Laughing City
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

GlamxIndie wrote:
I can easily relate to you. Ever since I was five years old i've wanted to be in a band or be a solo artist, and i've been singing since I could talk. Since then, i've been very determined to get somewhere. Eisley is truly inspiring to me musically and vocally. I'm only fifteen years old, but I really do feel like I could possibly get somewhere, but this is obviously going to take some time. I'm in the same situation with being tired of dreaming, and wanting to start doing something, but I have no idea where to start.

And everyone's posts in this topic really have gotten me to think. I've told myself I should never stop dreaming, because without dreams, would anyone get anywhere? I honestly don't think so.

Never loose faith in yourself, that goes for everyone who has the same feelings and even people who don't, because you have a place in this world, and that place will be found if it hasn't.

Trust me.

<3

- Ashley

Good thinking. Smile

No one should forget that Eisley has put in a LOT of really hard work to even get to where they are. Keep working and dreaming, and you might be able to have the chance to make things happen, too.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GlamxIndie
Sea Post King

[:

I agree strongly. Dreams take work. Alot.

I know it's hard, but if you keep going, you'll get there.

"Sherri immediately responds with aggressive humor and slams her in the face with her Texas fist." - Weston DuPree
"Thank you mister Television. " - Sherri DuPree
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
GlamxIndie wrote:
I can easily relate to you. Ever since I was five years old i've wanted to be in a band or be a solo artist, and i've been singing since I could talk. Since then, i've been very determined to get somewhere. Eisley is truly inspiring to me musically and vocally. I'm only fifteen years old, but I really do feel like I could possibly get somewhere, but this is obviously going to take some time. I'm in the same situation with being tired of dreaming, and wanting to start doing something, but I have no idea where to start.

And everyone's posts in this topic really have gotten me to think. I've told myself I should never stop dreaming, because without dreams, would anyone get anywhere? I honestly don't think so.

Never loose faith in yourself, that goes for everyone who has the same feelings and even people who don't, because you have a place in this world, and that place will be found if it hasn't.

Trust me.

<3

- Ashley

Good thinking. Smile

No one should forget that Eisley has put in a LOT of really hard work to even get to where they are. Keep working and dreaming, and you might be able to have the chance to make things happen, too.

Yes Eisley did work hard to get where they are, but you still have to factor in that they probably wouldn't be nearly this far if they didn't have parents that support them.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
madcat2089
Sea Post King

yes yes yes to all of the above, and i think i've discovered that eisley is one of the many things that is my fuel and passion to strive to be so good at something. i think thats how everyone should see success, just an example to help support your own dreams, not to bring them down. and earlier it was bringing me down.

why fourteen? im not sure, but its a pretty cool number. im not a huge fan of 13 or 15 and it has to be double digits yet realistic, thus i got 14.
thewizards
Sea Post King

You know what, I'm in uni right now and even I'm starting to think that I'm doing the wrong thing...
So don't spend your life worrying about it, cause many people get it wrong the first or second time round.

If you seriously want to go into film then I suggest you apply to a film and technology uni. I don't know the college system of America, but my current uni is one of the best for film courses- you get a rounding of film tech, film production, the film business and other related things.

And also research as many independent films as you can in as many different languages as you can. Channel 4 films are a good start- My Beautiful Laundrette, Trainspotting (of course) are two of the biggest films produced by C4 but there is loads more out there.

Anyway research as much as possible, find a film course and then get yourself on the right road. Dreaming is great, but imagine if you could be getting paid for what you love doing. Smile

"Speaking as a rational person, Al Qaeda are a loose assosiciation of terrorists who can be rounded up with sustained police investigation. Speaking as a parent, they're all 8ft tall, with a giant eye in the middle of their forehead and the only way to stop them is to nuke every country that hasn't sent us a Chritmas card in the past 10 years."

www.myspace.com/townsendband
Go there, or be... a... triangle....
Joined: 22 May 2006 | Posts: 151 | Location: Blazingstoke, UK
madcat2089
Sea Post King

yeah i think God will put me wherever he needs me.

as for unis? (i think you mean university but i'm not sure)

i've looked around a quite a few and i think im pretty set now because i found a school that has a fantastic environment as well as pretty good film stuff which is enough for me. the other school i looked at probably had a better film department but i didn't like it as much as a whole. and yeah i've been "reasearching" foreign and independent films quite a bit lately. ha this type of researching is quite a hobby of mine. and yeah i'm ready to stop dreaming and start doing.