Laughing City
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

HOB has a balcony. Typically, they fill up the floor first, then the excess goes up to the balcony. I guess they're doing it a tad different this show.

pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

i just bought my ticket for the HOB show! Very Happy
Caley
Lost at Forum

All right... I'm confused. I bought a $15 ticket that's GA. Does that make any sense? I bought it during the pre-sale because that was the only option ("Best Available"). So does that mean I paid extra for my GA? Lol. This is just kind of ridiculous and funny at the same time.
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

Caley wrote:
All right... I'm confused. I bought a $15 ticket that's GA. Does that make any sense? I bought it during the pre-sale because that was the only option ("Best Available"). So does that mean I paid extra for my GA? Lol. This is just kind of ridiculous and funny at the same time.

That probably means you're on the main floor versus being up in the balcony.

brighterthansunshine
Sea Post King

My g/f and I will be attending both the Fray show and the HOB show
mykatjim
Sea Post King

Caley wrote:

i know, right? i'm confused too. i just went through ticketmaster and i was given the option to buy the floor reserved seats. weird!
Joined: 08 Nov 2003 | Posts: 201 | Location: arlington, texas
KyleRossP
Sea Post King

I called HOB and the guy said they will set up a few rows of seats placed in the very front rows closest to the stage. The rest of the tickets, including the rest of the floor area, are general admission, standing room only. He said they do it in order to keep people from crushing themselves trying to get too close to the stage.
Caley
Lost at Forum

Cool! Thanks for sorting all that out for me... I was just kind of confused about all of the stuff. Smile

I cannot wait for this show! August 14 is going to be doubly amazing!

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Cool. I need to get to work on trying to nab a media pass ... hmm.

Thanks for the footwork, Kyle.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mykatjim
Sea Post King

KyleRossP wrote:
I called HOB and the guy said they will set up a few rows of seats placed in the very front rows closest to the stage. The rest of the tickets, including the rest of the floor area, are general admission, standing room only. He said they do it in order to keep people from crushing themselves trying to get too close to the stage.

awesome. i was going to call on monday to ask about it. thanks for saving me the call!

EDIT : i just got an email from the manager at the house of blues, telling me that i was overcharged for my tickets that i got through their ticketing system. she was so sorry for the inconvenience that now i get front row reserved seats!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fragileaswelie
Sea Post King

does anyone know how old you have to be to get in to HOB?
me(17) and my sister(20) are going to try and go. do we need our dad with us?

Back in the day Eisley commented on my myspace with the following:
'Somebody is sure you love
"the cat's pajama's".

thanks for everything no
matter what that means Smile'

@fragileaswelie
Caley
Lost at Forum

mykatjim wrote:
KyleRossP wrote:

awesome. i was going to call on monday to ask about it. thanks for saving me the call!

EDIT : i just got an email from the manager at the house of blues, telling me that i was overcharged for my tickets that i got through their ticketing system. she was so sorry for the inconvenience that now i get front row reserved seats!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky duck! I emailed them yesterday asking about it as well... I wonder if they'll do that for me? I'm not getting my hope up though, just for disappointment's sake. Lol. That would suck if they were like "our bad, sorry." Lol.

alexmac1990 wrote:
does anyone know how old you have to be to get in to HOB?
me(17) and my sister(20) are going to try and go. do we need our dad with us?

I believe it's an AA show... at least, that's what I've gathered so far.

rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

leighish wrote:
rob's probably got it in his head that he would like to go even if eisley is doing an acoustic set in houston. Laughing

You make it sound like it's a bad thing.

sukieinthe_g wrote:
Anyone planning to go? As of yet, I think I'm going by myself. Is that sad?

I've gone to shows in Dallas alone... and I live south of Houston. At the time I didn't know any boardies in person... and I was too scared to actually talk to anybody at the shows. But I had fun.

Of course, none of those shows were as big as the Fray one... so maybe that doesn't count.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mykatjim
Sea Post King

rmlawrence wrote:
I've gone to shows in Dallas alone... and I live south of Houston. At the time I didn't know any boardies in person... and I was too scared to actually talk to anybody at the shows. But I had fun.

Of course, none of those shows were as big as the Fray one... so maybe that doesn't count.

lies! i talked to you, albeit briefly. remember? me? you? trees? and then i walked up front because i was short? and then later (on the internet) we realized who we were?

memories!
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

mykatjim wrote:
lies! i talked to you, albeit briefly. remember? me? you? trees? and then i walked up front because i was short? and then later (on the internet) we realized who we were?

memories!

Oh yeah!! I had forgotten all about that. Too cool. Wow, that seems forever ago.

If I remember correctly, I made the comment on a thread that I figured I scared you off (when you went to the front). That thread likely doesn't exist anymore though... since this forum seems to be eating old threads (I really miss the original chat quotes).

I'm guessing it was Dec. 31, 2003. The only other time I was at Trees was Dec 31, 2004... and by then I knew a few forumers.

Memories indeed. I forget little things like that quite often.

I used to regret that I wasn't more chatty... that I was too afraid to just talk to people. As I recall... I really wanted to say something to you for a while because it looked like you were also there alone. But I was paralyzed with shyness. When we finally did speak a few words... you disappeared just a few minutes later... and it sort of reinforced my fears about talking to people (at least until we mentioned the situation on the forum).

Luckily, these days I have my wife to break the ice whenever we meet people. She's my real-world link to the world of online people... or something. I got around the whole shyness thing by warming up to her through the chat room... then through IM before finally meeting in person at an Eisley show... in Dallas.

Sometimes I don't believe my own life.

By the way... upon looking at my old PMs, it seems I also sent you a recording of a Dallas show. Hmmm... I wonder which one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>