Laughing City
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

patrock wrote:
Square Dog wrote:
Eh I bet they all drink like fish sometimes...

For some reason I feel like that is highly impossible.
My gut feeling is that Nora is right!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Square Dog wrote:
Eh I bet they all drink like fish sometimes, being teens and rock stars and all. Not being 21 doesn't hold most people back. That would loosen everyone up for sure. We could throw water balloons at passing cars, put a dry ice bomb in their pool or make up terrible impromptu songs.

You have a strange idea of fun.

Chauntelle is the only one I know of who has mentioned alcohol outright... in an interview I can't find now, she said she doesn't enjoy the taste.

But if you want to keep believing they're all secret drunks, go right ahead.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

It's quite possible to be crazy and have fun (and even tolerant of others' drinking) without actually wanting to imbibe.

That said, Eisley are thoroughly happy with coffee.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

I read an old interview where Eisley was asked if they drink alcohol. Jon said he had a beer every once in awhile and Sherri said "beeeer" but I don't know if she was just mimicking what he said or what. I doubt they drink much if at all.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
boyd
Eisleyoid

I think if I could spend a day with eisley, I would first work all night a gain, sleep for 4 hrs, stumble out of my digital cave in time to see Sherri leaving for the studio, quickly grab my Mac, camera, and catch a ride with her. I'd get there just in time to hear a few bars of the 3rd song they're recording JUST in time to have the city condensor at the sub-station (electric company) blow... So that Rosewood and 6000 other Tyler residents could lose power; Then I'd jump in the back of the car and dart with them over to Starbucks to wait for the power to come back on... But when it wouldn't, I'd leave with those eisley kids and drive to the other Starbucks (because the power still not on).. And we'd sit and talk and I'd listen to Sherri and Stacy glow with joy over how much they love working with Gary and Austin at the studio... And we'd drink our coffee...and we'd get bored finally... give Garron hugs since he'd be driving back to Houston... And we'd all drive to the bank and wait in a long, long line of cars at the drive-thru... And Stacy would play Stevie Wonder, the Temptations and los of MoTown jams on her ipod... And then we'd drive home to Eisley's house... But just before we arrived, I'd enter a short comment on the eisley forum to brag about my day-dream... And push submit without proofing it.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Last edited by boyd on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
rox_my_sox
Sea Post King

boyd wrote:
I think if I could spend a day with eisley, I would first work all night a gain, sleep for 4 hrs, stumble out of my digital cave in time to see Sherri leaving for the studio, quickly grab my Mac, camera, and catch a ride with her. I'd get there just in time to hear a few bars of the 3rd song they're recording JUST in time to have the city condensor at the sub-station (electric company) blow... So that Rosewood and 6000 other Tyler residents could lose power; Then I'd jump in the back of the car and dart with them over to Starbucks to wait for the power to come back on... But when it wouldn't, I'd leave with those eisley kids and drive to the other Starbucks (because the power still not on).. And we'd sit and talk and I'd listen to Sherri and Stacy glow with joy over how much they love working with Gary and Austin at the studio... And we'd drink our coffee...and we'd get bored finally... give Garron hugs since he'd be driving back to Houston... And we'd all drive to the bank and wait in a long, long line of cars at the drive-thru... And Stacy would play Stevie Wonder, the Temptations and los of MoTown jams on her ipod... And then we'd drive home to Eisley's house... But just before we arrived, I'd enter a short comment on the eisley forum to brag about my day-dream... And push submit without proofing it.

what he said Very Happy

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Imagine if you suddenly got the inspiration for the hookiest, catchiest song ever, grabbed your guitar in the studio, punched record, poised you hand to play the most amazing sequence of notes ever devised, and then the power goes out. That would be the definition of 'suck.' Hope it wasn't one of those days for them!

40 years later, those Motown records still can't be beat. The man who coined the term 'rhythm & blues' died last month, but those sounds he described will endure. Stacy is six kinds of awesome; instead of spending a day with Eisley, I'd like to borrow her for my next road trip.

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Frankly, I'd much rather they spend the day making music than fan-pandering with me. Then I could spend a day listening to the music instead; now that I DO enjoy.

I usually dislike hanging out with people where the interest/benefit is asymmetric. It always just feels like a patronising waste of time for everyone.
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

boyd wrote:

WOW! Sounds like a perfect day with EISLEY Smile Where do I sign up?! Wink Thanks for an inside look at a real day with EISLEY, Boyd...

drew8890
Sea Post King

I knew there was a reason I loved Stacy beyond reason... Stevie Wonder.
oh my goodness

xLottie
Sea Post King

inorbit wrote:

I usually dislike hanging out with people where the interest/benefit is asymmetric. It always just feels like a patronising waste of time for everyone.

I could see that as being weird. Although there always seems to be a sense of kindness and openness about eisley, maybe it wouldn't be so patronizing.

grainthrower wrote:
Stacy is six kinds of awesome; instead of spending a day with Eisley, I'd like to borrow her for my next road trip.

Haha, yes, she would make the most amazing road tripper!

pullmyhair
Sea Post King

i had dinner with them and we discussed skiing and stacy's (and my) fear of sharks and garron knocked over his drink all while we suggested songs for the show. unfortunately sherri had no voice and was sick so she wasn't there.
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

xLottie wrote:
inorbit wrote:

I could see that as being weird. Although there always seems to be a sense of kindness and openness about eisley, maybe it wouldn't be so patronizing.

I'm sure they would be exquisitely gracious- but you would know; they would know; the elephant would still be in the room.

Much more fun hanging out with real friends who you like and who like you, or getting to know someone who actually has an interest in getting to know you. Unless one had become friends with them independently for some reason other than just being a fan, of course, in which case I'm sure they're a lot of fun.

I worked for a guy in grad school once who was plugged in with a lot of famous scholars in his field; well, he was a famous scholar in his field. He took great pleasure in inviting me go his parties and introducing me to his famous scholar friends, which I was supposed to see as a great kindness. I didn't. I found that it was horribly awkward. I think so did they, but they're used to that sort of thing (having to condescend to interact with fawning grad students in whom they don't have the least interest).

First- OK, I had studied their work; thats the only connection I could claim with them; what was I supposed to do, bother them over wine and BBQ about some technical detail of their model? Or just fawn over them obsequiously until told to go away? More importantly, why on earth would they have the least interest in talking to me, and about what? And I wasn't really on a career track/ at a program of sufficient esteem that they were going to be particularly relevant as career contacts. Of course, they were very gracious, but we all knew it was a forbearance for them. If I saw one of them in an airport a year later he wouldn't know me from Adam.

Kind of feel the same way about bands.
Jared x
Lost at Forum

If I spent a day with them...I would want to eat breakfast with them at IHOP. Chocolate chip pancakes for the win. With a side of bacon. Shazam. After that? No clue. Maybe watch movies, travel around Austin because it's pretty cool here. Maybe I could coerce them into writing a song about a superhero.
keithabbott
Sea Post King

I think I'd just like to sit quietly in a corner somewhere and watch them write songs all day.