Eisley. The kind of 'vibe' that they put out is something.... i'm not even sure... no other band has it. It's weird. But it's incredible. Everything we've given to the band cannot even be compared to what they've given to us. So no, thank you.

amen brother!

hi www.myspace.com/musicislove
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 | Posts: 611 | Location: rice lake, wisconsin
thedayisblue
Sea Post King

chasd00 wrote:
whenever i see eisley live there's a vibe or feeling hanging in the air that there's more going on then just a band playing. maybe it's just the bond you feel with the other fans, i can't really put my finger on it, but the point is i've never felt that at any other show. the more eisley grows and explores and changes the stronger that vibe is going to be.

as for thanks, start counting the number of people that you know of who's lives have been deeply changed by eisley. Then, when you get tired of counting, multiply that by a 100 for everyone you don't know. Believe me, the thanks are due from our (the fan's) side of the table.

I agree with Chad here... There's just "something else" about Eisley that draws people to them, aside from their great music.

I can honestly say, I've been a music-lover all my life, but I have never been so passionate about or so drawn to a band as I have Eisley. I've only been a fan for barely over a week and already I'm flying 2,000 miles from Missouri to California to catch of their last shows on this tour. Not once have I ever been so determined to see a band in my life, and yeah, some people just might call me crazy! But I call it something else... and I'll let you know exactly what that is as soon as I figure out it out... lol

But anyway, the whole point I'm trying to get at here, is that Eisley has obviously been blessed with great musical talent, and a great family bond that, in turn, actually brings it's fanbase together to form a bond I've never had with any other fan of any other band. And that's just amazing to me.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that Eisley has literally changed my life, and I can't wait to see what happens from here...

Very Happy
Joined: 12 Jul 2005 | Posts: 96 | Location: Orange County, CA
crypticomnius
Golly, Poster

thedayisblue wrote:
chasd00 wrote:

I agree with Chad here... There's just "something else" about Eisley that draws people to them, aside from their great music.

I can honestly say, I've been a music-lover all my life, but I have never been so passionate about or so drawn to a band as I have Eisley. I've only been a fan for barely over a week and already I'm flying 2,000 miles from Missouri to California to catch of their last shows on this tour. Not once have I ever been so determined to see a band in my life, and yeah, some people just might call me crazy! But I call it something else... and I'll let you know exactly what that is as soon as I figure out it out... lol

But anyway, the whole point I'm trying to get at here, is that Eisley has obviously been blessed with great musical talent, and a great family bond that, in turn, actually brings it's fanbase together to form a bond I've never had with any other fan of any other band. And that's just amazing to me.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that Eisley has literally changed my life, and I can't wait to see what happens from here...

Very Happy

yeah i call you crazy...just kidding... i just wish i could do that...my mom wont let me go anywhere Evil or Very Mad
Super_Dave
Golly, Poster

thedayisblue wrote:
chasd00 wrote:

Very Happy

I agree with you man. I've never been this way towards any other band before. I always love listening to their music. Don't worry if people call you crazy. I once drove 8 hours to go see them Cool It was worth the drive let me tell you that. Thanx Eisley

"Speak when you are angry - and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret"

www.purevolume.com/247
Joined: 18 Oct 2004 | Posts: 618 | Location: San Antonio, TX
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
clues
Sea Post King

love love love love love!!