Laughing City
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

You should give it to Chad or Nora (for the Strange Yellow Patterns site giveaways). Or be really cool and ship it off to Italy for the Italy Eisley fan club (I forget the details on that one). I'm sure Eisley stuff is hard to come by over there. That is all.

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Because I bought Thousand Yard Stare!

Big woop! Razz Though I thought of saying the exact same thing before I realized I don't really want the big box of Eisley stuff.
o0ohellosunshine
Sea Post King

ok. well...i dont think i deserve it more than anybody else, but i will still try. Eisley is a huge part of my life. their music helped when my friend died ( listening to their songs made me feel better..) and everytime i feel sad, i just have to listen to them and i feel better. I live in Canada, so I never had the chance to meet them or even see them live. Even tho, im still trying to promote them in Montreal, so they could have more fans here and finally come. I cant even purchase anything but CDs because they never deliver them to canada ( well...not Warner Bros marchandise).As I said, i dont deserve it more than anybody, but if i could get your stuff, i would appreciate it more than you could even imagine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
oliez
Vintage Newbie

because i'm selfish.

no not really. I don't want it, but it's a good idea to give it away. I'd give it to someone (like SYP) who won't just keep it all for themselfs. That's enough stuff to last a while in giveaway contests and almost too much for just one person to keep to themselves. Even for those in other countries, they could get the stuff by entering the giveaways. Give everyone a equal chance.
comeclean
Sea Post King

Well, I think it would be kind of cool if I won this box stuff. I started up a fansite (trolleywood.com) and always planned on doing giveaways. I had tried to contact people to see about getting a few things but never was able to find anything. I still have some stickers from the street team, but it would be really nice to have a poster or something. I'm big on giveaways Razz I do them a lot with my online stationery shop, so it would be even more fun to be able to use them on the fan site. Very Happy
Sea Post King

hello my name is austin i ve been an eisley fan for over 2 years i first heard of eisley when i met my first girlfriend in high school my girlfriend who is a huge eisley fan told me about them i myself never thought id be listening to them i was mainly into punk rock and harder stuff and never in a million years thought id ever be listening to a band like that in million years i ran out and bought room noises at the virgin megastore it hasent left my cd player since me and my girlfriend chose my lovely as our dating song so eisley holds a significant place in my heart earlier last month i got the opportunity to see them it was an amazing show i got to talk to chauntelle and garron before the show and said they would be my heros if they dedicated my lovely that nite to me and my girlfriend unfortanly they didnt play it chauntelle came up and aplogized after the show i told her it was all good my girlfriend got to meet stacy which was a dream come true so if i get this im going to give it to my girllfriend
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

Well...

I plan to put the stickers all over our baby when it's born. People love babies... so people will love Eisley by association with baby.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the box any day now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
hectorpendleton
Sea Post King

I'd like to win the items because I have been trying to veer my daughter's away from all the Radio Disney/Nickelodeon musical acts and trying to steer them towards well-crafted music.
So far, Eisley has been the group they've found most appealing and receiving a box of items to further cement that bond would certainly help in my quest against musical mediocrity.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Hannah,
Please find enclosed (or, more accurately, below) my entry to the one-time only, never annual or anything remotely similar "Win a big box of old Eisley stuff!" competion.

Winning the Eisley memoribila would prove once and for all that I am, infact, totally bananas about the Eis. The fact that I went on a round trip of 746 miles, spending roughly two weeks worth of wages, and having that trip as my only holiday of the year, to see them play two small gigs, is completely and utterly irrelevant, regardless of the fact I went with no-one tangible to anyone else. Whilst some might think that this is a crazy amount of money and time to spend for one band, no matter how good they happen to be, it’s nothing for the Eis, nothing at all. So, i hear you ask in imaginary (IYKWIM), why do you, Mr Ewan, want this Eisley stuff? The reasons are wholly selfish. One does not need anything in this life. However, I feel that it would compliment, if not complete, the collection I have of bits and bobs that have been sent from the US of A by my favourite American artists to yours truly. A collection which is so humble it includes a copy of The Milkmaid Grand Army EP, sent by Eric P, of that really groovy band Midlake. It also contains a General Sherman EP/badges and tee sent by one Ms Dana Halferty, of that local to Iowa band, General Sherman. Not forgeting both demos of both Oh No! Oh My! EPs. In a not-so-similar case, my collection has within an EP recorded and released by The Envy Corps; an American only release which was given to me by Brandon, in person, who told me never to tell anyone.
In conclusion, I am an utter fool who believes, quite irrationally, that receiving the Eisley goods would complete a humble collection, make it not so humble, make me so hip I have trouble seeing my feet, and would not make me millions. I hereby conclude this entry with not only complete sincerity, but the highest amount of self-doubt (or maybe I merely mean "doubt"?) of actually winning, and then some (I never was good at competitions).

Thankyou for reading,
Ewan.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
redandstripey
Sea Post King

Sweet idea. After Ewan's essay whatever I say will probably pale in comparison, but I'll give it a shot.

I haven't been an Eisley fan for as long as some people here, but the depth of my love for this band is insane. Since I first heard Marvelous Things (back in April-ish), I've been hooked. When Eisley were in the UK last month I wanted to go and see them so much it hurt, but The Man had me working working working. (I'll get him next time, though. Nothing will keep me away!) I've survived through a long wait for my copy of Combinations to arrive from Amazon and battled with my two sisters who really dislike Eisley (insane, I know) and still my love has not waned! In fact it has only grown, in the hopes that my enthusiasm will be catching for those around me. So, please, consider me for this wonderful collection of goodies- it will show my adoration for the band and their amazing talent and also look rather lovely in my room.
Joined: 08 Aug 2007 | Posts: 158 | Location: Northern Ireland
Caley
Lost at Forum

Hi, I'm Caley, and I'm an Eisley poster whore. I can't help it... I was bitten by the Eisley Poster Monster--mythically and commonly known as EPM--when I picked up my first gig poster back on May 6, 2006 during the Final Noise tour. And ever since then, every Eisley poster I see, I must have! Right now I have about seven Eisley posters in my collection (mainly just silkscreens with a few gig posters thrown in every now and then) and the beast inside of me keeps screaming, "MORE!" Lol. Most of the posters I've had to buy because I have the most terrible luck with actually obtaining a gig poster at a show... I'm a very serious *makes a serious face* poster collector now and I'll most likely end up collecting Eisley posters for the rest of my life, even when I go deaf and senile from old age. The posters and rest of the merch you're willing to give away are very, very, very rare and hard to come by in the market today. I'm always checking Ebay for a miracle of some pre-2005 memorabilia, but, like I said, those little slices of heaven rarely come up. I guess, what I'm trying to say is that when I saw the posters you're giving away, I was all: *choir starts singing* Hallelujah! All of those posters have been on the top of my poster list of "yet to buy" ever since I've laid my eyes on them, especially the Post Recording tour poster 'cause that's uber rare and I've never seen one on the market ever; a la, I've never had the chance of getting it. Hopefully my Eisley greed isn't too intolerable... I just really love Eisley's cute, whimsical posters because, to me, they're fun to look at and, at the same time, they help me remember all the hard work that went into getting those posters-- for instance, this super long paragraph that I'm sure you just want to end already. Lol. I guess that's it... I just wanted to tell you that the posters and merch wouldn't go unloved and unadmired if you decided by some off chance to give the Box of All Things Magical to me.

Thanks Hannah for the opportunity! Very Happy

ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

ebay it all for money, and then give the money to charity.

the people on this forum will be able to get the stuff (which they obivously want), someone who needs the money will get it, and you'll be able to get rid of your stuff. everybody wins.
brighttelescopes
Sea Post King

alright why not!

compared to a lot of the people here, i'm a newer eisley fan. and i'm not as active in laughing city and so on and so forth. but i LOVE eisley. i even stuck a combinations sticker on my wallet, my school notebooks, my locker(that'll get me in trouble come june), my desk, i was even tempted to put them on my walls and computer, but my mother would have beaten me. i often get my friends into them, even people who you would never suspect. i talk about them all the time. and now comes the part where i attempt to make you pity me. my walls are distressingly bare aside from a hufflepuff wall hanging, harry potter movie poster, and...another harry potter associated thing, and i can think of nothing better that would go with my totally lame decorations than my favorite band, and autographed things, which since my mother is bent on keeping me from ever going to any shows i'd ever want to see, will not likely be gotten myself for a good two years. at least. in conclusion! my room is lame and my family refuses to let me go more than ten minutes away from my house to see eisley, who i adore to a point where everybody wants to kill me, and i'd hero worship the ground you walk on. Smile
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

ZenArtist wrote:
ebay it all for money, and then give the money to charity.

the people on this forum will be able to get the stuff (which they obivously want), someone who needs the money will get it, and you'll be able to get rid of your stuff. everybody wins.

Except I've already considered that, and decided I'd rather do this. What I'm going to do with the box is non-negotiable; the only thing up in the air is who's going to get it.

Keep 'em coming, people! Very Happy

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
redrubberball
Sea Post King

My(fictional)entry in poem form:

I am a homeless girl,
Which all can see,
I'm not the most worthy to bestow your lot prize of the enchanting band Eisley.

But I wish you would consider,
One of such low standing,
In the hopes of reaching a new, higher landing.

With such posters and stickers
That I may admire,
For in me they may begin to inspire.

A new life they may start in me
to claim new talent and elite,
With which this destitution may I defeat.

My life to be changed by the inspiration
of a tiny Texas band,
If only could I hold those posters in my hand!

ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

omg someone wrote a poem.