Laughing City
Lynn
Golly, Poster

I had heard about them from friends before, so when I came across Room Noises I listened to it, and I really liked them, especially Memories (for some reason this is the song that many first-time listeners are most impressed with... it is still one of my favorites ^^), so I started looking for more about Eisley and so on. (Edit: that was 2005 I think...)
Combinations was even available in a local music store (well, I haven't seen more than one(my own) copy but anyway... I'm almost sure there must have been more than one in the whole country)
Last edited by Lynn on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
piperjay23
Sea Post King

tawnysigala wrote:
my friend introduced them to me. the song that got me hooked was MEMORIES

I love that song. In my personal top ten all time. Relating to a different post, I think the lyrics are quite mature and appealed to me (in my early thirties).

Starbright
Sea Post King

greatgood wrote:
I liked their name. I thought it sounded cool. I didn't know it was from Star Wars. I bought Room Noises when I was still in high school. This was...2005 I believe. Then I told all my friends.

I like their name too! That was what got me into looking for their videos in youtube and the first song i listened to was I Wasn't Prepared.

Surprised Surprised Surprised Me likey! Cool

piperjay23
Sea Post King

My / Our (my wife and I) first encounter was at the Coldplay show. Coldplay played a very small outdoor tented arena in Cleveland on that tour (max 5000). Eisley invited people to meet tham in the back of the arena afterward. We were so impressed that we took the opportunity to go chat and express our appreciation for what we had just seen and heard. We have been fans ever since.
ks1990
Lost at Forum

I heard about them when I was watching videos on Yahoo Launch, and the video for Marvelous Things came on. It was nothing like i had ever heard before, and i was instantly hooked.
Drew10265
Sea Post King

an ex of mine used to listen to their demo od i wasn't prepared and i loved it.
i downloaded it from them and like a year later when i found out they had a new album i got both of them,and the rest is history...
Joined: 16 Dec 2007 | Posts: 71 | Location: Dania Beach, Florida
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

A friend of mine saw them with NFG and mentioned them in passing as a group that I might like. I didn't really do much searching and kinda forgot about the name.

Later, a Sat morning tv show which featured the video Marvelous Things was on. I was hardly awake yet, but I heard the song/saw the video and it was so haunting that I looked them up and immediately downloaded the first thing I found, which was the Head Against the Sky EP from iTunes. From then on I was hooked. MT is still a favorite of mine.

Sidenote: My listening to Eisley non-stop has cooled a bit (which is probably slightly healthy Wink Laughing ), but I just listened to Room Noises this morning straight through and was amazed all over again. I can't wait for some new music after their current break!
stumple13
Sea Post King

One of my older brothers introduced me to them,he bought the room noises cd after they did two very very small shows in my area
and we went on vacation right after that adn ended up listening to it like the whole time
that was like 3 1/2 years ago...ish.
but i have been addicted since
Bryan646
Sea Post King

I was working at FYE at the time and one of my co-workers put on an Eisley mix. The only song that really stuck in my head was 'Marvelous Things.' I asked the guy who put it on who the band was. He told me they were called Eisley and he saw them open for Coldplay and that they were all "smokin hot." I got Combinations the day it was released a month or so later then got Room Noises.
bmxbandit
Sea Post King

I used to check out the opening bands music on the interwebs before I seen a headliner and well Brand New was coming to town so I looked into Eisley and heard a bunch of older but good tunes like head against the sky and such. Anyways I was walking away from the stage when they were playing and I heard the most beatiful and angelic singing voices coming from behind me. It was Memories, which I later found out. Ever since then I've been hooked.
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

oliez wrote:
that MTV "You Hear it First" I think it was right before the MT ep was put out. I thought they sounded interesting, but I didn't buy the eps. By the end of 03 forgot their name, but I kept trying to remember...who was that band from that MTV show? I just remember seeing the scene of them recording one track for the ep and their voices. Then early in 04 I was going through my local hastings (like I do every tuesday) and found two eps by some band for about $5 and figured I'd buy at least one. I kept one of the eps with me as I walked around looking at other cds and then it hit me that this was that band, Eisley, and half walked/ran back, (thinking someone would have already taken it), grabbed MT and the rest is history. I listened to both in my car nonstop for weeks until I decided to look up a video from them and saw the Marvelous Things video and the rest is history.
Love this story! Smile
flattop005
Sea Post King

i'm a really die hard tbs fan and was curious to know who the girl in all the pictures with adam lazzara was. then i looked up eisley on youtube and watched the music vid for marvelous things and ever since then ive been hooked.
Andrew
Lost at Forum

They played a show at the door in dallas with superchic(k) late 2000 early 2001. Heard em' first there or maybe on local christian radio (spin 180) im not sure which came first. Looked em up, they had possibly one of the coolest band sites id ever seen and I fell in love.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cryptictonight
Lost at Forum

Andrew wrote:
Looked em up, they had possibly one of the coolest band sites id ever seen and I fell in love.

haha. I agree! That old site they had was amazing.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

cryptictonight wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Looked em up, they had possibly one of the coolest band sites id ever seen and I fell in love.

haha. I agree! That old site they had was amazing.

That definitely helped.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>