Laughing City

How good/bad do you think the New Indiana Jones will be?
It will suck because George Lucas has lost it.
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
It will be awesome because Lucas isn't directing.
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
I'm staying on the fence until I've seen it.
58%
 58%  [ 20 ]
Who care about Indiana Jones.
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 34

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, she's the Russian bad guy. Or bad girl. She's played Dylan, so who knows which yet.

I hope it was a fun role for her and she got to do something with it as the last 2 Indy movies sorely lacked a compelling nemesis. You'd think the creator of Darth Vader would understand the benefit of such a presence. I guess as an actor, all you can control is your own performance and then hope for the best.
WindFromTheOcean
Golly, Poster

I've seen that movie when I was like, uhmm 12 years old.. well, it was okay, but I'll wait for it and watch it again.

"As an artist... I feel that we must try many things - but above all, we must dare to fail. You must have the courage to be bad - to be willing to risk everything to really express it all..."
Joined: 16 Aug 2007 | Posts: 948 | Location: Cebu Rock City, Philippines baby!!
im the sea king
Golly, Poster

TheAntrider wrote:
Considering that I liked Phantom Menace, and I like Indiana Jones ... I'm feeling pretty positive about it at this moment. My answer is not on the poll. ha ha. Also, everyone is forgetting about the Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford factors here, in favor of bashing George Lucas.

you are probably the only person ive ever heard say they liked phantom menace hahaha

wait for it

DARY!
Sings in the Morning
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
Sings in the Morning wrote:
Karen Allen

In all the production photos I've seen of her on-set, she looks AMAZING. She's what, 50? 60? Still a freakin' babe. I might go see it just for her.

I would. I mean, look at her!! She looks 30!

-----------------------------------------

God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.
--Jim Elliot

------------------------------------------

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
-- Helen Keller
Paranoid Android v2.0
Vintage Newbie

I LOVED every bit of this movie...until the Lucas-inspired last 15-20 minutes.

Everything else was golden.

This is MYSPACE
Gee, Blog
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 | Posts: 4250 | Location: Up here in Connecticut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

i don't know by seeing the trailer.
i like Spielberg and Lucas, but i don't like CGI.
CGI really takes me out of a movie fast.
That's what's so interesting about Michel Gondry. He uses all those old school tricks and it still looks amazing.

Cyber Indy and the Pixelated Skulls...

kulvir
Laughing Citizen

Paranoid Android v2.0 wrote:

I have pretty much the same feeling although I can't say I disliked the ending except I thought a certain thing coming alive didn't belong in an Indy movie. Sorry if that's too vague but I don't want to spoil the movie. The movie was really good but I can't say it was as exciting as watching Raiders for the first time but things like that are always more exciting when you are a kid.

Sings in the Morning
Sea Post King

kulvir wrote:
Paranoid Android v2.0 wrote:

I have pretty much the same feeling although I can't say I disliked the ending except I thought a certain thing coming alive didn't belong in an Indy movie. Sorry if that's too vague but I don't want to spoil the movie. The movie was really good but I can't say it was as exciting as watching Raiders for the first time but things like that are always more exciting when you are a kid.

We might go see it on Sunday. My oldest brother, Luke's 23rd birthday was on May 11 and I promised to pay for his ticket to get in. Since he doesn't have to pay he's even more anxious to go (freeloader! Smile).

--Jim Elliot

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
-- Helen Keller
Chris_Mulder
Sea Post King

If you didn't like the ending because it "doesn't fit" in the Indiana Jones style, go watch Raiders Of The Lost Ark again.

BTW: I loved the movie.

kulvir
Laughing Citizen

Chris_Mulder wrote:
If you didn't like the ending because it "doesn't fit" in the Indiana Jones style, go watch Raiders Of The Lost Ark again.

BTW: I loved the movie.

I see your point in that the movies all have some sort of supernatural final explanation but this ending felt out of place. It could easily have been the denouement for a sci-fi movie. Now I'm feeling nitpicky when I really liked the film.

ladiosadice
Lost at Forum

Saellys wrote:
Karen Allen

In all the production photos I've seen of her on-set, she looks AMAZING. She's what, 50? 60? Still a freakin' babe. I might go see it just for her.

She's 56. She was 29 in Raiders.
I only know that because I just read an article about her.

And I swear in that moment we were infinite
BLOG l FLICKR
Sings in the Morning
Sea Post King

ladiosadice wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Karen Allen

She's 56. She was 29 in Raiders.
I only know that because I just read an article about her.

I knew she was in her 50s. She still looks 30.

--Jim Elliot

-- Helen Keller
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

Why can't all action movies be set in either the '20s or the '50s?!

This one was pretty tasty, although the combination of ancient artifacts and shiny sci-fi silver was funny-looking for sure.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I was wrong about this one! I am pleased and rather astonished to say that this movie was nowhere near as lame as the trailer made it look. In fact, I found myself rather giddy during portions of it, and I think it is easily on par with Last Crusade as far as quality goes.

My friends and I watched Raiders last night and then went to see Kingdom. It was kind of funny how they made references to the first movie and basically ignored the other two (except for Sean Connery's picture on the desk). But it worked out well for my friend who hasn't seen the other two.

The special effects were decent. At times it was overdone, like when it would have looked better and cost less to just film a real refrigerator being dropped down a hill in the desert. I thought the final effects scene was very, very cool. And I do love it when the baddies explode in a shower of sparks. Overall ILM did better on Iron Man, but that was a different kind of movie and I think much of the effects in Kingdom were intended to be over-the-top.

The performances were pretty solid all around. I would have preferred that they didn't bring up Indy's age so much; it got tedious and Harrison Ford is still a hunk of beefcake so I could have easily suspended my disbelief at his stunts and such. Cate Blanchett was pretty excellent, and her faux accent was way better than Ford's was in K-19. Karen Allen was good, though a little less spunky than I would have liked. I missed John Rhys-Davies, and Ray Winstone can't hold a candle. John Hurt was perfect--I like him best when he's raving.

But OMG. Shia LaBeouf. Never has he seemed so much like a younger, hotter, almost-as-smart Edward Norton. That boy stole every single scene. If they started making sequels with just him, I would be so happy. Love

I was expecting so much less from this movie, since the last time George Lucas tried to revisit a beloved trilogy from my childhood it turned out to be a load of irredeemable crap. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was 100% worthy of the Indy franchise (minus that part with the monkeys).

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Shia LaBeouf. If they started making sequels with just him, I would be so happy. Love

Actually, I was very pleased with the scene at the very end....

where Shia was picking up Indy's hat as to foreshadow him taking over the franchise, but then just have Indy take the hat away from him as to say "LOL, J/K!"