Laughing City
Sharpelectricstar
Sea Post King

Eisley?... Confused Seriously? They're good... but not that good. Just sayin'.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

Sharpelectricstar wrote:

I could say the same for most of the bands you like. So shut it. Mad
Sharpelectricstar
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
Sharpelectricstar wrote:

Yeah, it's probably not a good idea to say that on an Eisley forum... Shocked

Anyway, flip a coin to decide which album to include.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
singsoftly
Golly, Poster

Room Noises definitely, one big reason being I think it has a lot more replay value.

When I fly solo, I fly so high.
gilbert
Sea Post King

Sharpelectricstar wrote:
patrock wrote:
Sharpelectricstar wrote:

Yeah, it's probably not a good idea to say that on an Eisley forum... Shocked

Anyway, flip a coin to decide which album to include.

such anger and hostility. lets all be happy. Embarassed
marshking
Sea Post King

Sharpelectricstar wrote:

To me they are that good. And that's what matters, eh?

I'm really compiling a list of 5 of my favorite albums that I think people should give a chance. I'm not going to put a Beatles and Radiohead album. Yeah, they are both incredible, monumental groups, but people know who they are.

It's not about obscurity, it's just about getting my opinion out. It's a column, a personal opinion and a chance to editorialize with my writing (that's why I prefer entertainment journalism--news stories cannot include personal input or opinion).

Eisley is my favorite band. Eisley writes my FAVORITE music, and, as a result, Eisley is going to be on this list. That's okay, I think.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
marshking
Sea Post King

golly_sandra wrote:
If you don't mind me asking.. what are the other four?

I'm not COMPLETELY sure yet, haha. I'm still working on that. It's all about the music I love and what I think is more college-student friendly. I'll probably put either a Rilo Kiley album or Jenny Lewis's first solo release on there. I have a problem with fancying bands with female vocalists, so that'll be an issue I have to work with.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sharrkmaster
Sea Post King

marshking wrote:
golly_sandra wrote:
If you don't mind me asking.. what are the other four?

I'm not COMPLETELY sure yet, haha. I'm still working on that. It's all about the music I love and what I think is more college-student friendly. I'll probably put either a Rilo Kiley album or Jenny Lewis's first solo release on there. I have a problem with fancying bands with female vocalists, so that'll be an issue I have to work with.

Haha, same here.. for some reason they have a lot more appeal to me. Jewel, Regina Spektor, Dresden Dolls.. I don't know.. something about a female lead vox attracts me. Maybe it's cause I'm a guy.. who knows.

But to add input on this discussion.. I say Combinations.. because it's more appealing to the masses.. blah blah.. basically repeat what everyone else already said. Haha.. Or why not just mention both and kinda group them into one album? Just cheat a little.. lol
Joined: 10 Mar 2008 | Posts: 136 | Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

I would put Room Noises.. and at the end of your description or reasoning, just throw Combinations in there too.
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

If I was stranded on the proverbial desert island, and I could have only one CD, it would be 'Room Noises!' No doubt about it! There are a lot of great albums around, but that is the one I couldn't live without Smile
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

I'd go with Combinations

-Mae West
Miss Pine
Golly, Poster

I would go with Room Noises because Eisley's fairy tale themes & sound on that album are so different from anything I've ever heard. While I really like Combinations, I think the themes & sound are a bit more generic and people may question why you chose it over another similar type of album. Not sure if what I'm saying rings true for anyone else or even makes sense.... but yeah, I'd go with Room Noises Smile.
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Miss Pine wrote:
I would go with Room Noises because Eisley's fairy tale themes & sound on that album are so different from anything I've ever heard. While I really like Combinations, I think the themes & sound are a bit more generic and people may question why you chose it over another similar type of album. Not sure if what I'm saying rings true for anyone else or even makes sense.... but yeah, I'd go with Room Noises Smile.
Rings true for me, and makes perfect sense! And yes 'Room Noises' is like nothing else I've ever heard! I think that is why I'm so captivated by it! It's unique and classic! Timeless!!
oliez
Vintage Newbie

marshking wrote:
[ Yeah, they are both incredible, monumental groups, but people know who they are.

then why not do a "Top 5 albums you've probably never heard" list? People go into "best lists" with expectations of seeing the bands you mentioned, but doing it this way might not come off as, if you haven't heard this album you don't know music. They'll know you're trying to introduce them to new artists and might respond better.
seansy
Sea Post King

I don't know which you would prefer I know I would choose Room Noises because even though in my opinion it's not as palatable as Combinations at first listen i think it has more Eisley to it, its extremely individual. I've been listening to both albums so long, and Room Noises just sticks with me maybe because what Jamie said it was their best songs in a span of years, but those songs are just so special.
That said you probably aren't going for long term, listen to this CD about two times a day every time your in the car people. In this case you might wanna go with Combinations like a lot of people are suggesting. Like others said its really well produced, and has a kickin start, and a nice harmonious quiet end.
Wow i really didn't help but I don't know my case and point. The better choice is probably Combos, but I'd pick Room Noises cause i think it's more individual to the Eisley sound.

The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death