Laughing City
LeslieAnnLevine
Lost at Forum

Bartman wrote:
How can there be a Christian Bookstore? Is the store going to die and go to heaven some day?

Anyway, for those who don't like "Christianity", I hope you are not basing your descision on what you see on TV. Those TV evangelists are an embarrassment to real Christians. Also, there are tons of people who also call themselves Christian, but really are not, and give Christianity a bad name. And of course, there are some who I guess may truely be Christian, but are not acting very Christ-like. I think if you really examined what Christianity is SUPPOSED to be, you really wouldn't have a problem with it.

Example: if I told you Chevrolet was the best cars, but the only examples I showed you were ones in junk yards, you probably wouldn't like Chevy either. But again, this is NOT how they're supposed to be. You'll never ever find a Christian who always acts like a Christian should.

A "Christian Bookstore" is a store that specializes in selling books by Christian authors. ?? It is what it sounds like. The one close to us also has little knick-knacks, and whatnot.
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 | Posts: 1219 | Location: here, there, everywhere.
ready2flywww
Sea Post King

vivalaspopie wrote:
ready2flywww wrote:
Lantz wrote:
LeslieAnnLevine wrote:
Lantz wrote:
Eisley specifically said they are not a Christian band; if they were i'd have to kill myself. But even biased stores cheat and sell nonrelating products to make a profit.

and, not to be ranting or anything, but the fact that there is actually a Christian store makes me want to puke.
Do you mean that in a way that someone would profit off of Christianity, or are you just repulsed by the idea of Christianity?

profit. its one reason i became an aetheist. started to notice a lot of corruption around me.

WOW...whoa...you must be a very confident person to deny the existence of a divine deity...

hey, now. it looks like you're kind of new. have you read the rules? this could be borderline offensive, possibly more depending on who you're talking to. but welcome to the boards, anyhow.

Heya! thanks for the welcome ~_^
Well...I'm sorry...I honestly wasn't trying to be offensive at all. I wasn't even trying to be sarcastic, or funny...I was just being serious. One must be very confident in one's self to have the guts to say there is no deity. Everything just happens, for no apparent reason...there's no guidance...no signs. Everything is just coincidence. Nothing has a purpose. What's the point in living? Once again...not trying to be offensive. Just honest in my opinion.
Much Love

Glinda - "I couldn't be happier. Simply couldn't be happier. Well, not simply. 'Cuase getting your dreams, strange but it seems, a little, well, complicated. There's a kind of a sorta cost. There's a couple of things get lost. There are bridges you cross you didn't know you had crossed until they're crossed.
ready2flywww
Sea Post King

LeslieAnnLevine wrote:
Bartman wrote:
How can there be a Christian Bookstore? Is the store going to die and go to heaven some day?

Anyway, for those who don't like "Christianity", I hope you are not basing your descision on what you see on TV. Those TV evangelists are an embarrassment to real Christians. Also, there are tons of people who also call themselves Christian, but really are not, and give Christianity a bad name. And of course, there are some who I guess may truely be Christian, but are not acting very Christ-like. I think if you really examined what Christianity is SUPPOSED to be, you really wouldn't have a problem with it.

Example: if I told you Chevrolet was the best cars, but the only examples I showed you were ones in junk yards, you probably wouldn't like Chevy either. But again, this is NOT how they're supposed to be. You'll never ever find a Christian who always acts like a Christian should.

A "Christian Bookstore" is a store that specializes in selling books by Christian authors. ?? It is what it sounds like. The one close to us also has little knick-knacks, and whatnot.

Yeah...as far as I know...anyone is welcome in a "christian bookstore". It's not like they discriminate or anything. For the same reason there are "asian stores"...or "wicca shops"...it's to find things that relate to your culture...your religion...your personal beliefs...
~_^

Glinda - "I couldn't be happier. Simply couldn't be happier. Well, not simply. 'Cuase getting your dreams, strange but it seems, a little, well, complicated. There's a kind of a sorta cost. There's a couple of things get lost. There are bridges you cross you didn't know you had crossed until they're crossed.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

ready2flywww wrote:
LeslieAnnLevine wrote:
Bartman wrote:

Yeah...as far as I know...anyone is welcome in a "christian bookstore". It's not like they discriminate or anything. For the same reason there are "asian stores"...or "wicca shops"...it's to find things that relate to your culture...your religion...your personal beliefs...
~_^

It's a convenient place to shop if you want every copy of Veggie Tales ever made in one place. You don't have to pass a christian test to get in the door.
Odan
Laughing Citizen

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:

It's a convenient place to shop if you want every copy of Veggie Tales ever made in one place. You don't have to pass a christian test to get in the door.

LOVE Veggie Tales ^^...i get one dvd for my brother every christmas and on his birthday...

...we're not religious but i don't think we have to be to enjoy a wonderful cartoon! ^^ or anything for that matter =)

ready2flywww
Sea Post King

Odan wrote:

LOVE Veggie Tales ^^...i get one dvd for my brother every christmas and on his birthday...

...we're not religious but i don't think we have to be to enjoy a wonderful cartoon! ^^ or anything for that matter =)

haha my favorite part on all the dvd's are the Larry's Silly Song segments! lol. "She had a beard and it felt weird, she had a beard!"

Odan
Laughing Citizen

yup! ^____^

we have the ultimate silly songs countdown on dvd!! =D AWESOME!!

dannychair
Golly, Poster

ready2flywww wrote:
One must be very confident in one's self to have the guts to say there is no deity. Everything just happens, for no apparent reason...there's no guidance...no signs. Everything is just coincidence. Nothing has a purpose. What's the point in living?

To further the species. And, in attempt to keep this thread on topic, to listen to Eisley. Smile

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

ready2flywww wrote:
Odan wrote:

haha my favorite part on all the dvd's are the Larry's Silly Song segments! lol. "She had a beard and it felt weird, she had a beard!"

Where is my hairbrush??? Oh where is my hairbrush????
ready2flywww
Sea Post King

ready2flywww wrote:
Odan wrote:

Where is my hairbrush??? Oh where is my hairbrush????

oh where, oh where, oh where, oh where, oh where, oh where, oh wheeeeeeeerrrrrrreeeee....................
IS MY HAIR BRUSH!?!?

ready2flywww
Sea Post King

dannychair wrote:
ready2flywww wrote:
One must be very confident in one's self to have the guts to say there is no deity. Everything just happens, for no apparent reason...there's no guidance...no signs. Everything is just coincidence. Nothing has a purpose. What's the point in living?

To further the species. And, in attempt to keep this thread on topic, to listen to Eisley. Smile

Okay...sorry for going SO off topic (though I wasn't the one who initiated it)...
What's the point in "furthering the species" if there's nothing to look forward to in the afterlife?
Who's to say I can't take this thread OFF TOPIC if there's no "powerful someone" telling me "no"...
In the FAQ section of the Eisley site, one of the members said that she believes they (the band) were given the musical/writing talents they have from God.

boyd
Eisleyoid

hey bartman. i remember you. wuts up?

well, i can't deal on this subject; ha ha; I'd make everyone mad.
But, I will say this about that:

wwjd?

(...i'm joking) "hey, hand me one of those "God hates people who
cuss" bumper stickers... oh, and do you have any of those $200
pre-fab Christian landscape paintings left? (what's a Christian land
scape painting? Would a "secular" landscape painting have cloudy
skies or graffitti carved into the tree? Smile)..."OH, and I need someone
in the music department to help me... I'm a soccer mom and i need
some me-too music; something that sounds like Christian
Snoop Dog."

on a different note: Mae, a Tooth n Nail band, got signed up to
Capital Records which is very cool.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:

Seriously? All the touring with Yellowcard makes sense now. Congrats to Mae.

loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:

that's pretty cool. are they the first to go major or something? i don't keep track.

probably not. lovedrug released their first EP on T&N, and they are on columbia now. i'm sure there are more.
Ihadanepiphany
Sea Post King

[quote="Lantz"]
Quote:

did i not just say that that was only one reason? i believe in evolution and logic, as in: there is a logical reason for everything.

dang people; dont throw my words out of proportion.

C.S. Lewis was an atheist for many years or at least had many atheistic tendancies. His mentor Kirkpatrick added to his atheism. It was only after the guidance of J.R.R. Tolkien and George Barfield(The inklings) that Lewis was lead, through reason and logic, to believe that there truly is a God. Lewis claims his belief through this reason and logic not by some huge emotional experience. I fear that this is the problem with most of Christian society today. Many Christians claim the faith because of one huge emotional experience that made them feel as though they should serve God, but they may not truly understand His existance and power. The greateast argument for God is perhaps "general revelation" which basically mean you can't go outside and really look at nature and you still believe that it all happened because of some random combination of molecules and particals. There has to be a creator. This creator is not just anyone or some random distant being, but a loving God who is intimately involved with His creation. God could have made the world black and white. He could have taken all aesthetic qualities away, but he chose to let us enjoy the beauty of His creation because His purpose in creating us was so He could live in communion and fellowship with us. Yes aesthetics can fill you with an emotional feeling and that is the point, but be challenged to test your faith whether you are Christian or atheist or whatever. Be challenged to test your faith through reason and logic not just by an emotional high.