Laughing City
Bryan646
Sea Post King

eisley grind?

Maybe Eisley should do a grindcore record... that would be cool
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:

BTW, I've always wanted to play the cannon part in 1812, Boyd.

How's that for off-topic? Jason, welcome to the cult...I mean community. Smile

ks1990
Lost at Forum

Hey Jason! Can't wait to hear more news about you\eisley etc.
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

Hi Jason! God's building the Eisley quilt puzzle.. "this Mark piece right here looks NICE on the Eisley quilt! And today I'm adding that Jason Miller piece over there!" Smile
alastica
Sea Post King

This sounds like an awesome development. I'm excited for Eisley's E-Merge future!

Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Caley
Lost at Forum

Hey Jason! Thanks for posting here, shows that you're not too afraid to touch base with us.

It's cool that you're willing to hear our thoughts too, I'm not gonna lie.

RockerChick
Sea Post King

Welcome!

First order of business: get them off this label!
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

jasonemerge wrote:

having said that, again... thanks so much for being so welcoming and not treating me like another lame industry guy - i've worked with some of those lame industry guys for years... here's the difference between us: i have morals and ethics. Very Happy

Don't worry 'bout that; pretty much all the snobbish music-lover types who liked (mos) eisley bugged out when they signed to Warner-

Try searching for Eisley on Pitchfork some time...

Too bad though, 'cause I think their appeal would have been greater to the higher brow crowd than to the LCD teenie-pop audience they were marketed to (to the extent they were marketed at all)
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:

Try searching for Eisley on Pitchfork some time...

i was listening to that TrailVan Hyde stuff and i have a very strong feeling if you released those lo-fi home recordings pretty much as is that websites like Pitchfork would go ga-ga for it. it really reminded of hearing the bootlegs from the Beach Boys Smile sessions. it feels so 60's, slightly psychaedelic and off-the-cuff. Pitchfork goes ga-ga for anything remotely Brian Wilson/Beatles influenced (and admittedly i do for the most part).

here's a question - why do you think Pitchfork recognizes Feist, My Brightest Diamond, etc, but not Eisley? most of the ones i can think of are female solo acts. i have a gut feeling if any of the girls released a more lo-fi solo record that they would latch on to it, though i'm not sure why.

any ideas?

p.s. i've also wondered why no news items since they've been featured on albums of bands that are - The Elected, Bright Eyes

Last edited by bigideas on Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
norad
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
i was listening to that TrailVan Hyde stuff and i have a very strong feeling if you released those

There's just one song.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
bigideas wrote:
i was listening to that TrailVan Hyde stuff and i have a very strong feeling if you released those

There's just one song.

oh, Mars?
i thought that whole batch fell under that category.

Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Welcome Jason! Sounds like you really love and rtespect EISLEY and all the Dupree's as much all of us do... Very Happy We're all realy excited to see what great things you and Boyd cook up management-wise, and can't wait to hear all the new music the band is writing
- Nothing but good times ahead... Wink

norad
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
patrock wrote:
bigideas wrote:

There's just one song.

oh, Mars?
i thought that whole batch fell under that category.

Kiss From Mars is the only TVH song out there.
breathless
Sea Post King

Welcome Jason! It's SO exciting to finally see someone who really loves a band for who it (and the people, most of all) is. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing where Eisley goes these next years. How about bringing them to the middle east? Very Happy
jasonemerge
Sea Post King

dubai is one of the cities on my "grand wish list"... i've been there tons of times, but it's just recently becoming a place with concert venues. if you want to play in the middle east, you're pretty much limited to egypt (maybe... this would be the most difficult), lebanon, jordan, israel (actually the largest market in the whole area due to the individual purchasing power of its citizens - except if you play here, most of the other countries in the area will not issue you work permits to perform in THEIR countries), palestine (immigration controlled by israel), and dubai. abu dhabi is the second emirate to start developing a western culture thing... bands will probably be playing there by 2010.

my point was this... i would love for eisley to play dubai, istanbul, casablanca, and porto alegre in the same year. i'm trying to think of places that would love the band and contact promoters in those areas to make something happen - it's not the same "tour the US, Canada, Europe, Japan and Australia" thing anymore.... the Internet changed everything. small bands can do whole south american and pacific rim tours. it's insane.

-jason

i'm jason. i manage bands. one of them is this here band, Eisley, whom i manage with my best friend in the entire world, the wonderful Boyd DuPree. i like the cure. i've spent nearly 14 years in the music industry and haven't turned into a selfish, evil , money-grubbing liar yet. thank God.
Joined: 11 Jun 2008 | Posts: 6 | Location: all over the place.