Laughing City
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

...at an actual store!

I mean maybe it's not that big of a deal, but everytime I look in a record store I browse the "E"s even though I already have the Room Noises album. You know just in case. But I never guessed I'd still find the EPs anywhere. That's why I bought them online weeks ago. However I was just in Borders in middle-of-nowhere USA and totally found the Laughing City EP. Needless to say I bought it, even though techncally I already have it. I knew I was an Eisley fanatic, but I guess this just proved it!

Sorry if this is stupid, I just was excited.
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

I always look for the EP's when I'm in a music store, but I never find them Sad
jonthewallflower
Laughing Citizen

man, that makes me remember to january 2004 when i was a junior in high school and found both EPs while on a debate trip to NYC...it was love and has been ever since....sigh...
unclearlies
Vintage Newbie

Yeah I found 2 copies of the Laughing City EP in a Christian Bookstore last year...I bought a copy and my friend did the same...woo woo
Connie
Golly, Poster

I found the Laughing City EP at Tower Records.

The funny thing is, I went there to buy the Room Noises cd and ended up buying both. It was the last Laughing City EP on the shelf too! Wink

Sea Post King

Connie wrote:
I found the Laughing City EP at Tower Records.

The funny thing is, I went there to buy the Room Noises cd and ended up buying both. It was the last Laughing City EP on the shelf too! Wink

your sig is mesmorizing.

anyways...i haven't seen the laughing city ep anywhere near me, so i finally just bought it off eBay a few days ago!
Joined: 27 Jan 2006 | Posts: 88 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta
ImmoralImmortal
Golly, Poster

Oh gosh!

This made me think back at my Eisley EP experience.
It was long ago actually, and I was searching near and far for the eps but they were all sold out. I couldn't imagine why Razz

Anyway, I went to Best Buy and asked for it. They searched in the comp and they said they had ONE Marvelous Things in stock, and I went to where the person said it was, and it WASN'T THERE!

I was so sad and mad and I was about to walk away sadly when some guy came up next to where I was standing. He was browsing around looking for cds and he lifted up a cd and right behind it was MARVELOUS THINGS!!

It was like...destiny! haha
Awesomeness.

I ended up getting Laughing City not too long after that, but that was one of my happiest moments in my Eisley memories. lol

~ Ramón ~
Joined: 05 Apr 2004 | Posts: 508 | Location: Carson, California
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
horizongirl
Sea Post King

I went to a store to buy their CD, but I couldn't find Room Noises so I'm like "I'll just buy this EP, then" and it was Laughing City. I STILL can't find Room Noises anywhere though. I'm probably the only Eisley fan that owns the Laughing City EP but not their full-length CD ....
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

lucky, i always try to look for the Room Noises CD and all the other EP's but i can never find them anywhere. why do these huge stores like Wal-Mart or Target not sell them, that's so retarted. so i have to get them online and that takes forever. Sad
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I probably should have picked up another copy of Laughing City ... oh well. My one is enough. I have like three copies of Marvelous Things. Confused But that is: 1) The prerelease from the tour 2) the iTunes release and 3) the out-of-register version. Hm, I technically don't have a "normal" copy of it.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ImmoralImmortal
Golly, Poster

lonelynation3 wrote:
lucky, i always try to look for the Room Noises CD and all the other EP's but i can never find them anywhere. why do these huge stores like Wal-Mart or Target not sell them, that's so retarted. so i have to get them online and that takes forever. Sad

psst...Wal-mart is evil. Don't shop there Razz

~ Ramón ~
Joined: 05 Apr 2004 | Posts: 508 | Location: Carson, California
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CaughtOnFilm
Laughing Citizen

haha i have like 2 copies of Marvy Things and 3 of Laughing City

Hi, My Name is Allison, and I'm a compulsive Eisley EP buyer.....

www.imahuman.tumblr.com
www.isitreallysostrange.wordpress.com
[i spend too much time on the internet, apparently.]

treetops12
Vintage Newbie

They had one copy of Laughing City used on Amazon and I just bought it Very Happy
I got Marvelous Things from there a year ago.

lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

ImmoralImmortal wrote:
lonelynation3 wrote:

psst...Wal-mart is evil. Don't shop there Razz

i know, i hate it there. but when my parents force me to go with them, i have no choice so i always check to see if they have any of the EP's there.

Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Yay for happy Eisley music finding! When I bought that yesterday i was just thinking of when the next one comes out (like next year Razz.....well the end of this year), I think I may have to be one of those people waiting at the door as soon as the store opens to buy it! Wink

And about finding Room Noises. I dunno, Wal-Mart is stupid, I'd say try going to to a multimedia store like Best Buy or Circuit City (or Borders as I found out!) to find it. I always find copies of Room Noises at Best Buy.