Laughing City
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

Give us your Eisley wish list for 2009. What are you hoping for? Where do you want to see the band? (literally) Talk to us about Festivals that are a must, events... scenes... shows, tours. I won't ask which bands you want them to tour with because we're following that thread but feel free to include short list so all info will be here.

Is there any chance the band could play at my college? Just kidding. It would be cool, though.

Where do you see this band going from here? What's left to accomplish? Is their job on earth done?

Hopefully, the band will get a push from FUSE or vh1 or Starbucks or iTunes. I don't know. I feel like with the right chemical reaction Eisley could blow up. I'd like to see the band continue to make music as long as it is what is best for their lives.

Do you like eisley because of their good vibe, their creativity, their home-spun brand, great music, their natural essence, their non rock-star attitudes or do you secretly wish that eisley was more bad-A and would just get out there, re-create/emulate what's out there? - i.e. same moves, gestures, language... same lifestyle you see in other rock bands?

No need to be all-out rockstars, but don't keep yourselves from having a little fun. (Jump and scream if you would like to!)

What kind of record are you expecting? Short paragraph about your dream record from Eisley? What kind of songs - big ones, small ones, radio ones, creative ones that alienate them from the industry or ones that work on both sides? Big fat record? Indie record? More Rock, less rock? What's missing? What do you want in #3 that was missing in "Combinations"? What kind of packaging do you want to see for this cd? (jewel case, digi-pack?) Does Eisley have much to prove with this 3rd record or are they forging their own path and simply need to continue making music for as long as they can?

Primarily, Eisley should focus on what they are feeling at the time and make the record with themselves in mind first. Personally, however I prefer the harder edge that came with the earlier recordings. I also enjoyed some of the instrumental experimentation on Combinations. And as always, tight harmonies.

Do you want bigger shows or smaller shows? I refer to production... do you want lights, backdrops, smoke, strobes, dazzling additives, etc (you get the idea - "production") ... or do you just want the same ole indie eisley to get out there and perform like always, w/o props and fanciful's? Are you bored at their shows? Do they need to bring it to the next level? What is that level?

I don't care what the show looks like, as long as the sound mixing is optimal. And I prefer standing room to sitting room.

Do you think that Eisley toured Combinations too much or too little? Should they do more opening for big acts or stick to headlining their own shows? How many times a year would you really be able to see the band anyway with so many other favorite bands out there?

I think the album was toured too little, but I understand why that happened. I don't know if I could make it to as many shows anymore now that I am in a college that isn't in a big city. (Our group used to have about 20 people at every show.)

What about more acoustic touring? Some of you liked it.... some obviously just stayed at home. They were small clubs. What gives? Is it pointless or is this softer/organic presentation important to eisley's career? Perhaps the band just do more in-stores so fans can see their acoustic, stripped down version instead of trying to wax acoustic... (?)

If the music is rockier, then acoustic shows would be a lot cooler. Seeing songs such as Combinations and I Wasn't Prepared done acoustically is not that different from a normal show.

A. Where is the industry going and how does Eisley fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV, digital radio, college? Should they remain on a Major, move to a minii-major, an Indie, become completely independent?

The music industry is going down the toilet. Good luck with that Confused. I think Eisley should aspire to be on the level of bands like Death Cab for Cutie and Rilo Kiley. They are well known and sell out larger venues, but don't generally get mainstream radio play.

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... Smile or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

I am just a typical college freshman. If I had to stereotype myself, I would mesh a little bit of nerd, a little bit of hipster, and a dash of political. My favorite bands are The Beatles and The Pixies, but I listen to a lot of folksy stuff (Iron & Wine, Sufjan Stevens) indie pop rock (Death Cab, Coconut Records) and electronica (MGMT, Justice). I dabble in jazz and the blues. If I listen to the radio, it's only for the classic rock station.

How old are you? What percentage of your friends listen to or care about eisley? What about your siblings? Parents? Are you an influencer or are you influenced?

I'm 18 years old. I have a buttload of friends back home that listen to Eisley. I've met a couple people at school who listen to Eisley at my school, but I've only been here a month.

Who are you listening to right now? Do you listen to some new bands because they're "blowing up"? Or does that make you shy away? How do you discover new bands? friends, myspace, facebook, youtube, on-line? Do you go buy the record or download from itunes? What bands do you think eisley should not tour with? (like bands you fear they would tour with... no wrong answer)

I am really into John Mayer, Beirut, Gogol Bordello, and Coconut Records at the moment. And I honestly steal most of my music. (All my Eisley albums are hard copies, though.) I hope Eisley doesn't tour with anybody like The Veronicas, Ingrid Michaelson, Paramore, Colbie Caillat, Daughtry, Katy Perry...

What about the streets? Do you think WB has done a good job w/ street teams and promoting the band? Do you think they pushed? Would it matter? Why isn't eisley bigger? What would make them bigger?

WB didn't push well enough. It's probably because they are losing a buttload of money and pretending like they aren't.

Sea Post King

Give us your Eisley wish list for 2009. What are you hoping for? Where do you want to see the band? (literally) Talk to us about Festivals that are a must, events... scenes... shows, tours. I won't ask which bands you want them to tour with because we're following that thread but feel free to include short list so all info will be here.

a new album obviously, some touring in early spring would be cool and if they reach london between jue and july i WONT complain at ALL (im studying abroad over there Very Happy) festivals are awesome so i approve of any you prob have in mind

What are your expectations for Eisley? Where have we not met expectations? Dream small. Dream big. No wrong answer. Talk to us.

I really just want THEM to keep doing what they are doing. WB needs to work on its game tho. a few features in music magazines or music stores...

Where do you see this band going from here? What's left to accomplish? Is their job on earth done?

anywhere they want to. as long as they stick to what they want to do i have NO problem. cos its not real if they dont agree. they have got many many MANY more years of work to do but they can do it. they just need the right moment

Do you like eisley because of their good vibe, their creativity, their home-spun brand, great music, their natural essence, their non rock-star attitudes or do you secretly wish that eisley was more bad-A and would just get out there, re-create/emulate what's out there? - i.e. same moves, gestures, language... same lifestyle you see in other rock bands?

everything. the personal feel. the normalness. the REALness
What kind of record are you expecting? Short paragraph about your dream record from Eisley? What kind of songs - big ones, small ones, radio ones, creative ones that alienate them from the industry or ones that work on both sides? Big fat record? Indie record? More Rock, less rock? What's missing? What do you want in #3 that was missing in "Combinations"? What kind of packaging do you want to see for this cd? (jewel case, digi-pack?) Does Eisley have much to prove with this 3rd record or are they forging their own path and simply need to continue making music for as long as they can?

some fanciful. some dark. some rock. some soft. some bluuuuuuues. go wild or not. i just want good... which they have not failed at yet Smile
Do you want them to get out on the road early or do the standard "set up" a month out like on Combinations? If they get out early, do you want to hear new music well before album is released or not? What is early? When do you expect to see the band? Winter...? early Spring? What about one-off shows? Where? A few big markets? (since they're recording, i assume you understand that a Fall tour is out) And do you think this long rest, delay, pause, vacation from "the road", the industry, publications, etc. will hurt them or do you sometimes think it's good for a band to hit it hard and then retreat (no over-saturated) ?

I LOVED THE ACOUSTIC TOUR IDEA! i didnt go cos i wasnt allowed to but i wanted to so bad and it looked lovely. i want to hear new music before anymore touring. unless its a festival
Do you want bigger shows or smaller shows? I refer to production... do you want lights, backdrops, smoke, strobes, dazzling additives, etc (you get the idea - "production") ... or do you just want the same ole indie eisley to get out there and perform like always, w/o props and fanciful's? Are you bored at their shows? Do they need to bring it to the next level? What is that level?

lights and thats about it. they are a band who could just walk on with no dramatic entry ad make it the best show of my life. simple touches are nice. nothing overly extravagant

Do you think that Eisley toured Combinations too much or too little? Should they do more opening for big acts or stick to headlining their own shows? How many times a year would you really be able to see the band anyway with so many other favorite bands out there?

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too little. it couldve had quite a run. well im about to learn to drive soon so i think i could see them many times a year. i got to about 30 shows a yr anyways

What about more acoustic touring? Some of you liked it.... some obviously just stayed at home. They were small clubs. What gives? Is it pointless or is this softer/organic presentation important to eisley's career? Perhaps the band just do more in-stores so fans can see their acoustic, stripped down version instead of trying to wax acoustic... (?)

yessssssssssssssssssss
A. Where is the industry going and how does Eisley fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV, digital radio, college? Should they remain on a Major, move to a minii-major, an Indie, become completely independent?

i will listen to much. no rap and im good. r&b pop rock sommmmme metal. i am not a usic snob in the slightest. to me, as long as it sounds good to my ears i could care less how much publicity it gets or doesnt get or who listens to it. im a college freshman and i love to read fantasy (reason why i got into eisley)

How old are you? What percentage of your friends listen to or care about eisley? What about your siblings? Parents? Are you an influencer or are you influenced?

im 18 yrs old Smile none of my friends listen to eisley. apparently theres too many female vocals for them and too much country (i kind of regret showing the golly sandra first Sad ) my sister likes a few of the songs like come clean and combinations and my best friends liked memories a lot

Who are you listening to right now? Do you listen to some new bands because they're "blowing up"? Or does that make you shy away? How do you discover new bands? friends, myspace, facebook, youtube, on-line? Do you go buy the record or download from itunes? What bands do you think eisley should not tour with? (like bands you fear they would tour with... no wrong answer)

once again I dont care if they're blowing up or not. if i like it ill listen. lately ive been listening tooooooooo The Hush Sound, Coldplay, Bloc Party, The Academy Is..., Stevie Wonder, Tokio Hotel, Prince, Muse, Radiohead, Steel Train, Death Cab For Cutie, Brendan Benson, Fall Out Boy, Spoooooon, The Sounds, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatever

they should never tour with pop/rock bands like PARAMORE!!!! cos chances are all of the hayley lovers would never get out of their minds that shes the best thing ever and accept that some female vocalists have REALLY got it going on as well...

Which relational sites or places on-line should eisley have key pages lush with content? Are people shifting from Myspace to other portals? Do you ever look at LastFM.com to see who else Eisley fans are listening to? Where is eisley NOT (on line)? Where is eisley lacking - on line? (besides merch) How can you help us? Ideas for on-line growth?

myspace is always good. id love to see them more on purevolume or last.fm... facebook has gotten bigger music wise

What about the streets? Do you think WB has done a good job w/ street teams and promoting the band? Do you think they pushed? Would it matter? Why isn't eisley bigger? What would make them bigger?

they have done a horrible job, eisley isnt bigger because... well DUH! look at the $#@! they have got on the radio!! and they have a hard time competing with jonas bros and paramore because of the style which is what a lot of music has pretty much become all about for the "fans"

Will you come see Eisley in 2009 or will you just get the music? How is the economy effecting your pocket book as it relates to supporting music? Do you think artists like eisley will get hurt in this new economy? Ideas for survival?

i'll get the music, see the shows, by the shirt... chances are they might get hurt. but its not their fault. its ppl Sad(((((((((((

What are we missing in merch? What do you want to see us sell? Where do you want us to sell it? - merch table at shows, on-line.... what about retail stores?

lots and lots of nice shirts. i have the epic hoodie of warmth already... THE SHOES!

What do you want to see in my lo-fi studio videos this time around?

music. the stuff that made it didnt make it or shouldnt make it. give me it allllllllll... or just some.

greatgood
Sea Post King

I would like them to come to KCMO. You guys always seem to hit Lawrence, but KC is better, in my opinion. Also closer to my house.

What are your expectations for Eisley? Where have we not met expectations? Dream small. Dream big. No wrong answer. Talk to us.

They have been met. Never break up.

Keep recording forEVER. I need at least five more albums for you guys to be "accomplished."

I like the subjects they write about. If I had a band I would be writing about aliens, dragons, everything AWESOME.

Personally, I enjoy the less rock sound. I LOVE everything you guys have made, but the fairy tale-esque songs are by far my faves. Definitely the creative ones that alienate them from the industry. I don't listen to the radio besides talk radio, so it doesn't really affect me if they get played on the air.

Do you want them to get out on the road early or do the standard "set up" a month out like on Combinations? If they get out early, do you want to hear new music well before album is released or not? What is early? When do you expect to see the band? Winter...? early Spring? What about one-off shows? Where? A few big markets? (since they're recording, i assume you understand that a Fall tour is out) And do you think this long rest, delay, pause, vacation from "the road", the industry, publications, etc. will hurt them or do you sometimes think it's good for a band to hit it hard and then retreat (no over-saturated) ?

I would say get out asap. I don't mind hearing new songs before their release, but it IS more fun to hear familiar songs in concert, so you can sing along. The Interface is a really cool podcast that has a lot of cool bands play.

I'm anti flashing lights. Bad news bears. Props are fun if they are unique and relate to the band. NEVER bored at their shows.

Stick to headlining. I saw you guys open for MuteMath, and it just wasn't enough Eisley. I don't usually see a lot of bands between work and school, but Eisley would definitely be a priority. I would absolutely go see every show in KCMO, maybe Lawrence, though last time I couldn't go, because the championship game was that night. I was not brave enough to drive through Lawrence.

I love acoustic songs. Tegan and Sara did an acoustic ep for iTunes. I think something like that from Eisley would be super.

Remain indie at the least.

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

I'm a big nerd. 21 years old. No real social life. Never had a real boyfriend. Liberal. I LOVE fantasy, scifi. English major. I used to be in love with George Harrison. I support a local coffee shop almost single handedly. I bleed coffee and tea. I work at a bank, and I hate it, but it can be fun sometimes.

21. I have gotten two friends into Eisley...maybe more. No sibs. Parents know that I like them. If I play anything else, such as Tegan and Sara, they say, "Is that Eisley?" I am a huge influencer.

Top 5 right now are Eis, Teg and Sa, Cold War Kids, the Decemberists, and Weezer. I just somehow discover new bands. For instance, iTunes gave out a free MGMT song. I was hooked. I like influences of bands I like; I started getting into Springsteen after getting addicted to Tegan and Sara. I go buy the record for favorite bands. Others I buy on iTunes.

Which relational sites or places on-line should eisley have key pages lush with content? Are people shifting from Myspace to other portals? Do you ever look at LastFM.com to see who else Eisley fans are listening to? Where is eisley NOT (on line)? Where is eisley lacking - on line? (besides merch) How can you help us? Ideas for on-line growth?

uh...They're on face...I don't really get on anything else....perez hilton, but they might want to stay away from him

I don't know many random people that have heard of Eisley. I just mentioned them to a guy the other day, and he was like who??? It doesn't really bother me. I like telling people about them. I don't want random people to start telling me about them like they are the newest band. I already know. I've been following you guys for 3 years.

Will you come see Eisley in 2009 or will you just get the music? How is the economy effecting your pocket book as it relates to supporting music? Do you think artists like eisley will get hurt in this new economy? Ideas for survival?

I haven't slowed down on music at all. I would still buy their albums and go to shows. I would cut back on shows first, but I doubt it will come to that. I can give up other things.

What are we missing in merch? What do you want to see us sell? Where do you want us to sell it? - merch table at shows, on-line.... what about retail stores?

Scarves? I don't know. I hardly ever have money to buy merch.

I like to see more making of stuff than just goofy stuff. I really like to see how records are put together. I like to see the different instruments recorded and the vocals. I like to hear the band deciding on if they want guitars turned up or more keyboards. I eat that stuff up.

cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:

I would love a new album to listen to, or even a new ep. some new eisley merch would be way cool. I want Sherri's art site up, so I can buy some of her artwork. The merch that of Monreal is selling along with their new record is killer, if would be really awesome if Eisley could do something similar. I'd like to see a headlining Eisley act this year. Perhaps if you come to sacramento, you could try a theater, and not a bar/club. i know the demographics make that unrealistic, but the last sacramento show had horrible sound, and it was soley due to the venue. i know for a fact that eisley shows usually sound great Smile I know eisley is a private band, but perhaps some video biographies of each member would be really cool. i would love to hear, for instance, what inspired stacy and sherri to write certain songs, or what it was like for garron when he joined the band.

More music videos! eisley is so freaking creative, and i would love to see some music videos showing off concepts they thought of. sherri's photographs show that she could help make some seriously awesome videos.

Well, a concept album would be genius. creating songs with more orchestra parts, like "marsh kings daughter." just delve into the essence of eisley, what separates them from other bands, and go deeper, you know? Harmonies, Nastalgia, Fantasy...quirks. I think Eisley is not done until they feel they are done.

I would vomit if I saw eisley go that route. Eisley is unique. There is no way to avoid taking cues from popular culture, but Eisley shouldn't force anything. Let it be about the music.

wait, people still listen to the radio? Indie record would be better. Whatever level of rock you feel is necessary will be fine. Just make songs that YOU like, and if people don't get it, they don't. As far as packaging goes, if you could sell the cd as a stuffed kangaroo, with the CD in the pouch, that would be pretty cool. I think bands should be more creative with packaging, because you will sell more cds that way. you can illegally download an album, but you can't download a cd package that converts into a paper robot. get the idea? Eisley shouldn't try and prove anything. again, just make music that you like, and we'll most likely like it too, since we're obsessed. people are attracted to things that are genuine, and unique.

I personally don't care when they tour in relation to the release of an album. I like hearing new songs live. They could test out new songs too, see what the crowd thinks. didn't radiohead do that?

I like big production shows. I love props and costumes and concept art. When Bright Eyes performed on their Cassedega tour, they all wore white and had white instruments and had flowers all over the stage. i loved it. of Montreal always has a crazy performance aspect to their shows. However, if Eisley is uncomfortable with that sort of thing, they should just stick to whatever they are comfortable with. I don't think it would kill them to go out on a limb and try something fun and new.

I thought the amount of touring was good. Honestly, as long as the show is under 30 bucks, I'd see them several times a year.

I love watching eisley play acoustic, but if i pay the money to see them, I want a full on show. In Stores are fun. keep doing those, if you can.

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... Smile or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

the industry is...well, making music is not enough. i think bands have an excellent opportunity to find new ways to make money, in an independent way. Major Labels are not good for bands, in my opinion, unless you are some blown up (and fake) pop star. For instance, i played a show once with some kid named "colbio" who is now on some big label and will probably make a lot of money. he is the opposite of eisley in my opinion. he creates super forced, copy cat, radio friendly songs that he probably hates. not to mention he wore "bling" that was made out of plastic. Like, that will be a metaphor for his entire career. seems larger than life, but in reality, it's a big fake mess.
i'm going off on a tangent. eisley may never make a great deal of money. but if that is what they are going for, they aren't the band I thought they were. I'd say, go as independent as possible. we don't need super glossy songs with big name producers, we need whatever pops out of stacy/sherri/chauntelle/weston/garron's heads. we like them, therefore, whatever they do, as long as it's genuine, we will like.

Who am I? I'm 24, graduating with a BS in Marketing Management from CPSU San Luis Obispo. I'm an artist, and I work at starbucks. I am a singer/songwriter. Family is my number one. Art is what I breathe. I spend about 50 dollars a month on music, the rest I rely on my friends to let me borrow their music.

24. about 10 percent of my friends are into eisley. my two brothers think eisley is wierd. My parents think I'm wierd. I am more of an influencer. I like what I like and others sometimes steal from my music library, or closet.

I am into Fleet Foxes, Conor Oberst, Tilly and the Wall, of Montreal, Gillian Welch, One AM Radio, MGMT, Arcade Fire, Neil Young... If a band "blows up" it has really nothing to do with what I think of them. I discover new bands from friends/family. YouTube is usually how I get into bands, I watch their live performances, music videos...and start obsessing. On occasion I have discovered new bands via NYLON mag, or Urban Outfitters.

I have no clue.

WB made a few mistakes in my opinion. They should have given Eisley more control, and they should have produced more eisley music videos. If they pushed, I didn't feel it. Eisley is not bigger because the majority of america is not ready for eisley. i honestly don't know what would make eisley bigger. maybe some controversy. Or, just something shocking, or memorable. something that people would talk about, i'm not sure what that would be.

I'm not sure how bad the economy will get. It hasn't really affected me yet, but I'm bracing for it. Just be yourselves, but don't be afraid to put yourselves out there. take risks. that's the only way to do it, in my opinion. I will for sure come see eisley in 2009.

you are missing...i dunno. i'd buy anything you guys made. i'd say, think out of the box. An Eisley table lamp would be amazing. Perhaps just a paper lantern. Retail Stores would be cool, but kind of hard to do. Urban Outfitters had a few Belle and Sebastian tees that I loved. Collaborate!

diologue is fun. interviews would be cool. we're crazed fans, and we want to be a part of the making of the cd, so just some video of them working would be cool.

mellon collie
Sea Post King

boyd wrote:

You definitely need to release this new music you're working on.
Totally come to Boston (and have an all ages show puhlease!), or better yet Providence, or better yet, come play in Westerly at my house. haha. tour with people who perform well.

I want to see Garron and Weston participate in more press stuff. not even press stuff - like they're not in the picture on the front of the site, and i feel like it doesn't accurately represent the band. It seems like everything always focuses on the girls, and the guys just hang in the background. don't get me wrong - i love sherri and stacy and chauntelle!!! but we don't see much of the other too...maybe they like it like that. i dunno. (and i also don't know if this properly answers the question asked here)

to the moon. their work on earth is done. haha. more and more music! more touring. more fans.

YES! i love you all the way you are. and NO! don't change. you're wonderful being not bad ass and cliche!

They obviously have to - no not have to, but they will grow a little bit, like all musicians and musicians and people do over time, and after creating stuff. But there's no reason not to continue with the wonderful, creative, and less traveled path they're on at the moment... if that makes sense.

wait til the album's out to tour with the new stuff or at least play it. that way, we can sing along! i want to see a tour in the spring. come to boston, and providence, or connecticut. but conn is boring so providence or boston. a smaller venue though so its more intimate etc. i think they(you) need time away from screaming(?) and singing fans to sleep in your own beds at home for a while.

same old eisley. you and the music. i've never been to one yet (cause this past boston show was 18+ Sad ) so i'd just like to see plain (not that you're plain! or that its a bad thing to be) normal you!.

opening acts equal more fans, i think - if thats what you're after Smile. they should so headline again though, of course.

ooo acoustic is nice. my mom would like that, methinks. i like small clubs, much more intimate.

college radio would be nice. then i could hear them on WBRU occasionally!

and

i'm a nerd, not a geek. i'm applying to college. i live in a small coastal town. but i can't wait to go to college in some city next year. i don't like starbucks, even if you guys love it and glorify it Smile i don't adhere to normal teenage activities/attitudes...(does that make sense?) i love music - eisley, u2, alanis, smashing pumpkins, beatles, etc. etc. etc. i love to read - salinger, dave eggers, harry potter, and movies are alright. i used to care what kind of clothes i wore in order to fit into some level of the social ladder but now i could care less - but i seriously need a hair cut now :/ ....hmm i hope i don't sound like i have a lot of ego. i'm really quiet (at times not) and would probably never say any of this out loud. and i have tons of homework to be doing at the moment

i'm 17. (legal next year!) i've gotten two friends into eisley. maybe a sister, and definitely the other one (as well as a few of her friends). my dad's into it a little, but my mom will turn it off if you're playing - i'm trying to get her into it, i swear! in terms of eisley, i'm an influencer.

alanis - (saw for the second time in like 10 years on monday) ; alexi murdoch (who opened for her) - singles/stuff thats playing on the radio right now, i guess. "let's dance to joy division" makes me dance! umm other bands lead me to other bands. and friends, i s'pose, influence me too. i'll buy the record. i hate myspace and facebook.

i like this site

no. i haven't seen/heard of much promotion from them

yes i think i'll come see them. and definitely buy the record. depends on how expensive the show is. if its cheap like last time - yes i'll go! walk don't drive. recycle. i dunno.

bags again maybe. stickers! something like last time's lithograph (gram?) again.

the band. having a marvelous time making good music. and talking to us.

Thanks. bd

voxear
Sea Post King

Keepers:
+ small, affordable venues.
+ journals.
+ terrific art.
+ great, pretty affordable merch.
+ straight-forward shows
+ media clips online
+ just eisley in general

Possible losers:
- it's already been pointed out about tour mates that aren't that compatible/interesting. Kind of subjective complaint though, because everyone has something different in mind.
- being somewhat dependent on backing tracks due to incorporating different instruments, etc.
- digital-only releases.
- kind of 'pushing the brand' a bit too much. I dunno, who am I to talk... you gotta do what you gotta do.
- I agree about the album being short... just know that we're not going to be bored by the end of ten songs... like "oh, more of the same..." Not at all. You can totally give us a double album if you like.

Ideas:
+ for merch, more unique items would be awesome... say blank cards with Sherri's art on the front. I would totally buy 'em and give them to people. Or frame them. Blank notebooks? Also, investing in some vinyl with nice packaging (a bit different from CD) would be awesome. I'd buy that.
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

this is sooooooooo long. don't hate me.

Give us your Eisley wish list for 2009.
I hope Eisley does more acoustic tours in the future.
I know it's not as "rock and roll," but they perform flawlessly in this setting.
Please come to San Antonio and play somewhere that is not the White Rabbit.

What are your expectations for Eisley?
I would love it if Eisley connected with their fans more in person. This could possibly be accomplished with meet-and-greet pass contests,etc. I'm not saying they have to sit out there all night and chat it up.

I see the band coming up with excellent ideas that actually happen. I see them on tour with bands more fitting to their style of music, getting together a great promotional campaign for the next album. Promotion for Combinations was, frankly, sorely lacking.
I think it would be absolutely genius for the band to collaborate with other artists, too.

No, do not become like everyone else! Eisley is my favorite band because they are so different. Room Noises is still one of my favorite albums. Combinations is great, too, but it doesn't have the same Eisley vibe. You guys cannot let what people think influence your attitudes...sometimes I see this happening and it makes me sad. Stick to your guns!

What kind of record are you expecting?

I would love to see the band revert to their original, creative style. The thing that gets me is this: any artist can pull off a performance of a "combinations"-type love song, but there are very few musicians in this world that can pull off a song like "one day i slowly floated away" or "the mainframe" (yes, I did just say that.)In my opinion, the songs on Combinations relied too heavily on repetition-I would love it if the girls wrote a few songs that veered away from the traditional verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus thing. What about a song with no repetition at all? Wouldn't that be amazing? Also, half the time I'm almost sad for Stacy because her piano arrangements are beautiful and often get hidden in a song thats trying to be "more rock." I would die happy if there was a song on record #3 that was just the girls, a piano, and some drums.
Lastly, think about experimental packaging and art for LP 3. Cover art and design make the biggest first impression in stores, after all. Am I the only one that would like something abstract for the cover? Hm...

Do you want them to get out on the road early or do the standard "set up" a month out like on Combinations?

2005 was a "hitting it hard" year for Eisley. It was the perfect year for them. I love that they did mini headlining "tours"-it's great for people who are new to them, 'cause if you didn't catch them the first time around you can see them in a few months, you know? And just because they are not on tour does not mean they need to "retreat."
when they are not touring, perhaps they could have one day a month where they go to each of the top 5 eisley-friendly cities and play a special show.

Do you want bigger shows or smaller shows? I refer to production... do you want lights, backdrops, smoke, strobes, dazzling additives, etc (you get the idea - "production") ..
I could not care less about fancy-ness at a show. Seriously. The eis-team should be concentrating on making the sound top-notch Smile
In all honesty, I love you guys (I have never loved another band more, or given them more of my time) but you have got to stop rushing through the set list on stage. It seems like there is about 5 seconds in between each song, and Sherri is the only one that ever talks. I would prefer shorter set lists and more interaction. If my only desire was to hear live versions of the songs, I could go on youtube. I'm not paying money to have the songs shot off at me from a musical cannon...I want an experience. I want to be able to say "hey, this show was really unique!"

Do you think that Eisley toured Combinations too much or too little?
I think Eisley toured combinations the right amount, just with slightly "off" timing-the acoustic tour was wrapping up just as the record came out. So, for example, a new fan that bought "Combinations" 2 weeks after it's release would've had to wait a month and a half before seeing them open for someone else and all the way until April until they headlined. Kind of messed up, no?

What about more acoustic touring?
If the band only did acoustic tours for the rest of their career, I would be the happiest girl on earth. Do you realize how much more amazing the girls are when they're not wrestling with the loudness?

A. Where is the industry going and how does Eisley fit?
Where
I don't think they should've signed with a major label. I have a feeling if they'd gone indie-label or self-maintained instead, they would be drowning in success right now.
My favorite songs of "theirs" were recorded in your house. Yes.

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph.
I am an artist. I am a writer (except when on the 'net, cause no one cares what you write like on a forum.) next year I will be in art school studying writing. I listen to Jason Mraz way more than I should, because his pinky finger contains more talent than most people's entire bodies. My favorite band besides Eisley is Travis...no one besides Fran Healy could sing "She's so Strange" sincerely.I am a fan of the musician who struggles to be heard.

I am 17. 4 of my friends like Eisley. My siblings don't. My mom does. She dances to Golly Sandra in the kitchen. I am an influencer.

Who are you listening to right now?
At this very moment, I am listening to Travis' "12 Memories" and singing very loudly to "Quicksand." I tend to find out about musicians years before my peers, and by the time they get popular, I can't stand them.
some of my other faves are:
jason mraz
james morrison
levi weaver
imogen heap
Please, for the love of God, do not let Eisley tour with any band who thinks they are "hardcore" or whose fans tend to dye their hair purple and cut it themselves. Eisley is not hardcore. They never will be. And that's amazing.

Which relational sites or places on-line should eisley have key pages lush with content?
Hmm...
I really enjoyed the era when the girls had public myspaces and would post blogs and nifty stuff, but it seems like facebook is good for that, so I got nothin'.

Eisley is not bigger because the WB has taken the wrong marketing approach with them, treating them like the average band. a band as special as Eisley deserves to have the most experimental approach possible, and the WB is not a label to experiment on.
Street Teams rarely impact the average music fan. They aren't going to look at the eisley banner in your forum signature and say "let me check out that band": everyone has a signature like that. As for the flyers and stickers sent out for the acoustic tour, I don't think they helped- all that came of that was the members clogging up flickr with their "hey look at me I posted a flyer on this lamp post! can I have a prize?" pictures.

[/b]
I will attend every eisley show in my area for the rest of time. The only one i missed was because two of my relatives died that week.
A really excellent solution for the economically-troubled eisley fan is to plan a special show, video the whole thing in HQ, compress it. Then, they can be put on a special mailing list for people-who-missed-the-show, and the show (which should be infinitely better than what is found on youtube) can be sent to them as a zipped file.

What are we missing in merch?
I love sherri, but i would like for there to be eisley merch that doesn't have her art on it. I only say this because many of my friends have been turned off by the feminine nature of it. I think they're amazing!
I could go for a tank top. I dislike tshirts. I modify all of my eisley shirts into tank tops.
Do a merch table at shows.
Also, is it possible to special-order an autographed shirt and be charged slightly more for it? That'd be sweeet.

tracking vocalllllllls[/i]
disastertransport
Sea Post King

Chauntelle to sing more a whole song would be amazing.

an Eisley meet and greet would be cool. before the concert or something

to be awesome and everyone to know that they are awesome

i think that you guys are awesome the way you are cause there aren't that may bands that are like you i think its great that you guys aren't like everyone else

as long as you guys have indie ones i'll be good and if you have more a rock edge to some then thats cool. but i really don't care how that music sounds but it the lyrics are good that the music will be amazing

YES play the new music that should even be a question silly boyd. you should do a winter/spring tour or something i don't really know but as long as you go everywhere not just texas new york and california.

i think production or props whatever would be cool but as long as its not to much cause then it doesn't seem indie. you should have weston and garron talk on stage. and maybe for one song have everyone switch instrument like stacy drums weston guitar and sing garron guitar and sing sherri piano and chauntelle bass and sing cause she needs to sing more. i think that it would be awesome if you guys could do that it would be awesome to see.

i loved the acoustic tour. when i went the only reason why i was there was cause it was my best friends birthday and i didn't really like eisley my brother even tried to get me into them but i really didn't get into them until i started playing guitar. i think it was cause i gained more respect to more music or something but now eisley is my favorite band.

it would be awesome to turn on mtv or vh1 and see GOOD music. once in a blue moon there is good music or people that have talent but its rare.

i'm a christian a girl scout (yeah i know but i'm not one that goes and is crazy about selling cookies) and an indie kid. i don't care what people think about me. i love to mock but i don't do it to be mean i just do it to be funny. i like to be creative in photography drawing. and i hate my school cause everyone is a prep. and i'm weird and random.

17. 5 like eisley but thats my core friends. both of my siblings like eisley i even got my mom liking eisley. i'm probably an influencer cause i don't copy anyone at least i try not to.

stuff thats popular makes me want to stay way but if i liked it before i knew it was big then i still like it. i discover bands from band but mostly friends. buy the record i like a hard copy. the devil wears prada it would be funny but screamo and indie don't go together but it would be funny cause you could call it the 2 worlds collide or screamie yeah screamie is better well at least funnier.

radio would

i would see the show and buy the record. they might be hurt but if you get the merch stuff up and running we will all be hurting not you guys.

online cause i don't know what stores you could sell the stuff at. t shirts, zip ups , beanies, drawings, the demos so we can see the original stuff and then tell you what we like better or whatever. but if you could sell demos that would be amazing

i liked that everyone had a turn with the camera. i think that you guys are sweet and you guys humor me so as long as there are funny stuff it will be awesome.
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

I just want Eisley to do what makes them happy.

Every Eisley member is so nice! Very Happy No, they should not be like other bands.. uniqueness is good.

cd? (jewel case, digi-pack?) Does Eisley have much to prove with this 3rd record or are they forging their own path and simply need to continue making music for as long as they can?

I hope it proves Eisley is a solid band, but they are just forging their own path.. that's the right thing i think.

I hope there's three Eisley shows that i can go to next year. Smile

Im just so happy just to see them there on stage. Smile

I think about 50% care about eisley. My neighebor has come with me to some of the shows, he was there at Cynthia Woods. My parents care for eisley too! Smile

I still dont recommend a street team. Embarassed It would be nice though if the area around here was the type where you could hang a poster or place a sticker for others to find and enjoy (like Austin). Then a street team maybe..

im definately coming to see them! Smile

You are missing Eisley buttons. Well, not really.. ive missed them and would be so happy to buy some! Smile

Thank you boyd.

Last edited by Unregistered on Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:28 am; edited 4 times in total
Sharpelectricstar
Sea Post King

More music and more tours! Bonnaroo is a must. Very Happy

They need to accomplish the art of six hour jam sessions on stage. Cool

Jewel case for packaging. They should do whatever they want for the music and not make music based off of what people who take surveys say. Very Happy

Big productions can be nice, if done well. Mixing things up can be good, as long as the band keeps mixing things up from tour to tour (ever seen a band that plays the same tour over and over, with maybe just a variation in setlist?.. it's boring!).

They never came to Charlotte. Come to Charlotte! Sad

I'm 16. I know a few people that are fans of Eisley. Two of my siblings are Eisley fans. My dad likes Eisley. No idea what "influencer" means.

I've been mostly listening to older bands. Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, R.E.M., The Smiths, and that sort of thing. I never listen to a band just because "they're blowing up." I find most of my music online. Eisley should not tour with Metro Station.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pullmyhair
Sea Post King

Play in Ann Arbor, MI! Or at least do an instore there…we have the “original” Borders and they constantly have a stream of good artists/actors/authors doing live shows/readings there (“Border’s Live at 01”, it is called). Also, I think you should do a mini-university tour.

What are your expectations for Eisley? Dream big. Dream small. No wrong answer. Anything goes. Talk to us.

Stay themselves. Make good, true music. Don’t give into what kind of music people want them to make…they already did a fabulous job on Room Noises.

Do you like eisley because of their good vibe, their creativity, their home-spun brand, their honesty and non rock-star attitudes or do you secretly wish that eisley was more bad-ass and would just get out there, re-create the same moves, gestures, language, lifestyle that other bands live out/use?

Good vibe/creativity/home-spun brand/honesty/non rock-star attitudes.

What kind of record are you expecting? Short paragraph about your dream record from Eisley? What kind of songs - big ones, small ones, radio ones, creative ones that alienate them from the industry or ones that work on both sides? Big fat record? Indie record? More Rock, less rock? What's missing? What do you want in #3 that was missing in "Combinations"? What kind of packaging do you want to see for this cd? (jewel case, digi-pack?)

Simple, creative songs that tell stories the way that no other band in the industry does; I’d prefer no radio-friendly ones because those always seem to hold true to some formula in one way or another. LESS rock, it doesn’t feel like Eisley! Neato cardboard packaging (with stickers of a Sherri drawing?).

Do you want them to get out on the road early or wait till this is about to hit the street? If they get out early, do you want to hear new music well before album is released or not? What is early? When do you expect to see the band? Winter...? early Spring? Since they're recording, i assume you understand that a Fall tour is out. Do you think this long rest, delay, pause, vacation from "the road", the industry, publications, etc. will hurt them or do you sometimes think it's good for a band to hit it hard and then retreat?

Naturally (/selfishly) I would like them to tour asap but you guys tour so much and give so much to the fans that you should do what you want; a break is always nice. Or, do a small acoustic tour (!) and then take a break and do an all-out #3 tour.
Do you want bigger shows or smaller shows? I refer to production... do you want lights, cameras, smoke, strobes... or do you just want the same ole indie eisley standing, performing? Are you bored at their shows? Do they need to bring it to the next level? What is that level? What goes thru your head when you walk up to the club and you see Eisley's bus? Is it different than when you saw their van parked in front?

Smaller shows definitely. It reminds me of shows played 5 years ago that were lovely and personal (they are still lovely, just not as personal). The bus is different from the van but I think that aspect just comes with recognition in the industry…no one should have to tour in a small van with 8+ peeps, though I always did enjoy seeing the van.

Do you think that Eisley toured Combinations too much or too little? Should they do more opening for big acts or stick to headlining their own shows?

Headline their own shows! Or if you open for big acts, no gross punk rock bands (I strongly agree with the Mates of State suggestion).

What about more acoustic touring? Some of you liked it.... some obviously just stayed at home. They were small clubs. What gives? Is it pointless? should the band just do more instores so fans can see their acoustic, stripped down version or purposely to there like we did before?

YES pls. If you can’t do an acoustic tour, definitely do a bunch more instores…in Ann Arbor, at least!

19 (20 nov. 2nd). A fair percentage, and all of my close close friends love them. Definitely an influencer.

Bands that are “blowing up” definitely make me shy away. Last.fm helps a lot with finding new bands. So do roommates with good/similar music taste. Currently listening to: She and Him (amazing! Zooey deschanel/m. ward), Eisley, Mates of State, Fleet Foxes, Radiohead, Akron/Family, Sigur Ros, Mum, Band of Horses, Cocorosie, Midlake, Ditty Bops, etc. No more punk rock/rock bands! Please!

Which relational sites or places on-line should eisley have key pages lush with content? Are people shifting from Myspace to other portals? Do you ever look at LastFM.com to see who else Eisley fans are listening to? Where are we NOT? Where is eisley lacking - on line? (besides merch) How can you help us? Ideas for on-line growth?

I think the myspace obsession has switched to facebook. But you guys are doing a good job online-wise, I think.

Ehh I don’t think really in Michigan. I’m sure it’s different in every place though, so I cant speak in general about that. And I think word of mouth works the best, but I don’t know how to attack that issue.

Doy yes. I’d only go to see a few bands since gas is so expensive but Eisley’s one of them. Try to play in cities that are most accessible/desirable to flock to in the state (i.e. Detroit isn’t the best).

Anythang/everythang. And some good Weston comedy.

lace face
Sea Post King

I changed my mind
1. I am hoping for touring in austin, and i know its a long way from now but next year i hope you guys play ACl. Also new music is what i want the most.

3. I see them getting bigger every album, gaining more and more fans.

5. I think the record should sound like whatever fits best with the content of the song... I am not picky any eisley song will make me happy. I do like songs like A Sight To Be Hold and Head Against the sky.

7. I like smaller shows, more personal and most people who go to small shows go for the whole package.

8. I think eisley should do more headlining shows. But if they open for more bands like mute math its all good. Eisley is my favorite band so i would go to their show before another if that was a problem.

11. I am 15. I made my sister an eisley fan but my parents aren't fans for whatever reason. I am an influencer, i tell anyone about eisley half i liked them so its looking up.

12. I don't like real big bands but i don't not try to like them because of that. I am listening to Death Cab, Mates of State, Arcade Fire, 311, Rilo Kiley. I download if its a band i am not familar with... but my fav bands i buy the records from my local record store. I think they should tour with MATES OF STATE!!! Or something similar. They shouldn't tour with punk bands.

14. I don't think WB has done a good job this time around. Room noises they did alright. Combinations was almost like forgotten.

15. If they come to Austin i will. If its after december 30th i can probably go as far a san antonio because i can drive then.

16. I think online merch and at shows. No retail stores... I want the eisley shoes on here and hoodies and shirts.

17. In the videos i want a glimpse of some vocals and some of the melodies you have been cookin up.
muffinbreath
Sea Post King

i'm hoping for not losing hope. i know the industry is struggling and you guys may be struggling after combinations, which was a GREAT album that should have gotten more recognition.
keep pushing. we love you. don't leave us! its my greatest fear.
i hope for another great headlining tour, some festivals (BFD at the shoreline in CA is great during the summer)
more music videos perhaps?
other than, you guys are amazing. you're constantly keeping us updated, which is so great. no other band really does that.

What are your expectations for Eisley? Dream big. Dream small. No wrong answer. Anything goes. Talk to us.

just to get out there more i guess? maybe try to get on tour with some bigger bands that are more like yourself. maybe do a few concerts on someone's headlining tour so that we can get a bigger fan base? i'm not sure how the business side of things works, but i can see that some people feel like you're struggling. i dont know if you do or not. maybe you wouldn't be asking this question if you felt comfortable w/ where you guys are... but i love you guys the way you are. i love the concerts, they couldn't get any better, i love the music and you seem to be releasing new albums without too much time in between. idk. i'm not that helpful i guess.

Where do you see this band going from here? Is their job on earth done? What's left to do? (i know the answer but i want your response)

their job on earth is NOT done! are you kidding me! many more people need to be graced with their music! idk how to do it, but its never going to happen if you guys quit. not saying that you will, but i want to be able to hear you guys in concert in 10 years.

Do you like eisley because of their good vibe, their creativity, their home-spun brand, their honesty and non rock-star attitudes or do you secretly wish that eisley was more bad-ass and would just get out there, re-create the same moves, gestures, language, lifestyle that other bands live out/use?

do nothing like other bands. or i will kill you. the end.
you guys are perfect the way you are. you're majestic in your creativity, you are relatable with your home-spun feel, etc. you're all that i want a band to be. im not sure i'd like you guys as much if i never heard from you. just because there's so much more to being a band than music and you guys realize that. makes me feel like you care and you're in it for all the right reasons.

What kind of record are you expecting? Short paragraph about your dream record from Eisley? What kind of songs - big ones, small ones, radio ones, creative ones that alienate them from the industry or ones that work on both sides? Big fat record? Indie record? More Rock, less rock? What's missing? What do you want in #3 that was missing in "Combinations"? What kind of packaging do you want to see for this cd? (jewel case, digi-pack?)

hard question!!! serious, angry, heartfelt, with stacy & sherri really belting it. like in HATS and many funerals. i'd like to hear more of that type of songs. but definitely keep in the jolly, mellow ones as well. more rock. i dont' know what you mean about indie (genre or independent from warner). but i love the indie genre, but am scared of what will happen if the label is dropped... eek!
nice big CD case w/ lots of pictures, who wrote the song mentioned, etc.

Do you want them to get out on the road early or wait till this is about to hit the street? If they get out early, do you want to hear new music well before album is released or not? What is early? When do you expect to see the band? Winter...? early Spring? Since they're recording, i assume you understand that a Fall tour is out. Do you think this long rest, delay, pause, vacation from "the road", the industry, publications, etc. will hurt them or do you sometimes think it's good for a band to hit it hard and then retreat?

winter is far too early! it'd be fun to hear some new stuff before it came out, but not to the point where the songs are going to change drastically when we hear them on the record... idk. soon-ish is better because i don't think its better to hit it hard and then retreat. if you're always doing something, then people are less likely to stray. :]

Do you want bigger shows or smaller shows? I refer to production... do you want lights, cameras, smoke, strobes... or do you just want the same ole indie eisley standing, performing? Are you bored at their shows? Do they need to bring it to the next level? What is that level? What goes thru your head when you walk up to the club and you see Eisley's bus? Is it different than when you saw their van parked in front?

i loved the combinations tour feel. i loved the small crowd and small venues, but LOVED the lights, loud music, etc. production was great, but going to big would make it less... intimate? which is what eisley has become. i mean, look at you asking these questions. what other band even cares? it'd be weird if i had to worry about getting to the front row at a show.

Do you think that Eisley toured Combinations too much or too little? Should they do more opening for big acts or stick to headlining their own shows?

headlining is best! i think they toured just the right amount. so that they could get the tour done and on to the next album! plus, we don't want to burn them out. i'm sure the couple months of break you guys had was great and much-needed. it'd suck to go from touring to recording in just a few weeks. that'd mean you'd have to write while you were on tour. don't give up your movie nights. get some rest!

What about more acoustic touring? Some of you liked it.... some obviously just stayed at home. They were small clubs. What gives? Is it pointless? should the band just do more instores so fans can see their acoustic, stripped down version or purposely to there like we did before?

i dont think that i would ever attend an acoustic show just because so much is missing from it. i guess its just my taste, but i like to see garron and weston rocking out and i like to hear the songs like i did on the record. plus, its harder to sing along at acoustic shows cuz everyone can hear you. haha.
although, i'm sure some do like the acoustic shows better, its just my opinion. i've actually never been to one ever, so who am i to judge?

Where is the industry going and how does this little band fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV? Major/Minor/Indie...? Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my highschool.... or i am emo. I have great rage. nobody understands me... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, want to lash out because but hate my parents and i don't want to ever work or contribute to society...

i think that this band could fit anywhere in the industry. i definitely don't want them to be mainstream and fall into what the industry wants. but if you guys need that kind of support or that income coming in, then do it. whatever it takes to keep you guys going. really. that's all i care about.
i don't really subscribe to a label or stereotype. i'm kind of in the middle. i dress somewhat like the girls in eisley. i dye my hair, i wear semi-skinny jeans, mary jane flats. i have 2 tattoos. but i'm not out there. i enjoy the little things and i have fun like a kid would. i don't drink, do drugs, etc. just like to have movie nights, dance in the rain, hang out at the park, picnic. i'm like a modern day hippie??? i'm just normal.
i think that most eisley fans would fit into my category if i had one. although i do think that you guys attract the emo group as well.

i am 20 years old. i've been an eisley fan since i was 18. i have a close-knit group of 8 friends. meaning, that they are the friends i see almost every day. and 100% of them love eisley. we all went to a show together in May actually. i do have some friends that don't like eisley, but they like more mainstream music like maroon 5 and nickelback. actually, a LOT of people in my small town like eisley. local bands are always doing covers. my sister LOVES eisley. i introduced them to her a while ago and you guys are the ONLY band we agree on. my parents don't like eisley mostly because they're into the 80's metal still and can't get out of it. haha. i am an influencer. i have a car sticker, i talk about it all the time, try to get support. i realize the importance of a fan base and fans doing their part. i volunteer at the hospital gift shop every week and i made an eisley CD to play during store hours. those little things make me feel like an influencer.

bands that are blowing up, i shy away from. although if i knew of them before they blew up, then i love it. its so good to see them succeed. i'm into tegan and sara's new "the con" album, i love and adore rilo kiley and jenny lewis. i love the band SHE & HIM. i love mgmt, The Like, Tilly & The Wall, etc.
i discover new bands through friends mostly. or through what my bands like. sherri actually got me to listen to mgmt and now i love them.
i download from itunes because its cheaper, but if i really love a band, i will by the hard copy. i have all the hard copies from Eisley and from Rilo Kiley. that's about it.
i would not want eisley to tour with Say Anything. i'm scared that eisley might tour with them because of Max. Max doing some parts is cool because i do respect what he does, but Say Anything's music is not my thing, although i do like their lyrics, etc. its just a different feel. i didn't like The Myriad. idk who else...

Which relational sites or places on-line should eisley have key pages lush with content? Are people shifting from Myspace to other portals? Do you ever look at LastFM.com to see who else Eisley fans are listening to? Where are we NOT? Where is eisley lacking - on line? (besides merch) How can you help us? Ideas for on-line growth?

idk about this. i'm content with this sites and the facebooks. youtube is great too and i'm sure more will be added soon, so i have no ideas on this one. :] i don't really look anywhere else.

i don't think WB has done a good job. reading the info on this forum about WB doesn't make me think they pushed you guys hard enough. one obvious thing is that there was only 1 music video. you guys aren't on VH1 or MTV very often, etc. Even Vedera has been featured in the background of The Hills on MTV (a huge promoter) and you guys deserve to be there. I have no idea why eisley isn't bigger except that a lot of people have never heard of eisley. if they did, there would be a lot more fans. almost every single person who i've asked if they know who you are, say no. then when i let them listen to the music, they like you. i don't know how to best get you out there, but exposure should be the number 1 thing. its not the music or the persona that's lacking.

i will definitely see Eisley in 09. for sure. maybe more than once. i don't care what it costs. i'm an extremely poor college student, but the last show i saw was like $25, so who cares, right? the economy is hurting everyone, so it will probably hurt eisley, but what're you gonna do? run for president, boyd!

i want you to sell it everywhere that you can. ebay would be great. online store, etc. shows, yes, but not JUST shows. its so hard to get your hands on eisley merch its ridiculous! bumper stickers, t-shirts, hoodies, posters, socks? haha.

i love the videos. maybe more just "hanging with the duprees". studio video is really fun to watch just to see what you guys do. maybe give the camera to the kids sometimes (like you usually do). have more talking, explaining, etc.
my favorite clip of any video what when sherri & stacy were messing around with musical instruments and banging on a gong. or when stacy was singing but we couldn't hear the music. it was so cool!
Miss Pine
Golly, Poster

** Shoot, I totally messed this up and can't delete it now. I will come back later (probably tomorrow) and write up my answers in here.

EDIT: I'm just going to make a new post, because I think it would be a waste to fill out the survey and have it go unnoticed. Sorry about wasting space!
Last edited by Miss Pine on Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:26 am; edited 3 times in total
trinnibee
Sea Post King

I know that they came to my school (Biola) before, but that was the year before I started going here, and I think it'd be cool if they came back -- I think there's more of a fan base here now. But if not, then anywhere in the Orange County area (which shouldn't be a problem).

I just want Eisley to keep creating great music forever and ever.

Their job on earth is never done.

I like their unique qualities that make them the great band that they are. Natural, creative, motivated, and they already are Bad-A -- they don't care what the mainstream wants, they just give us what they got and what they like.

I'd like to have some nice One Day I Slowly Floated Away-esque songs, (Mr. Pine) and the other ones with more instruments like Come Clean and Combinations. anything they make is pretty, rock or not. Many Funerals is pretty great too... and Head Against the Sky. so I guess a good variety.

I think they should tour whenever they feel ready, but I'd rather not have it be before the new record. I like knowing songs when I go to concerts.

Their last tour was pretty cool with all the lights and cool new intros to songs. but I intimacy is something they should never lose. it's nice and friendly.

and

I wouldn't really say I want to see them go mainstream, but that's only because I don't want them to start morphing into every other band out there... so if they can get big without losing their color then it'd be cool if they were on the radio and tv more.

I'm a 20 year old girl, in college, starting to brew my thoughts and plans for owning my own coffee shop/concert venue. and Eisley will definitely be booked at my shop when it's up and running.

like I said, 20. I'm an influencer -- gotten a few friends to become huge fans, but also have some that are only neutral fans -- like their sound but don't know anything about them. I try to play them at the coffee shop I currently work at a lot, in hopes someone will come ask who they're listening to and I can convert them. my parents do like them, especially my dad.

I have a very wide taste in music -- Mariah Carey to Sigur Ros; Kanye West to Radiohead; Daft Punk to Rosie Thomas; Coldplay to Camera Obscura; Muse to Tilly and the Wall. I discover new bands through blogs, Last.Fm, and friends.

I will go see them and get the new music. I love Eisley enough to see them live, but other bands I don't care that much about going to. or if I had more time/money/car I probably would.

Smiles, melodies, creations.[/code]