Laughing City
reflectedxglory
Sea Post King

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
reflectedxglory wrote:
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
I thought this was going to be about that Neve Campbell show. Laughing

i was trying to see the connection, but an interesting article nonetheless.

Thread title "Blast - Party of Five -- New Article?" Neve Campbell show was called, "Party of Five." See? Laughing Yes, good article. Smile

no i meant between pary of five and eisley. [i must have skimmed over the blast part] i knew what YOU meant. Laughing

Hilary Duff cover!! yessss...

Kimbrtones wrote:
See what interesting things I can make you people do? Laughing
This thread has gotten quite amusing but.....my lips are sealed.

On Chauntelle:
Kimbrtones wrote:
wow guys! She's not Jesus! Smile
But she is awfully sweet, and kind hearted.
Joined: 11 Mar 2005 | Posts: 489 | Location: orlando,fl,usa
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

kristal wrote:
"There’s no point in being an egomaniac about something that you just love doing.”

That rings so true. Normally you aren't allowed to have that kind of wisdom until you turn 50 or something. Smile

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:
patrock wrote:
Jared x wrote:
Had they signed with one of those Christian labels (were any of them big?), I wonder if they would be receiving more support than they are from Warner Bros.

Maybe. Though they would have been limiting their audience.

I always thought they would have fit better, been better understood and gone much farther somewhere like 4AD.

i would guess Tooth and Nail was one as their friends (Holland at the time) were on that label and was who gave their cd (i'm guessing EP2) to their producer (Aaron Sprinkle, who ended up producing Marvelous Things) who gave it to who became their manager - who was also Coldplay's manager. i think that is how it happened.

other Christian labels might have been more insistent on JPM's
(Jesus' per minute)
Laughing

Jared x
Lost at Forum

I personally don't think Tooth and Nail would have been a bad fit. Then again, I don't know much about anything really. Razz
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:

other Christian labels might have been more insistent on JPM's
(Jesus' per minute)

*snicker!*

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Jared x wrote:
I personally don't think Tooth and Nail would have been a bad fit. Then again, I don't know much about anything really. Razz

Starflyer 59 has been on there for years, but as far as i can tell they let Jason Martin do whatever he wants. he seems to put out about a record and/or EP every year. this past year they did this really great 10 7" series through Burnt Toast Vinyl. i would guess this was more BTV really and T&N allowed it. it's hard for me to tell if Jason really doesn't care about videos or promotion - the last record had one video that didn't feature anyone in the band - or the label. he makes a record, releases it, tours a while and then goes back to truck driving.

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

bigideas wrote:
Jared x wrote:

Starflyer 59 has been on there for years, but as far as i can tell they let Jason Martin do whatever he wants. he seems to put out about a record and/or EP every year. this past year they did this really great 10 7" series through Burnt Toast Vinyl. i would guess this was more BTV really and T&N allowed it. it's hard for me to tell if Jason really doesn't care about videos or promotion - the last record had one video that didn't feature anyone in the band - or the label. he makes a record, releases it, tours a while and then goes back to truck driving.

VERY glad they didn't sign somewhere like Tooth and Nail, or any other label of that kind. "It"'s either real or its a consumer commodity- it can't be both... can't serve two masters and all that. besides-- how cheesy is a sub-label branded "Solid State"? Is the world so short of names that they couldn't come up with a new one? How did they not get sued by Greg Ginn (or is SST too short on funds to afford lawyers these days)? Geez- they should have some respect. What's next, Sub Pope?