Laughing City
berlies_
Lost at Forum

I didn't see anyone posting about it so I thought I would, though I don't have a lot to say. It was a lot of fun. It's crazy to see how much the band has evolved, and grown in the 5/6 years I've been a fan.

I dragged my boyfriend with me, who by the way, listens to no modern music - and although he wasn't a huge fan of the openers he really enjoyed Eisley. Vedera was really fun and cute. I might have enjoyed Myriad more if I could have heard the vocals. Bass was up way too high!

Now, about Eisley. I really loved the little twists on some of the songs. I didn't know it was possible, but Stacy's voice has gotten even better, and I really enjoyed hearing Chauntelle sing, and having Christie come out to sing a bit. Everyone was just really really good, and man, it felt good to see them again.

I even bought a shirt, despite my brokeness.

I was standing next to this couple in line to get in the venue, and again in the merch line and we started talking about the band, and how all the shirts are Sherri's art (which she had no clue of). I was like aww...I'm old, and know way too much about this band, lol.

It was pretty crazy - I think its the first time I ever felt old at the concert. When they were going around giving wristbands to those 21+, we realized only a few received these.

Am I too old for an Eisley concert?

Lol. Anyway...I wish I had pictures, but my camera died a few weeks ago, so if anyone went and has pictures, post em!

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Hey! It's good to see you post here. That's funny about the age thing ... I wonder if it's because young people are the only ones who can afford to go to shows these days. ha

Anyway, I'm glad you had a good time, and thanks for sharing! Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Ah, shoot.. you're never too old to have fun! I'm glad you did, too! Smile
berlies_
Lost at Forum

TheAntrider wrote:
Hey! It's good to see you post here. That's funny about the age thing ... I wonder if it's because young people are the only ones who can afford to go to shows these days. ha

Anyway, I'm glad you had a good time, and thanks for sharing! Smile

I may not post that often, but I'm still around!

And true dat about young people being the only ones able to afford shows. Dude. Even though the ticket was only like $17, there was like $10 in charges per ticket! And lets not talk about the gas prices Wink

elialovesmusic
Sea Post King

the show was SPECTACULAR!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

Young people also have more free time to go to concerts.

Speaking of age, I felt like I was the oldest person at the Seattle show. Or at least the oldest person near the stage. But I was too busy enjoying an amazing show to care. I think I had a stupid grin on my face during most of Eisley's set.

I had the opposite experience when I saw The Police last year, I felt like a little kid. Very Happy

whatupmyasian
Sea Post King

If I knew I didn't have to go to class this morning I would have loved to go. I feel bad missing out on Eisley headlining a tour.
berlies_
Lost at Forum

whatupmyasian wrote:
If I knew I didn't have to go to class this morning I would have loved to go. I feel bad missing out on Eisley headlining a tour.

Yeah it was a bit rough. Their set didn't end until just a shade after midnight. We had to drive back to Culver before driving back to the Valley, and I had to be at work at 7:30. Needless to say, i replaced eating at lunch with a nap in my car.

It was really great though. I know Eisley headlining tours are few and far between, so I never miss a chance to see them. If gas prices weren't so high, I'd drive over to the Pomona show.

Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

My sister always feels like she is the oldest person at the shows (she is 26) but I always try to explain to her that she isn't, especially if she would look around, haha. I say if you want to go, and can afford it, go. But there is just something 'bout you 'old people' ..ya'll are crazy! Wink

whatupmyasian wrote:

Aw, that sucks. I had class the next morning when I went to the show in D.C. and it was really rough; I was so sleepy!
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

Kylee Janai wrote:

whatupmyasian wrote:

Aw, that sucks. I had class the next morning when I went to the show in D.C. and it was really rough; I was so sleepy!

I would just skip morning classes when I was in college if I went to a show unlike you nerds. Wink

Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

kulvir wrote:
Kylee Janai wrote:

whatupmyasian wrote:

I would just skip morning classes when I was in college if I went to a show unlike you nerds. Wink

I had a presentation! VERY important!!! Laughing
stumple13
Sea Post King

I actually felt like i was the youngest one at the Boulder show
It was all older college people(boulder..duh)
and im 17,so i was just kind of hangin around with them
all well,they were all nice to me haha

Im still rather angry i had to drive back so soon though
i found their bus before the concert and i was gonna go and hang by it
but lame AP tests ruined my life
all well
next time
pumamina
Golly, Poster

I missed that show, they sold out the very next day after the sale start, was it that great? I'm so sad i missed it
Eno_Not_Emo
Sea Post King

pumamina wrote:
I missed that show, they sold out the very next day after the sale start, was it that great? I'm so sad i missed it

Um, presale was just over half of capacity and they sold tickets at the ddoor all night.
Where did you hear it was sold out?

"So there. Mexican food. La Tremenda!! Que' tal, Juan. Su Madre' es bonito perdo ella nadis es malo por favor. Pongan el sulegar in el ciesto por favor, commidant. El gusto es mio, Francisco. Estudia esquela? NO. malo!! NO. Tu tienne una cabesa grande y gordo y malo...pero neccessito levantarse su cabesa delgada muchacho. si! ahora!. hoy! hoy! cabesa azul!! nadis!! no! su nadis no es mio!! grande!!! comer! beber! ahora!"
— Boyd
pumamina
Golly, Poster

Eno_Not_Emo wrote:
pumamina wrote:

Um, presale was just over half of capacity and they sold tickets at the ddoor all night.
Where did you hear it was sold out?

Ticket master told me