Laughing City
ks1990
Lost at Forum

My first Eisley experience:

*flashback to circa 2005 (I think)*

Ok, so my sister at the time used to always be on yahoo launch player. I got kinda bored and sat next to her and watch videos. And the 'Marvelous things' video was already playing. I was like 'wow', when I heard Stacy's voice. My (dumb) sister said she didn't like it, and I didn't wanna disagree with her (she's really bossy and argumentative) so I didn't say anything. Luckily my subconcious kept note of the name 'Eisley' and I immediately returned to Launch the next day to watch it again. Multiple times, and the day after that, and the day after that, and you get the idea.....
I checked out a few more of their songs and was gonna order their album (Room Noises had just came out), till disaster struck....I can't remember why, but my Internet connection was down for like ages (maybe even a whole year, i forget)

2 years later.....
I had totally forgotten who Eisley were. Then my friend got me into the Fray, I really liked them so I looked them up on myspace, and looked at their top friends. Then i saw Eisley and was like 'OMG it's that band I love!!!!!!' Then I went on their myspace and listened to their songs (at the time they had Plenty of Paper, Brightly Wound, Telescope Eyes and One day I slowly floated away up.)

I was totally bummed I didn't get the chance to follow them through 2006, but I think I've totally caught up. I ordered both their albums and eps immediately and signed up to the LC a few months later. haha this post was long, but fun to recall.
sootandstars
Sea Post King

I remember hopping on to Yahoo's Launch and watching them perform Telescope Eyes. Listened day and night and night and day. Hooked ever since. My desire to listen never faulters. I have yet to see them live. The hope is soon. Smile
Look each other in the eye
suddensound
Sea Post King

I was 11 years old and a commercial promoting some band was on the tv. I wasn't really paying attention.Then a clip of the harmonies on Sea King starting playing and I was stunned. It was so beautiful! Unfortunately, I didn't catch the bands name.

Then a few years later I started using the computer, and it occurred to me to google some of the lyrics I'd always remembered. That's how I found Eisley Smile
Last edited by suddensound on Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
fernster
Sea Post King

Hey guitargirl!!!

i actually thought of doing just that last night!
Don't know if i would of gotten around to it though! ha.

Anyway please if you can,post it!!!! that would be to cool!
I am actually curious if I'm wrong on some of the songs.
though i doubt it! but i could be.. Shocked

STILL waiting to hear from B and K...... PLEEEEEEASE Razz

And "suddensound" it quite ok to be overly passionate.
music and art has a funny way of doing that to us humans..

fernster
Sea Post King

Oh!

I'm reall diggin on reading everyones 1st time experience with Eilsey.

their all great stories!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

UM.....whose next?

fragileaswelie
Sea Post King

i was watching tvu some lazy saturday morning (before i had a job that stole those lazy saturdays from me) and telescope eyes came on. I thought it was unlike anything i had ever heard! i loved the weirdness of it!(room noises had just released a couple of months before if i remember right)
i thought it kinda reminded me of the beatles and sixpence none the richer except way better. i checked out eisley.com, and laughing city and found ogg. i stocked up on music and watched almost all their videos. not long after, i downloaded telescope eyes and i wasn't prepared or something off of itunes. then i wanted more and i bought the laughing city ep and room noises from my local Christian store that i later worked at for almost a year. I got marvelous things after room noises. i loved room noises and was hooked!!
i love the simplicity of eisley and just how their music is written. it has inspired me a lot.
it also opened me up to the indie rock genre (before then i was all pop-rock), and gave me awareness of the Fender Rhodes electric piano... Smile
so ya. i like eisley a lot.
i still get giddy whenever i watch old boyd movies of the era i first found eisley in. Smile sherri- faux hawk stacy- black hair and chauntelle- short wavy

Back in the day Eisley commented on my myspace with the following:
'Somebody is sure you love
"the cat's pajama's".

thanks for everything no
matter what that means Smile'

@fragileaswelie
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

I was browsing through my local CDPLUS store, and I remember feeling like I was in a musical rut, wanting very badly to find something absolutely new and unknown to me. I wanted to find a band from a genre I never listened to and hopefully start myself in a new direction. So I headed over to the Alternative music counter. I think at some point I must have heard the band's name online or something because when I saw the little "Eisley" marker, my eye was drawn to the album behind it: Room Noises.

I picked the album up and looked at it, and my very first thought was that I wasn't going to like it. As embarrassing as it is, I have to admit that the selling point came when I flipped the album over to check out the tracklist, and I said to myself, "If the music is half as attractive as the people playing it, this'll be worth the money" (squashing any doubts I may have had that sex appeal sells albums). So, with great hesitation, and without any previous experience in the indie genre, I bought the CD. I got into the car and popped it into the car stereo for the drive home. It took about 10 seconds for me to decide that this might turn out to be one of the most important impulse-purchases of my life. By the time Memories had finished, I was already hooked, and rushed home to find out how and when I could see the band in concert.

Many, many musical interests that I now have can be credited to that one purchase.

Golly, Poster

I like my Eisley story.

My younger sister (Golly Sandra on this forum) became a big music freak about 3 years ago. I was still hooked on radio music at the time. Anyway, often when she plays music, I can hear it through the walls. She had just discovered Eisley and played Marvelous Things and Telescope Eyes constantly. She also walked around the house humming and singing the songs. One day, I walked into her room and Telescope Eyes was playing. "Oh yeah, I love this song! Who plays it again?" I asked her. She gave me the dirtiest stare and told me I had never heard the song before. I replied that I had heard it a million times on the radio (I swear I'm less stupid now). Finally I realized that I had only ever heard the song through the walls of my bedroom... and yet I still really loved it. I had had it stuck in my head for days. And so that is how I discovered Eisley - thanks to my pesky little sister.

I saw Eisley in concert in April (2006, I believe) and met both Sherri and Stacy. They were both so genuinely sweet and funny. It was really great. I was also about one foot away from Chauntelle, Weston and Garron, but they were listening to Brighton play and I didn't want to bother them.
mattr
Golly, Poster

October 2003, Eisley was featured on an MTV show called "you heard it first" or something like that. I immediately fell in love with Telescope Eyes which was playing in the background. So the next day I went out and bought the Laughing City EP and found the website a few days later. Eisley was on tour with Brand New, but the upcoming Detroit date had already sold out. I tried bidding on some Ebay auctions, but I kept getting outbid as the tickets were going for over $100. Chicago isn't too far, so I thought about making the drive, but while I was trying to make travel arrangements, both Chicago shows sold out. I had pretty much given up on the idea of seeing them this time. A week before the show, I took a long shot and emailed Boyd to ask if he might be able to help and I was surprised when he said maybe. The day before the show, he wrote me back and said that he was able to get me on the guest list. It was a great show. I got to meet the band and hang out with Boyd for most of the evening and I've been a fan ever since.
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

I wish I could tell of a live Eisley experience, but I can't. I'll tell of the first time I heard their music though. I was searching through AOL on demand (a music channel on digital cable) and saw "Eisley-Invasion". I thought the name was cool so I watched it. I loved the song and thought the video was amazing. Immediately after watching it I youtube-d "Eisley" and saw a live recording of 'Memories'. That was amazing too. I fell in love with the band...my sister can tell you all about it as I've gone on and on about them at times.
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
CaughtOnFilm
Laughing Citizen

mattr wrote:
October 2003, Eisley was featured on an MTV show called "you heard it first" or something like that. I immediately fell in love with Telescope Eyes which was playing in the background. So the next day I went out and bought the Laughing City EP and found the website a few days later. Eisley was on tour with Brand New, but the upcoming Detroit date had already sold out. I tried bidding on some Ebay auctions, but I kept getting outbid as the tickets were going for over $100. Chicago isn't too far, so I thought about making the drive, but while I was trying to make travel arrangements, both Chicago shows sold out. I had pretty much given up on the idea of seeing them this time. A week before the show, I took a long shot and emailed Boyd to ask if he might be able to help and I was surprised when he said maybe. The day before the show, he wrote me back and said that he was able to get me on the guest list. It was a great show. I got to meet the band and hang out with Boyd for most of the evening and I've been a fan ever since.

thats awesome. boyd ruleesssssss

www.imahuman.tumblr.com
www.isitreallysostrange.wordpress.com
[i spend too much time on the internet, apparently.]

greensuburbs
Sea Post King

I came ... here.

Wink

Vintage Newbie

I saw them on Yahoo music. Thought the video for Telescope Eyes was cool. I liked the sound, and made my way over here eventually. Then of course Orange Gold and Green had all their old stuff up back then, and I was blown away. Bought Room Noises, the label release eps and have been digging them since.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

mister_mime wrote:
we were watching music videos on TVU. it was a really long time ago. and the video for Marvelous Things came on (I didn't notice that it said "die" on Sherri's knees), and I was like, "oh, these people are really pretty. oh, this music is really cool."

me too. exept i never could remember their name so i didn't get hardcore into them until '05 saw i heard they had an album coming out and i knew exactly who they where once i read their name. and i've been in heavenly bliss ever since, haha.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

fernster wrote:
Hey guitargirl!!!

i actually thought of doing just that last night!
Don't know if i would of gotten around to it though! ha.

Anyway please if you can,post it!!!! that would be to cool!
I am actually curious if I'm wrong on some of the songs.
though i doubt it! but i could be.. Shocked

If I can find it, I will take a picture and/or scan it. Smile

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger