Laughing City

Do you like Miley Cyrus and/or Hannah Montana?
Yes, and I'm in highschool.
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Yes, and I'm a grown-up.
15%
 15%  [ 11 ]
No, and I'm in highschool.
25%
 25%  [ 18 ]
No, and I'm a grown-up.
45%
 45%  [ 32 ]
Who?
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
No opinion.
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 70

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

vivalaspopie wrote:
sebas wrote:
the only good disney kid to pop out is shia Neutral

Shia is definitely the most talented to come out, but I have soft spots for Hilary Duff and Aly & AJ. Hilary actually got great reviews on one of her most recent movies.

They have also had other good talents within a few of their shows and movies, but they failed to gain further popularity (see: Margo Harshman, Adam Lamberg.)

I really like Ms. Duff as an actress. Are you referring to her movie with with John Cusack, War, Inc.? I was psyched for that about a year ago when I first heard about it because John Cusack is my favorite actor and I also thought Hilary was good and getting better. Plus the story seemed really cool. Anyway, I saw it a couple months ago and really liked it. Hilary's role was way different than anything she's ever done, and although she didn't have the best Eastern European accent in the world, I thought she did a great job. John and his sister Joan were also excellent, of course.

And, I'll admit, Aly & AJ have some really good songs, too... Embarassed Laughing

Oh yeah, and on the subject of Miley, uhhh, I really don't like her.
leighish
Vintage Newbie

the next time we hang out
I will redeem myself
my heart it can't till then
I can't wait to see you again!

aghdsguhadsguha

Embarassed

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

uncreative wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:
sebas wrote:
the only good disney kid to pop out is shia Neutral

Shia is definitely the most talented to come out, but I have soft spots for Hilary Duff and Aly & AJ. Hilary actually got great reviews on one of her most recent movies.

They have also had other good talents within a few of their shows and movies, but they failed to gain further popularity (see: Margo Harshman, Adam Lamberg.)

I really like Ms. Duff as an actress. Are you referring to her movie with with John Cusack, War, Inc.? I was psyched for that about a year ago when I first heard about it because John Cusack is my favorite actor and I also thought Hilary was good and getting better. Plus the story seemed really cool. Anyway, I saw it a couple months ago and really liked it. Hilary's role was way different than anything she's ever done, and although she didn't have the best Eastern European accent in the world, I thought she did a great job. John and his sister Joan were also excellent, of course.

And, I'll admit, Aly & AJ have some really good songs, too... Embarassed Laughing

Oh yeah, and on the subject of Miley, uhhh, I really don't like her.

I basically agree with all of your sentiments. I haven't watched War, Inc. yet though, but it was the one I was referring to. I, too, have big love for John Cusack.

Laughing Citizen

leighish wrote:
I will redeem myself
my heart can't rest till then
OH OH OOH OH I
oh I can't wait to see you again!

fixed!
Laughing
leighish
Vintage Newbie

crazeemunkeyz wrote:
leighish wrote:
I will redeem myself
my heart can't rest till then
OH OH OOH OH I
oh I can't wait to see you again!

fixed!
Laughing

Whew!

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

Everytime someone posts lyrics here I can't help but laugh. Laughing
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

vivalaspopie wrote:
I, too, have big love for John Cusack.

Very Happy
Recently I've been trying to watch all the John Cusack movies I haven't seen. I couldn't believe I had never seen the greats like Say Anything (not the band...) or Grosse Pointe Blank! Well, I'm waiting for my girlfriend to move back (in 2 weeks! Very Happy ) to rent Say Anything, because I think she'll like it, too. Even though I think she believes I'm in love with John Cusack... and that won't help my case. Laughing And every time I've gone into Blockbuster for the past 3 weeks Grosse Pointe Blank wasn't there (I'm guessing they lost their copy, but I'm DYING to see it!) so I'll have to try a different location. But all his movies I have seen I've loved. High Fidelity, War, Inc., Identity, Con Air, Runaway Jury, 1408, Serendipity (yes, I know, MAJOR chick flick, but I can watch that one alone any time. It's just so touching Embarassed ).

Whoa, sorry to get way off topic... Laughing (and to go emoticon crazy Laughing ok, that one wasn't necessary...)
magiugacire
Sea Post King

Miley Cyrus...Ewwwwwwww.
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

uncreative wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:

Very Happy
Recently I've been trying to watch all the John Cusack movies I haven't seen. I couldn't believe I had never seen the greats like Say Anything (not the band...) or Grosse Pointe Blank! Well, I'm waiting for my girlfriend to move back (in 2 weeks! Very Happy ) to rent Say Anything, because I think she'll like it, too. Even though I think she believes I'm in love with John Cusack... and that won't help my case. Laughing And every time I've gone into Blockbuster for the past 3 weeks Grosse Pointe Blank wasn't there (I'm guessing they lost their copy, but I'm DYING to see it!) so I'll have to try a different location. But all his movies I have seen I've loved. High Fidelity, War, Inc., Identity, Con Air, Runaway Jury, 1408, Serendipity (yes, I know, MAJOR chick flick, but I can watch that one alone any time. It's just so touching Embarassed ).

Whoa, sorry to get way off topic... Laughing (and to go emoticon crazy Laughing ok, that one wasn't necessary...)

I still haven't seen Grosse Pointe Blank, but please tell me you have seen Better Off Dead. It's incredible!

Vintage Newbie

vivalaspopie wrote:
uncreative wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:

Very Happy

I still haven't seen Grosse Pointe Blank, but please tell me you have seen Better Off Dead. It's incredible!

I haven't, but it's on the list! It'll for sure be one of the next few Cusack films I rent.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

I want my two dollars!!!!!!

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

I think those two "artists" just about sum up everything that is wrong with the music industry. Talent, musicianship, creativity are irrelevant to marketability. Absolutely horrible. The fact that it is catchy/hooky/entertaining. I want my music to be art. I want it to mean something more to the people making it than simply dollar signs.

But i am, as i have mentioned elsewhere, old and exceedingly grumpy. So feel free to ignore me.

love,
luke
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

ilitherian wrote:
I want my music to be art. I want it to mean something more to the people making it than simply dollar signs.

Good statement for sure.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.